Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Ghost hurt you?

'Walt' E. Kurtz

Just now, the13bats said:

and excuses aside we would have proof not stories.

True. Three scratches don't make me believe in anything but a three-fingered satisfied itch.

• Like 2

I don't like to dismiss other people's experiences as each to their own, however, for me personally, I don't believe in ghosts.  I have had some strange experiences in the past, although, I've always managed to justify them either scientifically or through common sense.  I realise there are quite a lot of people throughout history that say they've been attacked or harmed by a spirit, therefore, I can only assume these people must have a much stronger belief in ghosts or spirits than I do.  I hope that makes sense! :)   

• Like 3

I've seen knives get picked up and thrown at people from something invisible.I have been picked up and thrown into a wall by some type of evil entity.Also been pushed down a hall into a bathtub.If anyone has not experienced anything like that,they have no idea.So yes they can hurt people.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, Impedancer said:

No bull but can Ghost physically hurt you?

Make you hurt yourself.....

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 5:05 PM, papageorge1 said:

I have heard many credible  cases of physical injuries, pushing, thrown objects, etc. so I would answer ‘Yes’.

Yes!! They can bite and burn you also. A poltergeist, and or PK manifestation is sometimes caused by a living agent, as in a person in the house. That’s when it becomes very dangerous. Peace be with you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2019-07-27 at 1:24 AM, ScotDeerie said:

True. Three scratches don't make me believe in anything but a three-fingered satisfied itch.

It's not fun when you got the angry itch  :-P 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Sherrie76 said:

Yes!! They can bite and burn you also. A poltergeist, and or PK manifestation is sometimes caused by a living agent, as in a person in the house. That’s when it becomes very dangerous. Peace be with you!

No offence but...Yes it bit the post man and now i might have to put it down :-P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, openozy said:

I've seen knives get picked up and thrown at people from something invisible.I have been picked up and thrown into a wall by some type of evil entity.Also been pushed down a hall into a bathtub.If anyone has not experienced anything like that,they have no idea.So yes they can hurt people.

I would like to hear about your most certain example of a knife being thrown,

Edited by papageorge1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I would like to hear about your most certain example of a knife being thrown,

I’d like to see video.

51 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I’d like to see video.

I doubt there is a video. That would  be a one in a many billions catch.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

I’d like to see video.

If I had that, It would of been a full length movie,starring Brad Pitt as me of course.

Edited by openozy
  • Haha 3

Assuming these things do exist; there’s the 1891 Walsingham hauntings - a mutt suffered a broken neck (see my avatar) and a man was throttled unconscious by a pair of icy-cold, invisible hands - with sharp nails. :o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, openozy said:

If I had that, It would of been a full length movie,starring Brad Pitt as me of course.

LOL love it!  :lol: 

The other thing I was going to mention was, when these strange occurrences happen, we usually don't have a camera handy.  I know almost everyone has a phone nowadays so it's probably easier to capture something in this era.  Although, when something happens out of the ordinary, like a knife shooting across the room (and I'm not saying it didn't happen @openozy just because I didn't experience this :) ) it most likely happens so fast that we're not ready with a camera in our hands to capture it on vid or take a quick pic.  

When a person actually comes up with what they feel is evidence of something that's happened to them, we skeptics usually find a way of explaining it quite rapidly, probably because we tend to lean towards being non-believers, rather than believers.  That's all I can put it down to really. :huh: 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, pixiii said:

I don't like to dismiss other people's experiences as each to their own, however, for me personally, I don't believe in ghosts.  I have had some strange experiences in the past, although, I've always managed to justify them either scientifically or through common sense.  I realise there are quite a lot of people throughout history that say they've been attacked or harmed by a spirit, therefore, I can only assume these people must have a much stronger belief in ghosts or spirits than I do.  I hope that makes sense! :)   

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

The other thing I was going to mention was, when these strange occurrences happen, we usually don't have a camera handy.  I know almost everyone has a phone nowadays so it's probably easier to capture something in this era.  Although, when something happens out of the ordinary, like a knife shooting across the room (and I'm not saying it didn't happen @openozy just because I didn't experience this :) ) it most likely happens so fast that we're not ready with a camera in our hands to capture it on vid or take a quick pic.  

