Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Ghost hurt you?

'Walt' E. Kurtz

No bull but can Ghost physically hurt you?

Edited by Impedancer

I have heard many credible  cases of physical injuries, pushing, thrown objects, etc. so I would answer ‘Yes’.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Poltergeist might throw dangerous objects.  There is also the banshee.

Walt Disney version of a banshee

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

NO! 

That's pretty emphatic, Piney.  Do you believe noncorporeal spirits exist in our dimension?  

• Like 2

@papageorge1 Since i have also heard the same i  started to contemplate about it and thought there has to be at least one case...

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, and then said:

That's pretty emphatic, Piney.  Do you believe noncorporeal spirits exist in our dimension?  

Earthbounds, but they still can't hurt you unless you let them and they certainly can't throw ****. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Poltergeist might throw dangerous objects.  There is also the banshee.

Walt Disney version of a banshee

My ex used to throw items :-) 

• Haha 3

Just now, Piney said:

Earthbounds, but they still can't hurt you unless you let them and they certainly can't throw ****. 

So, you understand these earthbounds to be, what, exactly?  Are they the spirit essence/soul of a human that has died?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

So, you understand these earthbounds to be, what, exactly?  Are they the spirit essence/soul of a human that has died?

Yup, but they are uncommon. The Hebrews were right about one thing. There is no Hell. The deranged are stuck here to fade and die. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, and then said:

Reality. Not dimension. X,Y,Z axis and time are dimension. 

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, but they are uncommon. The Hebrews were right about one thing. There is no Hell. The deranged are stuck here to fade and die. 

Then you have the overly imaginative who create subconscious thought-forms and call them ghost or demons.

• Like 6

From what i know an earthbound spirit is a ghost that is human they have "of corpse " died and left their physical bodies but have for one reason or another missed their opportunity to cross over and still lingers. 

Hilarious scene from the BBC comedy 'Ghosts'.

Skip to 4:20  :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

From what i know an earthbound spirit is a ghost that is human they have "of corpse " died and left their physical bodies but have for one reason or another missed their opportunity to cross over and still lingers. 

In some cases it's due to not realizing they died. Too much regret or hatred. Pretty much anything that would bind a person to a location. Again that's all speculation without any real proof to back it up.

• Like 2

sorry, i dont buy that any enities how ever a person wants to label them are any type conscience, autonomous, spirits, ghosts, demons, and "thought forms" seem like a bit of woo to coddle true beliers we otherwise like, if anyone suggests they go further than the fantasizers own mind,  if people could conjure up anything where it interacted with others it would be widespread not limited to a few delusional bored folks wanting to be special.

if departed souls spirits whatever like um the plot of the 80s poltergiest film were real then with the billions who have died they would be common, in our way,

i have seen skeptics called close minded, thats fine, dont matter to me its not personal but when all a person has is stories and beliefs its not enough for me, if they want to take it all personal and get mad thats par for the course and the nature oftheir ego, large yet fragile,

i have no clue what happens when we die i believe the engery very well might change forms or something but all consciences or connections to us is not happening, there are no caspers, beetlejuices or spawns running about no spookies are breaking dishes or tossing rocks, no one has proved otherwise,

and if you are a "knower" more power to you, and if you dont want to prove it to others dont waste time with excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

and if you are a "knower" more power to you, and if you dont want to prove it to others dont waste time with excuses. 

Some people believe and some dont and thats whats great about it and I have never understood why people argue over things they cant prove :-) I believe in what i have experienced but i cant prove it and also the mind is a terrible thing to taste.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, the13bats said:

"thought forms" seem like a bit of woo

Thought-forms are just concepts. An idea. People empower certain ideas. Like seeing a shadow and thinking it's a shadow person. Are they have a hypnagogic/hypnopompic experience and create an association from that. Thinking there's a ghost somewhere "creates" the ghost as a product of the imagination. It's far from woo. 

