Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animal ghost on bed

Gardenia

Has anyone had something jump onto their bed and walk towards your head or walk on their pillows? Even my two cats are going crazy. They chase whatever is there and sit on my bed all night looking out of my bedroom door when they come in and jump onto the bed. Plus I see an orb sometimes in my room. 

• Like 1

Reject and deny it. You're only fun to bother if you get scared.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM Gardenia :st Take time to check out some threads and sit for a spell... the topic of "ghost animals" has come up several times over the years :tu:

The reasons for why this phenomena happens has also been discussed. Everywhere from dead cat ghosts to dust and insects to the medical phenomena that can happen with sleep times.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gardenia said:

Has anyone had something jump onto their bed and walk towards your head or walk on their pillows? Even my two cats are going crazy. They chase whatever is there and sit on my bed all night looking out of my bedroom door when they come in and jump onto the bed. Plus I see an orb sometimes in my room. 

Did you previously have a cat that passed away? 

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Did you previously have a cat that passed away? 

Well... My dog passed away last year. 

Just now, Gardenia said:

Well... My dog passed away last year. 

Has that possibility crossed your mind? I've heard a number of stories about dog ghosts.

That happened after one my had cat passed it is not uncommon for people to see their loved ones after they have passed and it's not always paranormal. 

53 minutes ago, khazarkhum said:

How do the cats react? With hostility, fear, or curiosity?

How the ghost of my cat reacted? It felt as if it wanted to say that everything was fine and to say goodbye.

13 hours ago, Impedancer said:

That happened after one my had cat passed it is not uncommon for people to see their loved ones after they have passed and it's not always paranormal. 

After one of my cats had passed.

4 hours ago, khazarkhum said:

How do the cats react? With hostility, fear, or curiosity?

Ha. My cats go nuts when they see the spirit. One paws at it and they both run around the bed, looks down off the bed and then follows it out of the door or watches the doorway.

1 hour ago, Gardenia said:

Ha. My cats go nuts when they see the spirit. One paws at it and they both run around the bed, looks down off the bed and then follows it out of the door or watches the doorway.

I have no doubt that they can see what you can't; they see into the infrared and ultraviolet. Since they seem to perceive it as friendly, perhaps you should too.

• 1 month later...

Interesting title for the thread,  may not be the same as what the original poster is talking about, but I have had this experience when I was a boy, and my first cat died ( run over by someone in the neighborhood thankfully i did not witness it )  anyhow I had two cats at that time one male n one female it was the male that died, the female was distraught for a good 4 days but it was around the night or two after the male died that i remember feeling what would of been the size of the male cat at the foot of my bed, near my legs, and curling up next to me. It was enough pressure to wake me up enough that i looked around and the door was shut the other female cat was not in the room. an i just went back to sleep, but had a comforting feeling. It was that distinct soft 4 steps an that curling motion that only a dog or cat can do. Hard to understand perhaps if one doesn't have an animal companion and isn't familiar.

Could it be chalked up to a vivid imagination of a young boy in pain from having his animal companion run over, sure, but it is a hard thing to convince me of just being my imagination.  I believe in the spirit world, and that animals do have an inherit spirit that can and will be waiting for us / me on the other side.   I personally need the other side to have animals, because if it is just endless people, i am going to be sick to my stomach. 

i noticed a mention of this phenomenon being discussed in other threads, I though can not find them in a search, nor do i really know what to enter in the search bar on this topic. is it under ghost animals, animal spirits, what ?  I can appreciate not wanting duplicate threads on a forum, but when the subject is too vague to bring up in a search it makes finding the subject thread very hard to find.

Yes I’ve had that exact thing happen to me. Wrote about here a while back. Crazy experience. 

Has it happened more then once?

On 6/4/2019 at 5:43 PM, Gardenia said:

I have woken up to feeling a cat curled up against my back, then it gets up and jumps down.  I did not have a cat and the dogs did not react so  I think it was one of my previous cats visiting.