Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12

Eldorado

I don't know why you all have to keep being reminded that seeking asylum is not illegal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2019 at 11:58 AM, Gromdor said:

Trump's demagoguery and characterization of the immigrants- both illegal and the asylum seekers has been compared to Nazi-era speeches on numerous occasions.

I believe it. His speech has been compared to Nazi-era speeches ... by morons with a political agenda. 

Now then, can you give me ONE example of a speech by Trump that is comparable with a Nazi-era speech ? 

Just one ? 

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I believe it. His speech has been compared to Nazi-era speeches ... by morons with a political agenda. 

Now then, can you give me ONE example of a speech by Trump that is comparable with a Nazi-era speech ? 

Just one ? 

Yes, I could.  But are you able to recognize the traits that would be similar in both?  Because let's face it, if that inability to do so prevents you from seeing for yourself, it would a waste of my time to try and point it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Just one ? 

And yet it is the left who is actually acting like Nazis. 

• Like 4

On 6/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Go to Mexico illegally and get back to us on the humane treatment you receive there.

I don't know about the rest here but I'll wait................

LMAO so now America doesnt stand above the rest? We're not a bastion of civility in a cold world? As long as we can look at another country and say "butwhatabout the way they treat people" anything goes? We're becoming monsters

Defend this one :

"Migrant Children Don't Need Beds, Toothbrush Or Soap", Says Trump Administration

I dont know about the rest here but I'll wait...........................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

LMAO so now America doesnt stand above the rest? We're not a bastion of civility in a cold world? As long as we can look at another country and say "butwhatabout the way they treat people" anything goes? We're becoming monsters

Defend this one :

"Migrant Children Don't Need Beds, Toothbrush Or Soap", Says Trump Administration

I dont know about the rest here but I'll wait...........................

Speaking of not needing beds...AOC, Warren and Sanders backs Ikea strike on sending beds to detention centers.

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Speaking of not needing beds...AOC, Warren and Sanders backs Ikea strike on sending beds to detention centers.

Wayfair you mean?

However, I'd be against Ikea sending beds to detention centers too.  Expensive, foreign made furniture paid by US tax payers?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

They should at least give them some soap and basic cleaning supplies.

If they don't suffer, it won't be a deterrent from coming here- or so I am told by those that support the policy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If they don't suffer, it won't be a deterrent from coming here- or so I am told by those that support the policy.

You'd think he happily take immigrants from Christian nations rather than from nations of the religion he cannot stand. But what does he know of human suffering being at the very top and looking down and doing nothing about it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Wayfair you mean?

However, I'd be against Ikea sending beds to detention centers too.  Expensive, foreign made furniture paid by US tax payers?

Yes, thank you. There was some kind of glitch when I tried to make the correction.

Expensive? Ikea is what people buy until they can afford real furniture.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:49 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I don't know why you all have to keep being reminded that seeking asylum is not illegal

Entering the country illegally to do so it is, if they even bother to. Most head for established communities in sanctuary cities and blend in. It's the ones that are caught who cry asylum.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, Eldorado said:

"With 76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12, this is the face of the migrant crisis at America's Southern border.

"The women were packed into a room at a Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, amid record numbers coming into America illegally.

"Every spot on the bench was occupied, forcing the other women to sit on the floor with their knees and elbows pressing into each other.

Some migrants were forced to stand on the toilet because there was so little room - and with no showers they wore soiled clothes for weeks."

Full article at the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7116871/Nearly-80-migrant-women-seen-stuffed-inside-cinder-block-cell-meant-12.html

At the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/07/us-migrant-detention-facilities-egregious-conditions-reports

"Border Patrol holding 900 at facility fit for 125 in situation that ‘could turn violent’"

At the Washington Examiner: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-patrol-holding-900-at-facility-fit-for-125-in-situation-that-could-turn-violent

They're use to sparse accommodations.

BRLASFall2013-NAZARIO-Getty175702922-750

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

You're the second person to bring this up. How did you folks end up so broken and dark inside that you see people not wanting businesses to support those who would have children sleep on concrete floors with the lights on 24/7 with those who are actually arguing in court that making children sleep on concrete floors with the lights on 24/7 is acceptable?

Please allow Shep Smith to explain just how messed up that is

Fox’s Shep Smith Torches Trump: We Treat Migrant Children Worse Than Prisoners of War

Shortly after Trump made his comments, Smith told Fox News viewers that because Trump said “we’re treating the children very well,” he was going to provide actual reporting on “how those children are being treated.”

Highlighting the “horrendous conditions” at a detention facility in Clint, Texas, the Fox News anchor noted that one lawyer said children less than 10 years of age were taking care of infants and toddlers.

“Their clothes covered in snot,” Smith added. “No access to toothbrushes or toothpaste or soap. Basic necessities for any of us and all the more so for children.”

Referencing a segment from his Monday broadcast, Smith went on to highlight just how awful these kids’ living conditions were.

“We reported accurately here yesterday that were these prisoners of war instead of innocent children, those withholding of those items would be violations of the Geneva Convention,” he declared. “That is what the president considers treating well, the children of migrants that came across the border without documents.

