Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 8 Senate races to determine control

DieChecker

The 8 Senate races likely to determine control of the chamber

Two in states won by Clinton and six in states that backed Trump

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/eight-senate-races-likely-to-determine-control-of-the-chamber

If the president loses re-election, the fight for the Senate is likely to come down to North Carolina and Maine. The Senate is broadly “in play,” but Democrats need things to break just right to flip the chamber.

It isn't going to be an easy win for either the Ds or the Rs, I think. But, I do think Trump is going to win again, and the Senate will stay under the Rs control.

• Like 1

I think Ernst will win here.  She actually has a decent character and ethics set compared to the norm that is Republicans (or any politician for that matter) these days.  She has also been very vocal against Trump (along with Grassley) to the point of going on record as opposing him in regards to things such as the tariffs.  Her list of accomplishments are things fairly universally and middle of the road liked as well: https://www.ernst.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/12/joni-ernst-incentives-and

• Like 2

personally, I think a lot will have to do with how Trump finishes up his first 4 years, of course. But either way, if the dems took control of the Senate, I'd be surprised

• Like 1