Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon is a part of Mars, says Trump

Eldorado

"Followers of astronomy were in for a surprise on Friday, when Donald Trump announced that the moon is part of Mars.

"In a tweet, apparently commenting on his own administration’s space policy, the president said: “For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago.”

"He added: “They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!”"

Full monty at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jun/07/trump-moon-is-part-of-mars-tweet-nasa

At Vox magazine: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/6/7/18656865/trump-moon-mars-tweet-artemis-whaaa

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You mean people actually took that literally? :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This is why he operates at a whole different level of genius to mere people. There will, in years to come, be whole schools of philosophy dedicated to the consideration of his wisdom.

• Haha 8

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Moon being a part of the Space Program, but just structured the sentence terribly.

You can't rule out the possibility that he maybe does think the Moon is a part of Mars, considering he thinks wind turbines cause cancer and a host of other bat**** crazy ideas. But it looks to just be his normal way of speaking gibberish, applied to Twitter.

• Like 5

Yeah, in this occasion I think it's just Frump's poor command of the English language.  And to be fair, he's an American so why would you expect him to speak a foreign language properly?  

• Haha 8

Nice try Trump, but no where near the brilliancy of 'covfefe'!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Essan said:

Yeah, in this occasion I think it's just Frump's poor command of the English language.  And to be fair, he's an American so why would you expect him to speak a foreign language properly?  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

You mean people actually took that literally? :rolleyes:

That's why I'm beginning to believe that TDS isn't a joke, it's real.  The media are loathsome, turning tricks for the Dems and covering themselves with 1A.  Sadly, it also shows how far the level of education has fallen in our nation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

We don't have neighbors that live within a couple of hundred miles in all directions.  We also have no NEED for learning those languages except for interest or amusement.  I think that hearing an American who is fluent in a foreign language (s) is wonderful and shows true ability, especially if they aren't wealthy enough to travel and be immersed in a foreign environment.  Learning a language one is readily exposed to is relatively easy.  Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, and then said:

Learning a language one is readily exposed to is relatively easy.  Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

Yup, being around Ryukyu and Turkic speakers for years was a big plus. Same with North Yorkshire. They still spoke a dialect of Middle English there when I was a kid and watching Americans look at them like their heads were on fire was hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

After twenty years of learning Arabic I've forgotten a lot of it. I can understand it when I hear it, but the words don't come to me when I want to speak it. The file that is my brain has become filled with other things and take longer to find these days. :P

I just gotta say...apocalypse aside...

the Presidency has never been funnier. 

I mean...not even George W. 

That's quite a feat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, and then said:

We don't have neighbors that live within a couple of hundred miles in all directions.  We also have no NEED for learning those languages except for interest or amusement.  I think that hearing an American who is fluent in a foreign language (s) is wonderful and shows true ability, especially if they aren't wealthy enough to travel and be immersed in a foreign environment.  Learning a language one is readily exposed to is relatively easy.  Doing it at a distance without regular reinforcement is a challenge.

The foreign language Essan was referring to was English. That was the joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Piney said:

Yup, being around Ryukyu and Turkic speakers for years was a big plus. Same with North Yorkshire. They still spoke a dialect of Middle English there when I was a kid and watching Americans look at them like their heads were on fire was hilarious. 

"'Cardboard box? Aye, you were lucky"

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

That's why I'm beginning to believe that TDS isn't a joke, it's real.  The media are loathsome, turning tricks for the Dems and covering themselves with 1A.  Sadly, it also shows how far the level of education has fallen in our nation.

Well, to be fair he did just criticise NASA for advertising his own program.

Trump criticizes NASA over his own administration’s moon program

• Like 1

Sorry i could not help myself. I can see the moon of uranus anyways what he wanted to say is that it's a part of the US and he's going to build the wall there. :)

Edited by Impedancer

He is utterly unable to communicate in a clear manner, isn’t he?

• Haha 1