Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

The Moon is a part of Mars, says Trump

19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"Followers of astronomy were in for a surprise on Friday, when Donald Trump announced that the moon is part of Mars.

"In a tweet, apparently commenting on his own administration’s space policy, the president said: “For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago.”

"He added: “They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!”"

Full monty at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jun/07/trump-moon-is-part-of-mars-tweet-nasa

At Vox magazine: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/6/7/18656865/trump-moon-mars-tweet-artemis-whaaa

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Michelle

You mean people actually took that literally? :rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

This is why he operates at a whole different level of genius to mere people. There will, in years to come, be whole schools of philosophy dedicated to the consideration of his wisdom.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Moon being a part of the Space Program, but just structured the sentence terribly.

You can't rule out the possibility that he maybe does think the Moon is a part of Mars, considering he thinks wind turbines cause cancer and a host of other bat**** crazy ideas. But it looks to just be his normal way of speaking gibberish, applied to Twitter.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

Yeah, in this occasion I think it's just Frump's poor command of the English language.  And to be fair, he's an American so why would you expect him to speak a foreign language properly?  

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd

Nice try Trump, but no where near the brilliancy of 'covfefe'!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
54 minutes ago, Essan said:

Yeah, in this occasion I think it's just Frump's poor command of the English language.  And to be fair, he's an American so why would you expect him to speak a foreign language properly?  

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Michelle said:

You mean people actually took that literally? :rolleyes:

That's why I'm beginning to believe that TDS isn't a joke, it's real.  The media are loathsome, turning tricks for the Dems and covering themselves with 1A.  Sadly, it also shows how far the level of education has fallen in our nation.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Essan said:

Yeah, in this occasion I think it's just Frump's poor command of the English language.  And to be fair, he's an American so why would you expect him to speak a foreign language properly?  

We don't have neighbors that live within a couple of hundred miles in all directions.  We also have no NEED for learning those languages except for interest or amusement.  I think that hearing an American who is fluent in a foreign language (s) is wonderful and shows true ability, especially if they aren't wealthy enough to travel and be immersed in a foreign environment.  Learning a language one is readily exposed to is relatively easy.  Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
12 minutes ago, and then said:

  Learning a language one is readily exposed to is relatively easy.  Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

Yup, being around Ryukyu and Turkic speakers for years was a big plus. Same with North Yorkshire. They still spoke a dialect of Middle English there when I was a kid and watching Americans look at them like their heads were on fire was hilarious. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8

So, no fence to keep illegal aliens out?

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
3 hours ago, and then said:

Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

After twenty years of learning Arabic I've forgotten a lot of it. I can understand it when I hear it, but the words don't come to me when I want to speak it. The file that is my brain has become filled with other things and take longer to find these days. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I just gotta say...apocalypse aside...

the Presidency has never been funnier. 

I mean...not even George W. 

That's quite a feat.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
7 hours ago, and then said:

We don't have neighbors that live within a couple of hundred miles in all directions.  We also have no NEED for learning those languages except for interest or amusement.  I think that hearing an American who is fluent in a foreign language (s) is wonderful and shows true ability, especially if they aren't wealthy enough to travel and be immersed in a foreign environment.  Learning a language one is readily exposed to is relatively easy.  Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

The foreign language Essan was referring to was English. That was the joke. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Piney said:

Yup, being around Ryukyu and Turkic speakers for years was a big plus. Same with North Yorkshire. They still spoke a dialect of Middle English there when I was a kid and watching Americans look at them like their heads were on fire was hilarious. 

"'Cardboard box? Aye, you were lucky"

 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
7 hours ago, and then said:

That's why I'm beginning to believe that TDS isn't a joke, it's real.  The media are loathsome, turning tricks for the Dems and covering themselves with 1A.  Sadly, it also shows how far the level of education has fallen in our nation.

Well, to be fair he did just criticise NASA for advertising his own program.

Trump criticizes NASA over his own administration’s moon program

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Impedancer
Posted (edited)

Sorry i could not help myself. I can see the moon of uranus anyways what he wanted to say is that it's a part of the US and he's going to build the wall there. :)

Edited by Impedancer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

He is utterly unable to communicate in a clear manner, isn’t he?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.