Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia: 300,000 Year Old "Nano-Technology"

TrumanB

10 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I did and didn't find anything. Maybe I should look for Russian sources lol.

Anyhow, it does sound hardly believable.

Now hang on there, mate. It could just possible. Don't be so quick to dismiss this outright just because there is no "direct" proof. 

12 hours ago, TrumanB said:

What do you think of this? Nano artefacts from ancient times...

Apparently the only dating that was done on these artefacts was a soil depth.  If you go and bury a coke bottle at a depth of 10 foot, then take some care with the soil you place back on it so that the layers are somewhat preserved, you suddenly have a 10,000 year old coke bottle, thus proving that the Coca Cola Company first existed back in the Ice Age, and that its reputed origins in 1886 USA were completely false.  This is a typical Putin's Russia B.S. propaganda story, born whole-cloth from the firehose of falsehood.  Firehose of Falsehood.  And that is sad, because otherwise it would be fascinating.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has nothing to do with Putin as per my best knowledge. You are so obsessed with him and Russia. That tells me a lot.

Anyway, I agree with those who say that this case looks like fake news ( no Trump pun intended! ).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Anyway, I agree with those who say that this case looks like fake news ( no Trump pun intended! ).

So why help spreading it ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Apparently the only dating that was done on these artefacts was a soil depth.  If you go and bury a coke bottle at a depth of 10 foot, then take some care with the soil you place back on it so that the layers are somewhat preserved, you suddenly have a 10,000 year old coke bottle, thus proving that the Coca Cola Company first existed back in the Ice Age, and that its reputed origins in 1886 USA were completely false.  This is a typical Putin's Russia B.S. propaganda story, born whole-cloth from the firehose of falsehood.  Firehose of Falsehood.  And that is sad, because otherwise it would be fascinating.

Yes, it's BS, but this chestnut FAR predates Putin.

The first time I saw the claim, it stated that these objects were found next to a river. The obvious refutation was that rivers are pretty well known for depositing things in sand and gravel along their shores, which shows that the dating is fraudulent.

The claim adapted to this, eventually, by shedding the information about the river, though you can probably still find it out there somewhere.

I don't know how old the claim was when I first came across it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it dated as early as Leonid Brezhnev, Or even before that.

Harte

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Yes, it's BS, but this chestnut FAR predates Putin.

The first time I saw the claim, it stated that these objects were found next to a river. The obvious refutation was that rivers are pretty well known for depositing things in sand and gravel along their shores, which shows that the dating is fraudulent.

The claim adapted to this, eventually, by shedding the information about the river, though you can probably still find it out there somewhere.

I don't know how old the claim was when I first came across it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it dated as early as Leonid Brezhnev, Or even before that.

Harte

Yeah I remember those little pasta looking things from way back.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TrumanB said:

What do you think of this? Nano artefacts from ancient times...

My question is "how did they find them?"

If I'm reading the reports right, they were found in mineral sampling, which may mean drilling a core.  While you could see a spring that's 1 cm in length, the odds of you seeing anything that's .003 cm in length is vanishingly small.  It's doubtful you'd see a gleam of metal at that size.  So what's the methodology used to recover these objects?

And there've been "thousands" of them discovered... so where's the collection?  Why don't we see other photos from the collection and other announcements and why don't we see people working on them to reconstruct what they went to?  Why don't we have anthropologists and other trained researchers at the site, digging things up and reporting on them?

And why are we seeing the same photos, even after almost 20 years?  And how are they guaranteeing that any reported photos are of their material and are not hoaxes?

Unusual and interesting finds are always verified by other researchers.  Sites are confirmed and quite often there's papers about them simply because this kind of work is a feather in any academic's cap, and an argument for a better salary.  Pleistocene nanotech would be an exciting find, if confirmed and rather than hidden it would be a point of nationalist pride for Russia -- in other words, the Russian government would announce that it was far superior to other nations in early technology and there'd be a big and hasty set of field expeditions to find more of this material and more material associated with this strata.  They'd have scientists on the spot and would be looking to exploit new finds.

So where's the Russian government hype engine on this?  

I'm calling it a hoax.

• Like 8

0,003 cm isn't "nanotechnology" anyway.

Harte

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Harte said:

0,003 cm isn't "nanotechnology" anyway.

Harte

Yeah there is that.

And in all my (limited) years of (limited) archaeological experience, I've never seen a sieve that could pick up something less than a centimeter in size.  I've seen it done in paleontology, where microfossils are important but the method there wouldn't mean that they could be seen in the field.  They're only spotted and recovered in the lab, under a microscope.  And you get a lot of grit and other stuff for just one fossil.

Note:  my paleo experience is also limited.  But I've seen it done.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stereologist said:

Poking around online we see that the dates are 10K, 15K, 20K, 30K, 300K years old.

Maybe the measure is in Ohms?

• Haha 6

The simple fact of the matter is that this story has as many versions as any hoax. I already pointed out that the story dates the material to 10k, 1k, 20k, 30k, and 300k years ago. I didn't look too hard so maybe there is a wider range and many more dates. The location changes as well. The people involved changes over time.

Fallacy: "As metal is difficult to analyse"

That's false. Metal is amazingly easy to analyze. Here is a hand held device.

https://alloytester.com/

Issue: " geological look a soil formation gives some inherently vague dates that must assume no soil contamination due to industry"

That's assuming that the objects in question are not soil contamination from industry. The objects look like molten metal extrusion pieces due to the parallel lines along the metal.

There have been many cases of these hoaxes such as the aluminum tooth from an excavator ucket.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Wedge_of_Aiud

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, TrumanB said:

This has nothing to do with Putin as per my best knowledge. You are so obsessed with him and Russia. That tells me a lot.

