Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI release Bigfoot file

LucidElement

FBI release Bigfoot file from 1970s. It turns out the hair analyzed was from the deer family .

Does that mean the bigfoot mystery is now over? Or will there be people that still believe ? Maybe they didnt analyze the correct hair?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/05/fbi-tested-bigfoot-hair-in-1970s-government-documents-show.html

https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/fbi-releases-bigfoot-files-of-brief-probe-into-mythical-creature/

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Does that mean the bigfoot mystery is now over? Or will there be people that still believe ? Maybe they didnt analyze the correct hair

correct hair?

i cant speak for basic looky lou hair analysis of the 70s but with DNA today the only factor is the person giving the hair to the DNA person, Brian sykes showed yeti was a type of as the monks said all along a bear, and many of the hair and other samples he eas given were hailed 100% that of yeti, and then they said he claimed wrong type of bear, didnt change things for me it was still a bear,

then same with hair from bigfoot hunters in the USA a lot of chest pounding that their sample was bigfoot, no, deer,bear, raccoon, porcupine, cow etc,

and every time DNA is tested it comes back known creature, and many of these hunters claim there found the hair where they saw a bigfoot, so when hair comes back bear, deer whatever pretty much seals it for me the person either eas mistaken, wishful thinking or outright lying,

true believers who cant take it yell "cover up".

while lots of 70s tests came back unknown or inconclusive that didnt mean it was bigfoot,

one thing i would love to see the results of, when peter byrne stole parts of a monasteries alleged bigfoot hand pieces of tissue were brought back a dr had it in his desk for decades it was on an old unsolved mysteries episode, DNA test that, and the slick ecpedition hairs, i just bet they are known creatures....

• Like 4

One time when I had really long hair I was walking across the street near Safeco Field and there was a Ride the Duck tour bus at the light and as I walked by the tour guide says "Now there's something you don't see every day, a Sasquatch crossing the street in downtown Seattle"

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

One time when I had really long hair I was walking across the street near Safeco Field and there was a Ride the Duck tour bus at the light and as I walked by the tour guide says "Now there's something you don't see every day, a Sasquatch crossing the street in downtown Seattle"

i still have hair to my waste and kinda built like patty, sans breasts, i call myself a sasquatch from time to time

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, LucidElement said:

FBI release Bigfoot file from 1970s. It turns out the hair analyzed was from the deer family .

Does that mean the bigfoot mystery is now over? Or will there be people that still believe ? Maybe they didnt analyze the correct hair?

These comments don't seem even lucid to me. Do you think the Bigfoot mystery is just about this one hair sample?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Deer family? Hmmm, so they don't know what species of deer it was? Maybe an unknown species? Maybe a rare deer species that has developed bipedal walking, and maybe even hands and a big brain, why would only the family we belong to be able to do that?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, fred_mc said:

Deer family? Hmmm, so they don't know what species of deer it was? Maybe an unknown species? Maybe a rare deer species that has developed bipedal walking, and maybe even hands and a big brain, why would only the family we belong to be able to do that?

We do know a lot about the fossil records of deer.  Enough that we can be certain that Cervidae family have not grown big feet.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

These comments don't seem even lucid to me. Do you think the Bigfoot mystery is just about this one hair sample?

I wish that one hair sample they found was not from the "deer family" . Im more curious to know what people who still believe think about the FBI release report. Bigfoot never interested me, i just put the links for you guys to see the news.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AllPossible said:

If bigfoot is real why have we never came across a dead one? Are the vultures that fast?

Good point, such a basic idea but its so true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllPossible said:

If bigfoot is real why have we never came across a dead one? Are the vultures that fast?

I would agree with you if I thought Bigfoot was just another unidentified regular animal.  Many of us hold that Bigfoot is real but has attributes and abilities we would call paranormal so all bets are off as to what we should expect. We are outside our box with this creature.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

I wish that one hair sample they found was not from the "deer family" . 