Edited by Farmer77

D92XShBU0AItSp-.png:large

This isnt parody.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

If I am not wrong usa has strict visa interviews, I have seen talented doctors, engineers and PhD people denied visa for 6 months of stay or work visa who would have actually be beneficial for usa and here I see that just some bunch of people are illegally crossing the border, won't these guys be a burden on the country? I mean these people need to be fed, clothed and lodged for free and considering the current economic climate where are the jobs for all these sudden influx of people and moreover what happens to the leaders of such countries they are Scott free and would just send excess people to usa borders. 

On 6/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, GlitterRose said:

I can just hear the empathy oozing from you. 

An Den?  An What?  Think as you wish.  Makes no difference at all to me.  Only a foolish person would advocate for an unlimited flow of people into a country they hate and just want to scam.  You people are fools.  Worse than that, I suspect you are the rankest kind of hypocrites as well.  It's easy to insult other people when you have never been faced with the negative consequences your wishes would bring.  Invite a dozen into YOUR home.  Feed, clothe and educate them and then get back to me.  Idiots.  You get that MILLIONS of destitute people exist in this world and would love nothing better than to come here and be taken care of for free, yeah?  When that happens and we lose our nation and become one California cesspit from sea to sea, who the hell is going to be around to help anyone, anywhere?  Idiots...  Name a single nation that has ever done more for the poor and oppressed in this world. ONE.  No?  Then spit your hate elsewhere.

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

Only a foolish person would advocate for an unlimited flow of people into a country they hate and just want to scam. 

Youre conflating two issues. Making children sleep on concrete floors with 24/7 lighting and no basic hygiene is a wholly separate issue.

1 minute ago, and then said:

Invite a dozen into YOUR home.  Feed, clothe and educate them and then get back to me.  Idiots.  You get that MILLIONS of destitute people exist in this world and would love nothing better than to come here and be taken care of for free, yeah? 

We do recognize that when people knock on the door pleading for help torturing them isnt exactly the right response.

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Name a single nation that has ever done more for the poor and oppressed in this world. ONE.  No?  Then spit your hate elsewhere.

So good deeds in the past absolve us from any morality today?

So where does it stop?

Today we dont need to give them sleep or basic hygiene , tomorrow are you going to be OK with not feeding them?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kartikg said:

I see that just some bunch of people are illegally crossing the border, won't these guys be a burden on the country? I mean these people need to be fed, clothed and lodged for free and considering the current economic climate where are the jobs for all these sudden influx of people and moreover what happens to the leaders of such countries they are Scott free and would just send excess people to usa borders. 

Around 75% of the citizens here recognize this problem.  Those who spew their holier than thou BS are just virtue signaling to tweak sane people that have had ENOUGH of their bullsh1t.  No other country on this planet ever has or will behave so suicidally and it's our political "leadership" that is selling this country out and weakening it for their own power and enrichment.  When civil chaos breaks out, they will be safely out of any danger zones.  They are vile.

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

torturing them isnt exactly the right response.

You really are a piece of work.  Do you even believe your own bullsh1t?  If you do then that's even worse.  No damned body has been tortured.  NOTHING is happening today that didn't happen under the last president but I don't recall hearing any complaints from you guys.  I guess it's hard to do when your head is so far up his ass.  Let them keep coming until we reach a point where true resentment begins.  THEN you'll get the horrors you lie about today and that will please you immeasurably.  Disgusting waste of carbon.

15 minutes ago, and then said:

You really are a piece of work.  Do you even believe your own bullsh1t?  If you do then that's even worse.  No damned body has been tortured. 

Yeah man as a corrections officer we couldnt make convicted murderers sleep on concrete floors with 24 hours of light.  These kids are torn from their parents, forced to go weeks without showers and forced to sleep on cold concrete floors with lights going 24/7. If they were prisoners of war we would be violating the Geneva Convention

NOTHING is happening today that didn't happen under the last president but I don't recall hearing any complaints from you guys. 

Thats a lie. The last president did not go to court to argue that the US government wasnt responsible for giving immigrants in their custody basic necessities like beds and soap.

Let them keep coming until we reach a point where true resentment begins. 

Your leader is a monster who has spent the last 5 years or so building that resentment and turning his followers into the same.

Im sure you will eventually get what you want, in this realm anyways.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Which one of the folks in this parable are you again?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Entering the country illegally to do so it is, if they even bother to. Most head for established communities in sanctuary cities and blend in. It's the ones that are caught who cry asylum.

Nope. Tpu can stroll youbas across any border any day of the week, claim asylum, and you're good.

Not claiming the efficacy of anything 

• Like 1

Hmmm....... 

According to the article @Farmer77 posted back in post #32, the border service needs $4.6 BILLION in order to prevent more child deaths. In other words.. to stabilise the current situation. 

Now, the USA is a wealthy nation, but $4.6 BILLION is a LOT of money. 

And that is just to stabilise the situation. What happens next year, when the number of "asylum seekers" increases ? Will this figure just keep on going up every year ? 

Are we really to suppose that the USA should endlessly fund South American's and Africans endlessly turning up on their southern border, with no end in sight ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3