Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12

Eldorado

"With 76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12, this is the face of the migrant crisis at America's Southern border.

"The women were packed into a room at a Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, amid record numbers coming into America illegally.

"Every spot on the bench was occupied, forcing the other women to sit on the floor with their knees and elbows pressing into each other.

Some migrants were forced to stand on the toilet because there was so little room - and with no showers they wore soiled clothes for weeks."

Full article at the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7116871/Nearly-80-migrant-women-seen-stuffed-inside-cinder-block-cell-meant-12.html

At the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/07/us-migrant-detention-facilities-egregious-conditions-reports

"Border Patrol holding 900 at facility fit for 125 in situation that ‘could turn violent’"

At the Washington Examiner: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-patrol-holding-900-at-facility-fit-for-125-in-situation-that-could-turn-violent

• Thanks 1

No crisis at all, down there, am I right?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Ahhh...there's that Christian voice. I can just hear the empathy oozing from you. 

Well, Mary and Joesph had to live in a stable for a while when they were fleeing Herod....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, skliss said:

I'm short on empathy at the moment. I contribute to charities with time, goods and money, conservatives far outstrip liberals in all those areas. I'll  give you the shirt off my back right up until you start to expect it, demand it, are ungrateful and take advantage of me. 

My thoughts exactly. Literally, every word. 

• Like 5

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.   We are working with what we have.   If they check out and are allowed into the country, a few weeks of this won't be a big deal for them.   I'm a little surprised we haven't sent a few extra trailers down there for them to use temporarily.   

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus the responses in this thread are terrifying. Bad **** happens when a society loses empathy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Jesus the responses in this thread are terrifying. Bad **** happens when a society loses empathy.

People tend to lose empathy when they feel that their lifestyle is being threatened. Especially when their leaders don't seem to care. Or treat them as 'deplorables'. 

• Like 5

Just now, RoofGardener said:

People tend to lose empathy when they feel that their lifestyle is being threatened. Especially when their leaders don't seem to care. Or treat them as 'deplorables'. 

The fact that the propaganda has worked so well that people "believe" that nonsense is also terrifying. 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Or treat them as 'deplorables'. 

Speaking of propaganda :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I would suggest that the very circumstances described in the opening post of this thread mean that the warnings about immigration are NOT propaganda, but truth. 

• Like 4

Just now, RoofGardener said:

I would suggest that the very circumstances described in the opening post of this thread mean that the warnings about immigration are NOT propaganda, but truth. 

So the response to a humanitarian crisis is to do inhumane things? Nice Nice.

LOL I love the psychology here.

Anyone not running around screaming about mexican rapists stealing jobs is framed as pro illegal immigrant or as being in denial about there being a problem. Of course theres a problem, there has been for a very long time, the absurdity of the current racist campaigning is that when Trumpism became a thing illegal immigration was lower than it had been in decades.

None of these jackholes honestly believe that immigrants are "coming for their jobs" no matter how many times they say it. Their animosity is being intentionally driven to a fevered pitch via a campaign of propaganda. 

All of that aside, many of those those crammed into those abhorrent conditions, being refused basic toiletries, very well could qualify for asylum

• Thanks 2

Utah Newspaper Says U.S. Is Running ‘Concentration Camps For Refugee Children’

“Our nation is operating concentration camps for refugee children,” the paper’s editorial board wrote. “We need to stop denying that and decide if we are comfortable with that fact. And how we will explain it to our children.”

The situations in World War II Germany and modern-day America are “not morally equivalent,” the Tribune editorial notes. “And we probably don’t have reason to fear that this is necessarily going to become that. But then, we never do. Because that starts as this.”

It goes on to lay out some parallels between the precursors of what occurred in Nazi Germany and what is happening in the U.S. now. 

“It worked its way up, from nasty political speeches (check) to politicians seeking and gaining power with promises to protect the purity of the nation from foreign invasion (check) to denying basic human rights and decency to people of an unfavored class (check),” the editorial reads. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

or people do not feel much sympathetic towards those who brake into their country and ignore our laws, as they rightfully should feel that way. hard to give even an inch when miles are taken.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The Utah Newspaper is obviously staffed by Morons, if the article is anything to go by. 

Can anyone remind me of when Nazi Germany had a problem with unwanted mass-immigration ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

The Utah Newspaper is obviously staffed by Morons, if the article is anything to go by. 

Can anyone remind me of when Nazi Germany had a problem with unwanted mass-immigration ? 

Again ????  :lol: Your pedantry is becoming transparent as a tactic.

So it has to be "unwanted mass immigration" to be a parallell? Not just an unwanted minority? Comeon dude that is weak sauce

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Again ????  :lol: Your pedantry is becoming transparent as a tactic.

So it has to be "unwanted mass immigration" to be a parallell? Not just an unwanted minority? Comeon dude that is weak sauce

YES @Farmer77, it DOES. When you compare two things, they have to have things in common. 

You can't compare US Border Control with the Nazi's because THEY DON'T HAVE COMMON ELEMENTS. Or at least, not common elements that uniquely define themselves. 

We have this thing called "language" that we use to communicate. This language is built on objects called "words". It is NOT pedantry to point out the mis-use of words. (or at least, not necessarily pedantry). 

Oh.. by "uniquely identifying", I mean a factor that is a unique or nearly-unique characteristic. 

Hence the following fails

• @Farmer77 wears shoes. 
  • Nazi's wear shoes. 
  • Ergo @Farmerr77 is a nazi. 