When a person actually comes up with what they feel is evidence of something that's happened to them, we skeptics usually find a way of explaining it quite rapidly, probably because we tend to lean towards being non-believers, rather than believers.  That's all I can put it down to really. :huh: 

i dont dismiss, i take a perfectly acceptable scientific approach...yeah, okay great story :rolleyes: now show me the evidence show me any proof, and its just not there, stories, excuses even ad hominem attacks are not even evidence much less proof.

look at the warrens, made a great living off the paranormal seeing demons basically everywhere, they claimed repeated encounters and even had a collection of alleged haunted junk you could see for a fee.

yet zero evidence of their claims, because spookies are in the minds of the believers, and if anyone is having issues with spookies just be a skeptic, spookies never mess with them. :tu:

3 hours ago, pixiii said:

Yeah,when knives start flying your not really in the mood for family snapshots,as you say different now, but I still don't own a cell phone,no reception where I live.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

anyone is having issues with spookies just be a skeptic, spookies never mess with them

They still mess with skeptics,its just they are not open to see them.From little things that go missing to fatal car accidents,I'd rather stay open and have one up on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

They still mess with skeptics,its just they are not open to see them.From little things that go missing to fatal car accidents,I'd rather stay open and have one up on them.

oh dandy now spookies are to blame for misplaces items and motor crashes, might as well just blame them for everything...:rolleyes:

even being clumsy...:tu:

Ghosts can give you a heart attack if they startle you.  Within folklore there are plenty of examples of vengeful ghosts that come to kill people too.  It has been suggested that ghosts may be able to influence people with weak minds to hurt others, and potentially ghosts can drive people mad.  On the other hand, all these things can be explained away by other things too.  We have still yet to prove conclusively that ghosts do or do not exist.  Ghost sightings remain among the most common supernatural experiences humans encounter, and seem to cross into all cultures, even ones that seem to have been separated from the world for a very long time.  This may mean that belief in ghosts is extremely ancient, possibly pre-homo sapiens, or that ghosts exist.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, the13bats said:

oh dandy now spookies are to blame for misplaces items and motor crashes, might as well just blame them for everything...:rolleyes:

even being clumsy...:tu:

Yeahhh,I don't think they are being clumsy when they steer you into an oncoming truck,When I say "you" I don't actually mean you Bats:D

• Haha 2

On 6/5/2019 at 10:59 PM, Impedancer said:

I have a cat named Ghost and he scratched me once - it hurt. 

LOL - on a serious note I do not believe Ghosts/Spirits can hurt you, however if you give anything enough power over your belief system then it will always have the ability to hurt you maybe not in terms of your question.

Edited by Peter Cox
typo
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 9:59 PM, Impedancer said:

Well there's plenty of anecdotal evidence (hundreds upon hundreds of 'claimed' 'factual/Truthful'(in their own words) accounts) that angry/nasty or downright evil disembodied souls or even entities-usually demonic(fallen angel) in nature 'Can' and 'Do' actually hurt or cause harm to the living, by pushing downstairs,off ladders or heights(rarely fatally),scratching(usually 3 in a row to 'supposedly' mock the Holy Trinity),biting,attempted strangulation(while temporarily paralyzed, usually while you're in bed) or just grabbing by the arm or leg, that leave marks or bruising/welts,they can cause electrical fires with wiring(faulty or not) which if you're asleep could result in (a) fatality/s, they can also cause maladies or illness that could result in eventual death if the cause of the phenomena is not understood or neutralized in time(sometimes done to any beloved pets/infants), not to mention the mental anguish that that these angry/evil spirits/entities cause, like fear(which they purposely cause, and become quite adept at doing so), which is a/n <negative>energy, and allows them to feed/absorb that energy and become stronger and in turn effect the physical world(and you) even more, they also feed off of hatred, anger, moroseness and other <negative>energies.but it seems that these spirits/entities are more often than not, bound to a specific place(a house/building or a piece of land where really bad things happened/took place (or ended up, like morgues & cemeteries) like murder/killing/suicide, or a summoning/invocation to something of a dark nature(not Godly), they can also attach themselves to an object,animal or person(especially if you dabble with spirit/Ouija boards.tarot cards or any other divination paraphernalia, or someone has put a hex/curse on you). anyway i,m digressing, so i will stop there.

TLDR In short, A massive Yes, if the accounts/experiences are to be believed.

Edited by kraken
Grammatical Error
  • Like 3

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, Piney said:

Earthbounds, but they still can't hurt you unless you let them and they certainly can't throw ****. 

WRONG!

I grew up in a haunted house. Ghosts can do all kinds of neat tricks if they can collect enough energy to carry it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

if they can collect enough energy to carry it out.

Why'd you let them? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Why'd you let them? 

Where we lived there was nothing malicious, but I believe that demonic entities (such as the Leap Castle elemental) can do real damage.

How would you stop the Leap Castle elemental, Piney?
Tell it to chill out and have an SJ?

• The topic was locked