I have heard of hair samples coming back as things other than the 'deer family' including 'unknown primate'. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would agree with you if I thought Bigfoot was just another unidentified regular animal.  Many of us hold that Bigfoot is real but has attributes and abilities we would call paranormal so all bets are off as to what we should expect. We are outside our box with this creature.

This is a serious question. I am honestly not trying to mock or insult in any way shape or form.

Do you not see how this sounds? You are attributing "magical powers" to help explain away the more rational and plausible scenario that we don't see dead bodies or bones of bigfoot because they don't exist. I understand having an "open mind" and all of that but when you're going to such lengths to hold onto a belief then maybe you'd be better off closing it a little?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

i just put the links for you guys to see the news.

...and you did more than just put it out there; you added insulting comments towards believers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

This is a serious question. I am honestly not trying to mock or insult in any way shape or form.

Do you not see how this sounds? You are attributing "magical powers" to help explain away the more rational and plausible scenario that we don't see dead bodies or bones of bigfoot because they don't exist. I understand having an "open mind" and all of that but when you're going to such lengths to hold onto a belief then maybe you'd be better off closing it a little?

Here is some of my reasoning.

The quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence has convinced me that people on rare occasion have seen something not identified by science. I fully understand the arguments of the 'it's all hoax and misidentification' people but think the credible sightings and videos of normal intelligent people are too consistent. The 'it's all hoax and misidentification' people become just knee-jerk attackers after a time and no longer are thinking as open-minded skeptics.

Also. beyond Bigfoot, I believe on occasions people have encountered many types of 'beyond the normal' things in the so-called paranormal realm so 'Bigfoot' is not such a stretch for me as it would be for one who sees only a materialist universe.

What you try to denigrate as 'magical powers' I see as natural things in a universe in which we only understand the surface.

• Haha 1

how so? i was saying that the hair they tested was from the deer family. Whos to say that Bigfoot's hair doesn't have traces of the deer family. lol far out but when talking about this guy, nothing is simple. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence has convinced me that people on rare occasion have seen something not identified by science. I fully understand the arguments of the 'it's all hoax and misidentification' people but think the credible sightings and videos of normal intelligent people are too consistent. The 'it's all hoax and misidentification' people become just knee-jerk attackers after a time and no longer are thinking as open-minded skeptics.

Also. beyond Bigfoot, I believe on occasions people have encountered many types of 'beyond the normal' things in the so-called paranormal realm so 'Bigfoot' is not such a stretch for me as it would be for one who sees only a materialist universe.

What you try to denigrate as 'magical powers' I see as natural things in a universe in which we only understand the surface.

Fair enough I guess. 

If Bigfoot exists ,why has no one marked the spot where it has been seen , then call in a professional tracker to follow its tracks to where it might live . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The 'it's all hoax and misidentification' people become just knee-jerk attackers after a time and no longer are thinking as open-minded skeptics.

they become knee-jerk attackers after thinking as open-minded skeptics. They use logic & basic common sense to come to a conclusion= that's why they become knee-jerk attackers- but hey, who really cares?;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

they become knee-jerk attackers after thinking as open-minded skeptics. 

The work of a true open-minded skeptic is never done. 

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

- but hey, who really cares?;)

Apparently Papa, Robotic Jew and Dejarma for three

15 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

If Bigfoot exists ,why has no one marked the spot where it has been seen , then call in a professional tracker to follow its tracks to where it might live . 

A body, droppings, strangely mutilated animals, a nest, something. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Hey for all we know, there could be small tears in space time that open randomly in remote places allowing Bigfoot type creatures to pass through the void in to our dimension. Maybe certain areas in the Pacific Northwest have higher than normal pockets of electro-magnetic radiation. As much as we like to pretend we know what's going on, any Physicist worth his salt will tell you they have a lot more questions than answers the deeper we dig in to the fabric that binds the Universe. Anything is possible - anything.

I like this line

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1