Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Ghost hurt you?

'Walt' E. Kurtz

2 minutes ago, acute said:

Where we lived there was nothing malicious, but I believe that demonic entities (such as the Leap Castle elemental) can do real damage.

How would you stop the Leap Castle elemental, Piney?
Tell it to chill out and have an SJ?

Take it's energy. Nothing is "demonic". It just appears that way. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's a cop-out!

Explain how, and how!

:tu:

1 minute ago, acute said:

Explain how, and how!

I have no "fear factor" to pull from. I was taught as a child that I'm more powerful than any smoo out there. 

Power of Intention. You want it to disappear bad enough. You think you can make it. It does. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

If I were to voice my honest opinion, who am I kidding of course I am. To take the 'energy' away from such thought-forms is to no longer feed it attention. Let the bad idea fade way. As for all this woo of telekinetic knives, etc. It's a joke, a sad joke. People haunt themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

People haunt themselves

Are you planning to exorcise yourself?

:whistle:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, openozy said:

Yeahhh,I don't think they are being clumsy when they steer you into an oncoming truck,When I say "you" I don't actually mean you Bats:D

Sounding a bit like the tales of LaVey putting a hex on Mansfield and her crashing her car into the back of a truck..ooh aah.

i guess i typed that a bit off, i meant some clumsy people will blame stubbing their toe on spookies, i do get what you are saying, its like if some poor soul steered his car unto an oncoming truck and later said a spookie steered his car or he caused it to happen to someone else.

but people who knew him saying things like yeah that guy was um well, you know he thought spookies popped up on his deman and were after him throwing stuff at him and knocking him down...poor guy.

The lady we bought this "haunted" house from was similar to that guy.

of course thats all just hypothetical since at this moment its all completly imaginary always just wonderful stories never any evidence or proof except in the believers mind.  still thought proking.

i recall Joe Nickell talking about being on a talk show with the warrens, if one wants to know just what Nickells said in his words they can Google it but it was basically that he felt mr warren was an overbearing bully who went as far as to threaten him,  i didnt get it clear if the treats were that mr warren would harm nickells or a demon would do his bidding i assume the hate and furor mr warren had was for Nicholls showing the countless faults in the warrens claims, some believers deeply need acceptance or get very cross with the disbeliever, their anger is real the spookies are not, Nickells gave me the impression he wasnt impressed with threats.

It does get the mind engaged, are there people so controlled by superstitions that they toss all logic in the garage can and call it being open and enlightened and expect others to blindly do the same?

8 hours ago, openozy said:

they steer you into an oncoming truck

some like the warrens wanted $$$ others are happy to claim of having special powers to feel superior in their minds.

Ive never considered anyone actually believing every thing or even anything happening to them or others is the result of spookies, a person can then place blame or credit for things that happen on spookies to sound in their mind all big deal epic.

and it wouldnt have to be spookies, demons it could be aliens, bigfoot, fairies, purple unicorns, or the stay puft marshmallow man whatever the true believer desires because as believers having no evidence or no proof isnt an issue.

i wonder would this fall under the umbrella of schizophrenia?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Sounding a bit like the tales of LaVey putting a hex on Mansfield and her crashing her car into the back of a truck..ooh aah.

Ahhh.....One of my bedtime stories as a small child. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ahhh.....One of my bedtime stories as a small child. :)

im pretty sure that tale, the embelishment fueled the sideshow living headless lady illusions that were very popular, the banners always seemed to play up the bombshell in a car crash back story, some banners more graphic than others.

images(43).jpg.5011883c5fb4e1eec53c341b18b179b5.jpg

but mansfield lost her wig not her head.

i have on the back bunner been working on such a prop for years, i always get side tracked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Why'd you let them? 

Most people are not educated on this as a child as you were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I have no "fear factor" to pull from. I was taught as a child that I'm more powerful than any smoo out there. 

Power of Intention. You want it to disappear bad enough. You think you can make it. It does. 

Yes, they can feed off your fear, but there are entities that (as the neighbors may tell you) wreak havoc when no one is home.

They take energy from batteries, lights, (and, in the old days, candles) and probably computers, alarm systems, and your WiFi.  Basically anything!

You can't make it disappear, but you can protect yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, acute said:

Bet you I could. It's what my father's family did for generations.

Nothing nasty can win with me because I'm the nastiest thing in the room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm the nastiest thing in the room. 

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself... :no:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnF3Ma0itWir6sHMg1XGk

Saying not saying.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, acute said:

Yes, they can feed off your fear, but there are entities that (as the neighbors may tell you) wreak havoc when no one is home.

They take energy from batteries, lights, (and, in the old days, candles) and probably computers, alarm systems, and your WiFi.  Basically anything!

Just no. No to all of this. Sounds like you're still scared of the boogieman.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Bet you I could. It's what my father's family did for generations.

You learnt as a child what it took me in my 50's to do,mainly your advice and from a couple of others on other sites has allowed me to conquer these things.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Sounds like you're still scared of the boogieman.

That's basically what it is, in a condescending way.

• Like 1

People create imaginary monsters and associate bad things to them. They even spread them memetically through word of mouth and stories. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just no. No to all of this. Sounds like you're still scared of the boogieman.

It's all based on testimony.

Near to where I used to live there was a poltergeist that worked its way through every one of the newly-built houses.

Dunnigan Road, Birmingham B32 3XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnF3Ma0itWir6sHMg1XGk

Saying not saying.

When all the amateurs are using gasoline and thinner to clean up, that stuff will actually remove wood finishes from your arms and hands. :yes:

17 minutes ago, Cloud7 said:

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself... :no:

I wasn't trained as a healer. I was taught to be a "necessary evil".  :yes:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, acute said:

It's all based on testimony.

Near to where I used to live there was a poltergeist that worked its way through every one of the newly-built houses.

Dunnigan Road, Birmingham B32 3XD

Sorry I'm not buying into any poltergeist story. There has been nothing in my years of magick that I could not find a reasonable and rational explanations for. Even the time I stupidly convinced myself I was psychic. A truly embarrassing time of my life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sorry I'm not buying into any poltergeist story. There has been nothing in my years of magick that I could not find a reasonable and rational explanations for. Even the time I stupidly convinced myself I was psychic. A truly embarrassing time of my life.

Oh well.....

I am lucky to have experienced what I have.

10 minutes ago, acute said:

Oh well.....

I am lucky to have experienced what I have.

Since you're friends with Piney I'll be keeping my opinion about this to myself. For now at least.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked