Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12

Eldorado

43 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I was showing how easy it is to take words out of context. 

They do not stay at the holding center really very long at all. It takes years to become a citizen and get an SSI number. Until then they get a green card.

Acting DHS Secretary Reveals Whopping Percentage of Migrants Don’t Show for Their Court Hearings

The number of migrants who enter the U.S. after seeking asylum and are a no-show for their court date is staggering.

Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan told the Senate Judiciary Committee during Tuesday’s hearing that 90 percent of asylum-seekers who come into the country are not to be seen again.

“It depends on demographic, the court, but we see too many cases where people are not showing up,” McAleenan said. “Out of those 7,000 cases, 90 received final orders of removal in absentia, 90 percent.”

“Ninety percent did not show up?” Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) asked.

“Correct, that is a recent sample from families crossing the border,” McAleenan responded.

cont...

https://ijr.com/dhs-secretary-whopping-percentage-migrants-dont-show-hearing/

That's a disgustingly high amount that don't show up???  Good god. 

26 minutes ago, pixiii said:

They should be encouraged to pay proper wages to their own citizens who are looking to work.  eg. I find it rather sad that people pay illegals cash/less money to carry out work, simply because they can get cheap wages and cheap labour that way.   It's treating people as if they're a lower class citizen because they're an illegal.  I find it offensive to be honest.  If they were a legal citizen, they'd be assured of at least getting a proper wage, healthcare, various benefits, wouldn't you think? 

We're extremely strict on borders here but our's are water.  I feel it would be much worse in the USA where people can just walk on in. :(

so who do you blame more the illegals trilled to work cheap or the people who hire them to get cheaper labor?

On 6/27/2019 at 2:06 PM, Setton said:

If the taliban can give toothpaste to a hostage from a country that is actively trying to kill them, the US can give it to some innocent kids. 

4.6 billion is a lot of money. It is also a lot more than is needed to buy some soap. Unless you go to waitrose. 

Feel free to send donations, Peter Pan.  Even a bar of soap and a toothbrush should help.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, RoofGardener said:

Doesn't anybody find that worrying ?

His ilk probably want just the opposite.  It's all about weakening a nation he obviously loathes.  His words and repeated threads he initiates proves that point.  I'd say what I REALLY think of him but it would just get "disappeared".  

On 7/3/2019 at 12:09 PM, OverSword said:

A federal judge in Seattle ruled Tuesday that asylum-seeking migrants detained for being in the U.S. illegally have the right to a bond hearing in immigration court rather than being held until their cases are complete.

U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman said it is unconstitutional to indefinitely detain migrants who fled to the U.S. seeking asylum protections.

The decision reverses an April directive from Attorney General William Barr ordering immigration judges not to release migrants on bail after an applicant successfully establishes "a credible fear of persecution or torture" in the home country — a policy that has been in place since 2005.

"The court finds that plaintiffs have established a constitutionally-protected interest in their liberty, a right to due process, which includes a hearing before a neutral decision maker to assess the necessity of their detention and a likelihood of success on the merits of that issue," Pechman wrote.

Even when it has firmly been established with evidence that once released, few of them are ever seen again - except those who kill people by driving drunk.  It is OUTRAGEOUS what these so-called judges are expediting in America.  With any luck, maybe the next fatal DUI victim will be a spouse or child of one of them.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, Eldorado said:

"With 76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12, this is the face of the migrant crisis at America's Southern border.

"The women were packed into a room at a Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, amid record numbers coming into America illegally.

"Every spot on the bench was occupied, forcing the other women to sit on the floor with their knees and elbows pressing into each other.

Some migrants were forced to stand on the toilet because there was so little room - and with no showers they wore soiled clothes for weeks."

Full article at the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7116871/Nearly-80-migrant-women-seen-stuffed-inside-cinder-block-cell-meant-12.html

At the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/07/us-migrant-detention-facilities-egregious-conditions-reports

"Border Patrol holding 900 at facility fit for 125 in situation that ‘could turn violent’"

At the Washington Examiner: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-patrol-holding-900-at-facility-fit-for-125-in-situation-that-could-turn-violent

Some of them want to escape the drug and sex traffic, in Mexico and be legal ,  But most of them are the drug and sex traffic  criminals.  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

I wonder what the farmers would do if they couldn't hire illegals anymore?

They would have to pay more than basically slave wages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

so who do you blame more the illegals trilled to work cheap or the people who hire them to get cheaper labor?

The people that hire them to get cheap labor.

• Like 4

On 7/13/2019 at 12:18 PM, Gromdor said:

You either want to live in a nation of laws or you don't.  The Constitution is the basis for all our laws, to ignore it is to ignore our laws.  Just because someone is too poor to post bond, doesn't mean we skip their Constitutional rights and skip their court hearing. 

You nailed it right there with that first sentence.  This goes for people trying to get into just about any country in the world.  It always makes me think of that timeless saying, "When in Rome, do as the Roman's do".  I often wonder why people don't get that?  It's basic manners in a simple kinda way.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pixiii said:

They should be encouraged to pay proper wages to their own citizens who are looking to work.  eg. I find it rather sad that people pay illegals cash/less money to carry out work, simply because they can get cheap wages and cheap labour that way.   It's treating people as if they're a lower class citizen because they're an illegal.  I find it offensive to be honest.  If they were a legal citizen, they'd be assured of at least getting a proper wage, healthcare, various benefits, wouldn't you think? 

We're extremely strict on borders here but our's are water.  I feel it would be much worse in the USA where people can just walk on in. :(

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

They would have to pay more than basically slave wages.

I think you are both right. However I think the farmers will have to pay the locals triple or even quadruple the current minimum wages, probably with health benefits, then maybe they can get the locals to stay working for them more then a day or two. From what I understand from locals who tried to do it, apparently it's backbreaking work and not worth the pay even when some farmers pay almost double the current minimum wage.