Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
quiXilver

When does thought transition to belief?

1,602 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sherapy
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Perish the thought, I am discriminating against him on the basis of being a persistent pestiferous varmint !

Then stop with the attacks about his English. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Perish the thought, I am discriminating against him on the basis of being a persistent pestiferous varmint !

Imagine that........ :unsure2:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Then stop with the attacks about his English. 

 

 

Try putting it through a translation program, I'd say. Incoherent as it stands.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
29 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Haven't you get some sour sop to pick ?

Now you're throwing yourself into a fruity loop... 

~

28 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Yep, it must be the language barrier

My grasp of the language is fine, your grasp of the intellect is vegetative bordering on the fruitless... 

~

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

My grasp of the language is fine, your grasp of the intellect is vegetative bordering on the fruitless... 

Oh dear, on the rare occasion he produces an intelligible sentence, it turns out to be on the nose, like Durian !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Now you're throwing yourself into a fruity loop... 

~

My grasp of the language is fine, your grasp of the intellect is vegetative bordering on the fruitless... 

~

Do you think I'm a liar, too,  Mr Juicy ? I'm just trying to get a line on the depth of your paranoia /

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
35 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Try putting it through a translation program, I'd say. Incoherent as it stands.

 

Not to anyone but you, 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Not to anyone but you, 

Do you drink ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
Just now, Habitat said:

Do you drink ?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

No.

That's good. I have met more than one person, that despite only drinking a relative little (maybe two glasses of wine with dinner) have said they'd rather be dead, than not able to have a drink. I really don't know what that says, other than you don't have to be a big drinker, to be an alcoholic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That's good. I have met more than one person, that despite only drinking a relative little (maybe two glasses of wine with dinner) have said they'd rather be dead, than not able to have a drink. I really don't know what that says, other than you don't have to be a big drinker, to be an alcoholic. 

Some people enjoy their spirits I don’t begrudge them, each to their own. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Come on, you can do it .

First  3 letter word that pops into your head 

SIC

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Some people enjoy their spirits I don’t begrudge them, each to their own. 

I obviously only asked you because I wanted to see how you reacted, after asking me the same thing. However, having met three different people over a period of years, (two were women) who said the very same thing "I'd rather be dead than not be able to have a drink", and I didn't try to extract any such confession, there is really a great divide between those under the charm of alcohol, and those not, even though some of the latter, may actually drink more than the former !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
12 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Habitat said:  That's good. I have met more than one person, that despite only drinking a relative little (maybe two glasses of wine with dinner) have said they'd rather be dead, than not able to have a drink. I really don't know what that says, other than you don't have to be a big drinker, to be an alcoholic. 

Unfortunately...the Lounge doesn't keep me from hearing second hand what some of those on the Eternal Ignore list put out on the forum...

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that there is any truth whatsoever in the above quote.  I do not believe that anyone ever told him that they'd rather be dead than not be able to have a drink.  I don't believe that ever happened.  Some people are so Not Truthful....it is truly amazing.

To all those who make things up like the above poster did...out of whole cloth...to make a point:

The point just made was:   You are a big Liar!   

going back to the lounge now....it was starting to smell in there a little bit...had to air it out....

Oh but wait...I forgot something....to the above poster....for the venomous things said about the honorable @third_eye

1411651199_whipkick.jpg.fdddca4b04e94c96441a5ac4336f6964.jpg

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
5 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

SIC

The word is ARC. I just saw it with my Third Eye

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, joc said:

I do not believe that anyone ever told him that they'd rather be dead than not be able to have a drink. 

Gotta say, joc, I was shocked when it heard it the second time, and maybe quite a few years apart, but more shocked they don't (in at least two of the cases) drink much !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
59 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Oh dear, on the rare occasion he produces an intelligible sentence, it turns out to be on the nose, like Durian !

Tell the truth, what do you know about the durian?

~

52 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Do you think I'm a liar, too,  Mr Juicy ? I'm just trying to get a line on the depth of your paranoia /

Yes , but I'm still willing to give you some benefit of a doubt, you lie when you are desperate, understandable, pitiful, but understandably so... 

~

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
16 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The word is ARC. I just saw it with my Third Eye

Interesting, please do elaborate... 

~

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Yes , but I'm still willing to give you some benefit of a doubt,

What a relief !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

I usually believe what people say.  And I believe people usually believe what they say. And I believe people usually defend their beliefs, or non-beliefs, with equal vigor.     And , no , I don't drink.:lol:.   I used to drink,  but only to extreme excess.

          YES                        ?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
12 minutes ago, lightly said:

I usually believe what people say.  And I believe people usually believe what they say. And I believe people usually defend their beliefs, or non-beliefs, with equal vigor.     And , no , I don't drink.:lol:.   I used to drink,  but only to extreme excess.

          YES                        ?

I believe you. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

...and God looked down on all the millions and millions of people man...and he picked you...God picks 'em, hand plucks 'em, and he picked you....that's why your the King....lookout!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, joc said:

...and God looked down on all the millions and millions of people man...and he picked you...God picks 'em, hand plucks 'em, and he picked you....that's why your the King....lookout!

Hail to the King!!!:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

I obviously only asked you because I wanted to see how you reacted, after asking me the same thing. However, having met three different people over a period of years, (two were women) who said the very same thing "I'd rather be dead than not be able to have a drink", and I didn't try to extract any such confession, there is really a great divide between those under the charm of alcohol, and those not, even though some of the latter, may actually drink more than the former !

Are you anti alcohol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.