Now, to go back to your Utah Newspaper (I can't read the original article, as they website has a policy of NOT allowing  you to opt out of cookies, which I do not sanction, and hence I won't visit it). 

".... “It worked its way up, from nasty political speeches (check) to politicians seeking and gaining power with promises to protect the purity of the nation from foreign invasion (check) to denying basic human rights and decency to people of an unfavored class (check),” the editorial reads. "

• Give me ONE speech by a member of government that is comparable to the Nazi-era speeches. You can't, because non exist. 
  • Give me ONE speech by a member of government that discusses "..protect(ing) the purity of the nation". You can't, because non exist.
  • Give me ONE example of where the government has denied "basic human rights"  - to an extent not normal for criminal arrest - to people of an unfavoured CLASS.  You can't, because non exist. 
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

YES @Farmer77, it DOES. When you compare two things, they have to have things in common. 

You can't compare US Border Control with the Nazi's because THEY DON'T HAVE COMMON ELEMENTS. Or at least, not common elements that uniquely define themselves. 

We have this thing called "language" that we use to communicate. This language is built on objects called "words". It is NOT pedantry to point out the mis-use of words. (or at least, not necessarily pedantry). 

Oh.. by "uniquely identifying", I mean a factor that is a unique or nearly-unique characteristic. 

Hence the following fails

• @Farmer77 wears shoes. 
  • Nazi's wear shoes. 
  • Ergo @Farmerr77 is a nazi. 

Now, to go back to your Utah Newspaper (I can't read the original article, as they website has a policy of NOT allowing  you to opt out of cookies, which I do not sanction, and hence I won't visit it). 

".... “It worked its way up, from nasty political speeches (check) to politicians seeking and gaining power with promises to protect the purity of the nation from foreign invasion (check) to denying basic human rights and decency to people of an unfavored class (check),” the editorial reads. "

• Give me ONE speech by a member of government that is comparable to the Nazi-era speeches. You can't, because non exist. 
  • Give me ONE speech by a member of government that discusses "..protect(ing) the purity of the nation". You can't, because non exist.
  • Give me ONE example of where the government has denied "basic human rights"  - to an extent not normal for criminal arrest - to people of an unfavoured CLASS.  You can't, because non exist. 

Trump's demagoguery and characterization of the immigrants- both illegal and the asylum seekers has been compared to Nazi-era speeches on numerous occasions.

My Representative Steve King has been on record with arguments on protecting the purity of the nation- specifically white European culture.

Here is a video of a government attorney arguing that it was okay for immigrant children to not have soap, toothbrushes and to sleep on concrete floors- which in the United States would get the children taken by the government for child abuse if parents did it. (fast forward about 1/2hr because the first part is boring) :

Doctors are actually beginning to wonder if the Trump administration is actively trying to foment disease among the immigrant population by deliberately causing these crowded and unsanitary conditions.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Go to Mexico illegally and get back to us on the humane treatment you receive there.

I don't know about the rest here but I'll wait................

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 2

“Border Patrol agents told us some of the detainees had been held in standing-room-only conditions for days or weeks,” 

Why?

if there are some waiting and the place if full, then send the others away until there is room and time to check each person out for entry.

No way should they be allowed to set foot in the cells if there is a backlog. If they do not like it then that is tough, they need to blame their own country as to why the border is crammed.

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, Eldorado said:

"With 76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12, this is the face of the migrant crisis at America's Southern border.

"The women were packed into a room at a Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, amid record numbers coming into America illegally.

"Every spot on the bench was occupied, forcing the other women to sit on the floor with their knees and elbows pressing into each other.

Some migrants were forced to stand on the toilet because there was so little room - and with no showers they wore soiled clothes for weeks."

Full article at the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7116871/Nearly-80-migrant-women-seen-stuffed-inside-cinder-block-cell-meant-12.html

At the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/07/us-migrant-detention-facilities-egregious-conditions-reports

"Border Patrol holding 900 at facility fit for 125 in situation that ‘could turn violent’"

At the Washington Examiner: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-patrol-holding-900-at-facility-fit-for-125-in-situation-that-could-turn-violent

Bearing in mind they are illegal then I dont care if they are living like sardines,

By all means make sure they dont die while in the US, but deport ASAP and only give them the bare minimum.

20 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I would add in there its what happens when your country is being taken advantage of.

The Mexicans arent fleeing war or a situation where their lives are under threat. They are economic migrants (and low skilled ones at that or they could have legally emigrated). Lock them up until they can be deported, and make them do hard labour while here to pay for their bread, water, and someone to guard them. The slums are full!

Edited by RabidMongoose

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Trump's demagoguery and characterization of the immigrants- both illegal and the asylum seekers has been compared to Nazi-era speeches on numerous occasions.

My Representative Steve King has been on record with arguments on protecting the purity of the nation- specifically white European culture.

Here is a video of a government attorney arguing that it was okay for immigrant children to not have soap, toothbrushes and to sleep on concrete floors- which in the United States would get the children taken by the government for child abuse if parents did it. (fast forward about 1/2hr because the first part is boring) :

Doctors are actually beginning to wonder if the Trump administration is actively trying to foment disease among the immigrant population by deliberately causing these crowded and unsanitary conditions.

thanks for your response, @Gromdor. I won't have an opportunity to watch this for 24 hours... I'll get back to you once I have. :)