Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
quiXilver

When does thought transition to belief?

1,331 posts in this topic

jmccr8
17 hours ago, Habitat said:

Alcohol does play havoc with sleeping patterns, and whilst a few drinks can send people off to sleep, they often wake up in the middle of the night, and are no longer sleepy enough to go back off to sleep.

Hi Habitat

Yes, but I had hoped that you would see the broader context about drugs as well considering that there are many people who are prescribed medicine not to mention those that self medicate so It can range in effect from no dreams to very vivid and during times of detox quite terrifying. What would be interesting would be to know what their dream patterns were like with absolutely no intoxicants for a comparison as many people have spent from childhood on having to take medications and if different drugs were change or used in combination caused other affects in the dream state.

jmccr8

• Like 4

Golden Duck
40 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Diechecker

Thanks that is what I am trying to do but haven't found where it saves them to But did get one of the five pics done somehow I think.:huh::lol:

Kinda weird yesterday when I was trying to get all the new pictures onto my laptop and  it just wasn't happening after the pictures update loaded when I was scanning my phone and that was it it would not transfer so I used one of my desktops and exactly the same ting happened so I email these 5 to myself and copied them into a folder. There may have been some pop ups asking for me to do something as I was trying to do this while working on the house and wasn't at the computer all the time.

It has been 2 yrs since I last used paint so It may take a day but I will get it figured out like last time. :lol::tu:

jmccr8

@jmccr8; @DieChecker,

The other workaround for posting pictures direct to UM is to SMS the pic to yourself. MMS reduces it enough and quickly. 

• Like 1

jmccr8
3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

@jmccr8; @DieChecker,

The other workaround for posting pictures direct to UM is to SMS the pic to yourself. MMS reduces it enough and quickly. 

Hi Golden Duck

Thanks. :tu:

What the hell is an SMS or MMS. I bungle my way stubbornly knowing nothing about the tech I have so I will have to look that up?

And how did you do that blue thing to summon me?:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 2

Golden Duck
23 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Golden Duck

Thanks. :tu:

What the hell is an SMS or MMS. I bungle my way stubbornly knowing nothing about the tech I have so I will have to look that up?

And how did you do that blue thing to summon me?:lol:

jmccr8

SMS is Short Messaging Service - the texting part of your phone service. 

MMS is Multimedia Messaging Service - for sending media via SMS.  My Samsung Galaxy will reduce the size of a pic to send it via MMS - no using an app or anything.

The blue thing is just typing the at sign (@) followed by a few letter of the username.  A drop down box should appear with the name you want (if you've typoed enough letters) for you to click on.

• Like 4

jmccr8
11 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

SMS is Short Messaging Service - the texting part of your phone service. 

MMS is Multimedia Messaging Service - for sending media via SMS.  My Samsung Galaxy will reduce the size of a pic to send it via MMS - no using an app or anything.

The blue thing is just typing the at sign (@) followed by a few letter of the username.  A drop down box should appear with the name you want (if you've typoed enough letters) for you to click on.

Hi Golden Duck

okay I will look at my phone but use my computer to use the site as I don't like how using my phone works with those little buttons. I use a samsung note and take picture it has this rapid fire fuzzy bigfoot mode that's annoying, takes like 15-30 pics bam. I had to erase them all before even trying to transfer to my computer and I have no idea what activates it or cancels it. I guess I should download the manual and get to know what it really does but for me it's just for calls,texts,and pics.:huh::lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3

Liquid Gardens
On 10/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, Mr Walker said:

The more paranormal skills are real and can be used  Ones like controlled lucid dreaming

Lucid dreaming is not paranormal.

Basically it appears that every human brain  stores everything it memorises.

Yes, that is the definition of 'memorises'.

Once stored, potentially any fact etc can be recalled.

Ah yes, good ol' 'potentially' again.  When will you potentially be dunking a basketball?

However one of Australia's  top neurologists on late night radio the other night was explaining the neurology behind memory

What is her or his name?  I would like to interpret what they said for myself.

• Like 1