I just assume that most things coming out of Russia are B.S. these days because of Russia's official policy of pushing lies.  When I see yet another lie coming out of Russia I just think, hooray, back to Soviet "Pravda" days.  I am actually happy that this particular Russian lie can be dated back to the Brezhnev era.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Kenemet said:

It's doubtful you'd see a gleam of metal at that size. 

Time would have eroded anything that small in no time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Yes, I think your input was constructive and respectful, and I think the OP topic to be an interesting one (in a general sense, ie. anomalies in archeology).

Why do you think this is an anomaly in archaeology?

This appears to be a hoax.  Below is another example

https://www.ancient-code.com/a-300-million-year-old-screw-or-just-a-fossilized-sea-creature/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/300-million-year-old-tooth-gear_n_2527424

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3030781/Is-300-million-year-old-SCREW-Group-claims-proof-aliens-living-Earth-scientists-say-s-just-fossilised-sea-creature.html

https://spectator.sme.sk/c/20562926/250-million-years-old-microchip-from-russia-is-fake-news.html

https://doubtfulnews.com/2012/03/ancient-machine-gears-embedded-in-rock-nope-crinoid-fossils/

https://doubtfulnews.com/2014/02/hoax-alert-tiny-time-travelers-watch-is-not-real/

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/45033/400-million-year-old-machine/

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/astonishing-legends/ufo-mechanic-drops-screw

https://www.inquisitr.com/1479811/dinosaur-or-hoax-mystery-fossil-discovered-in-siberian-river/

The best of these just might be:

https://www.lifecoachcode.com/2017/01/05/russian-scientists-discovered-800-million-years-old-woman/

The age of the burial, according to the professor, was at least 800 million years old! The woman was older than the coal, having been buried as the coal formed around her coffin. Even by the evolutionary dating criteria, this refuted the Darwinian theory of evolution.

So it boils down to these two alternatives:

1. Either man, the final art-piece of evolution, was on earth earlier than the “coal age” (claimed variously to be 65 to 800 million years ago),
  2. Or coal was not formed as early as 65 to 800 million years ago, but much more recently, during the “recent” age of man.

When it comes to making  up hoaxes it seems a typical thing to do is to place the event in Russia.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Why do you think I think this particular case to be an anomaly? I said I thought the general topic, being anomalies in archeology, to be fascinating.

And lets not make this a 'Russia is hoaxes central' thingy shall we, because as it stands, Russia isnt the one causing hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths based on hoaxes. Someone else has that particular talent down to a tee..

9 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Why do you think I think this particular case to be an anomaly? I said I thought the general topic, being anomalies in archeology, to be fascinating.

And lets not make this a 'Russia is hoaxes central' thingy shall we, because as it stands, Russia isnt the one causing hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths based on hoaxes. Someone else has that particular talent down to a tee..

You wrote "anomalies in archeology". I misunderstood what  you posted. My apologies.

Russia does generate a lot of hoaxes and that suggests to anyone that care should be taken before accepting these, probably more inspection should be done than with other stories.

You are correct about hoaxes leading to deaths. The AIDS hoaxes in Africa and the anti-vax hoaxes in the US and parts of Europe are troubling. They have led to many deaths. The latest Russian health hoax is the use of something like delayed activation drugs which is the hoax of homeopathy under a new name.

• Like 5

Thread cleaned

Could members please keep the comments civil, respectful and on-topic.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, stereologist said:

China is another place that seems to exude hoaxes. Paleontology is very careful when dealing with Chinese finds after  fossils turned out to be 'enhanced', pieced together from various sources, and even carved from stones.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/palaeontology/great-dinosaur-fossil-hoax

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

I'm not positive, no one is, but I can tell you something I think, that the "anomalies" of certain people or ideas is stored somewhere in the brain still, I think the only thing that still exists, is in our brains, hardcoded, but forgotten, I find no reason NOT to believe that we are not the first species of humans on this planet, look at the dinosaurs, they were around for a very long time, but I think we were too, but something happened, who knows what, that wiped out the population, and due to the stupidity of most people now a days, I THINK if there were any survivors it must have been an extremely low IQed people, its the only explanation that could lead up to the BILLIONS of morons in the world today, we are just a bad reiteration of civilization and I don't see us lasting long, and aliens? Its probably just us, and they just are not telling us of our real history, religion would explode, and we cant have that now can we? 

But look around, we are all a bunch of dopes compared to the ancients, what we consider "technology" such as a meat head TV, is our version, where as the the "ancients" if their were any, used the Earth in a much different way, they didn't care about or THINK about making their lives so easy they sat around and  got fat and too many kids and too many stupid religions that all have the same effing back stories, **** from the sky came down, to Earth, the flood(s), etc. 

I think we will never know the truth in our life times, and if we keep it up, no one will ever know cuz we wont be here. Look at China, already starting Germ Warfare, this time they got it right, H1N1 was not as effective as the other **** they created (SARS, MERS) list goes on, but I will give it them, they will probably be the dominant species, funny thing, ever notice the "aliens" look like Chinese people?

No one has really every spoke about it, but they have the largest slave population, technology out the ass, and the will power that we do not have. I can see them taking over, and whatever, death is exciting anyway, but I see the "aliens" just being future generations (like 20,000 years  from now) being dominant and maybe, which I don't really believe in time travel, somehow make it back here to watch how they took over, I don't know, its a whacky though, I'm sure Ill get made fun of. But its ok, I'm used to it. 

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The ancient pre-precent human civilization was noted by the Atlanteans  they called it the Sitnalta culture and that word mean 'big stupids' in Archaic Atlantean. Their culture was noted for using earthen clods to hunt large animals, broken bones, hunger, wearing very sharp cheeses and poorly made soup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2