If a random comes in here and tells us that a demon is affecting them with say, anxiety, then that "demon" is just an association. They think the demons causing it, the more they think about it the more that "demon" will affect them, when they in fact created it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Thought-forms are just concepts. An idea. People empower certain ideas. Like seeing a shadow and thinking it's a shadow person. Are they have a hypnagogic/hypnopompic experience and create an association from that. Thinking there's a ghost somewhere "creates" the ghost as a product of the imagination. It's far from woo. 

If a random comes in here and tells us that a demon is affecting them with say, anxiety, then that "demon" is just an association. They think the demons causing it, the more they think about it the more that "demon" will affect them, when they in fact created it.

Yes the mind is a terrible thing to taste. There is no other demons than us humans.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

its a play on "created" and is woo the way some believe and spew it that the creation isnt just an idea fantasy only in their mind but autonomous, out in the world interacting with them and others if you dont like "woo" then i will call it delusional bs, as "woo" sounds silly anyway,

imp,

i get drawn in at times and dont like it when i do when a person goes on attack because their belief isnt enough for them to be content they want to force it as proven fact on others and greet the doubters with ad hominem attacks, when they were not attacked.

Edited by the13bats
  • Confused 1

im all for its in the mind, a product of imagination and goes no furher than the mind of that believer its when they believe their fantasies are real and real to others that i say prove it or be comfortable in your belief that i dont share.

I have personally experienced a supernatural event that left physical evidence back in the 1960's. I think I was 8 years old and my mothers, mother was dying. My family had just return home from the hospital where we were visiting her. If I remember correctly we had been home for about one hour, when the temperature in our house became very cold and we all noticed it. I lived in St. Louis at the time and this was not normal for the end of May, outside it was still in the high 70's and we did not have the AC on.Then the telephone rang, the hospital called to inform my mother that her mother had pasted away, within 10 minutes of the phone call the temperature in the house had returned to normal. We were sitting in the living room taking when I noticed that the clock above television set had stopped working, I tried to rewind it but it would not start working, Then We noticed that the time when the clock had stopped was during the cold spell we had experienced in the house and also around the time we received the phone call. This really freaked my mother out, and to this day I have no explanation for it. I suspect that my grandmother was letting us know that she had past away. The clock in question never worked again, and that really sucked because it was not a cheap battery operated clock. I don't know what to call this event, so I just say it was a supernatural event, however, this did not occur in our minds if it was just the change in temperature maybe, but along with the clock there is no way. 

The reason I posted this here, is because it took a great deal of energy to drop the Temperature and break the clock. Now this was not a malicious event, however if she had wanted to hurt someone there was enough energy used to have done so.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, Aaron2016 said:

Hilarious scene from the BBC comedy 'Ghosts'.

Skip to 4:20  :lol:

That's great!  Is that a current show?

ghosts are a bit like or for some just like religion, its all about a persons belief and what they need to feel comfortable and positive, okay i know some claim spookies attack them.

when i worked at the botanical i saw people who the power of belief helped them and hurt them, it got depressing to me that these dear folks had to subscribe this to some spooky thing and not just their inner personal strength,

if a person believes a ghost can hurt them sadly it likely will

On 6/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, Impedancer said:

No bull but can Ghost physically hurt you?

By themselves or if they cause you to panic and fall down a flight of stairs while fleeing in terror?   There are always cases where someone claims that a ghost did such and such (scratches x3 is the current fad if my TV is telling me true) but is that real? I suspect not. If it could happen, and it DID happen, wouldn't we all be in a ton of **** right now?

Edited by ScotDeerie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

By themselves or if they cause you to panic and fall down a flight of stairs while fleeing in terror?   There are always cases where someone claims that a ghost did such and such (scratches x3 is the current fad if my TV is telling me true) but is that real? I suspect not. If it could happen, and it DID happen, wouldn't we all be in a ton of **** right now?

and excuses aside we would have proof not stories.

• The topic was locked