Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone into any type Gospel music?

Pettytalk

This is what I mean by Gospel songs, where one is clearly obvious, while the other not so, but still Gospel in a way not so obvious. Comments for the songs posted is welcomed and encouraged for any song not easily discerned as Gospel, and why you think so. By "gospel" I'm meaning being inspirational to you, in one way or another, where it inspires thoughts of higher virtuous ideals. Please use this standard as to what is virtue, so that we all have a common standard to apply.

virtue
/ˈvəːtʃuː,ˈvəːtjuː/
noun
noun: virtue; plural noun: virtues
  1. 1.
    behaviour showing high moral standards.
    "paragons of virtue"
    synonyms: goodness, virtuousness, righteousness, morality, ethicalness, uprightness, upstandingness, integrity, dignity, rectitude, honesty, honourableness, honourability, honour, incorruptibility, probity, propriety, decency, respectability, nobility, nobility of soul/spirit, nobleness, worthiness, worth, good, trustworthiness, meritoriousness, irreproachableness, blamelessness, purity, pureness, lack of corruption, merit;

The Obvious one.

This one following is not so obvious, except for the title, but it make me wonder.The lyrics surely call out for a closer look at the classification of this song as just Rock. Gospel Rock would be the classification I'd give it, if it were mine to give. 

Edited by Pettytalk
Standard inserted, and editing.
  • Like 1

I think you're confusing people by calling it gospel music. This is the definition of gospel:

gospel
/ˈɡɒsp(ə)l/
noun
noun: gospel; noun: Gospel; plural noun: Gospels; noun: gospel music; plural noun: gospel musics
  1. 1.
    the teaching or revelation of Christ.
    "it is the Church's mission to preach the gospel"
    synonyms: Christian teaching, Christ's teaching, the life of Christ, the word of God, the good news, Christian doctrine, the New Testament, the writings of the evangelists
    "the Gospel was spread informally by missionaries"
    • a thing that is absolutely true.
      noun: gospel truth; plural noun: gospel truths
      "they say it's sold out, but don't take that as gospel"
      synonyms: the truth, the whole truth, the naked truth, gospel truth, God's truth, the honest truth; More
      fact, actual fact, what actually/really happened, reality, actuality, factuality, the case, so, verity, a certainty
      "one should not treat any historical document as gospel"
      antonyms: a lie
    • a set of principles or beliefs.
      "the gospel of market economics"
      synonyms: doctrine, dogma, teaching, principle, ethic, creed, credo, theory, thesis, ideology, idea, ideal, position; More
      belief, tenet, canon, conviction, persuasion, opinion
      "the Dalai Lama's gospel of non-violence"
  2. 2.
    the record of Christ's life and teaching in the first four books of the New Testament.

Perhaps inspirational music would be more apt? Gospel is usually assumed to relate to Christ, His teachings and the New Testament books that relate to His life. I bet a lot of people haven't even come to this page simply because they are not interested in music about Christ and his teachings.

• Thanks 1

Scarlet Red  -  Why

Darius Rucker  -  If I Had Wings

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 7:19 AM, ouija ouija said:

Perhaps inspirational music would be more apt?

I believe I specified what was intended......... By "gospel" I'm meaning being inspirational to you, in one way or another, where it inspires thoughts of higher virtuous ideals.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Some devil wearing Prada

Is it 'gospely' enough?

It's meant to be a subjective/personal inspiration, and does not require objective approval. If it inspires you, than it's gospley enough to post it.

But, since you did ask, what in the song inspires you to be a better person? A more virtuous one than you already are, is what I mean by being better.

Thanks for participating.

6 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

It's meant to be a subjective/personal inspiration, and does not require objective approval. If it inspires you, than it's gospley enough to post it.

But, since you did ask, what in the song inspires you to be a better person? A more virtuous one than you already are, is what I mean by being better.

Thanks for participating.

Hmmm, never mind.

Well, on the other hand, what in the gospels inspires you to be a better person? (I know, it's a low blow, nethertheless)

• Like 1

Stryper  -  After Forever (Cover of the Black Sabbath song.)

• Like 1

If I ever lose my faith in you, my Lord, I'd be really lost.

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
You could say I lost my belief in the holy Church
You could say I lost my sense of direction
You could say all of this and worse, but
If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do
Some would say I was a lost man in a lost world
You could say I lost my faith in the people on TV
You could say I'd lost my belief in our politicians
They all seemed like game show hosts to me
I could be lost inside their lies without a trace
But every time I close my eyes I see your face
I never saw no miracle of science
That didn't go from a blessing to a curse
I never saw no military solution
That didn't always end up as something worse, but
Let me say this first
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 9:43 AM, bmk1245 said:

Hmmm, never mind.

Well, on the other hand, what in the gospels inspires you to be a better person? (I know, it's a low blow, nethertheless)

To turn the other ball, since it's a low blow.

• Like 1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The King...  In his own words... 

[00.07:32]

~

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The lyrics seems to belong to God, as God, being the only Being of a kind, is alone, in a world of His own, pretending to be what He is not.  Good is Good, but pretending to be mean!

God, The Great Pretender!

A Platters hit, and redone with great style by another pretender, the great Freddy Mercury. God bless his soul!

It is said that all artists are inspired by divine intervention. Music is the universal language of Providence.

Edited by Pettytalk
link
  • Like 1