Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

76 migrants crammed into a room fit for 12

Eldorado

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Doesn't seem like that's true. 

Gromdor posted the video of them saying exactly that on page 1.

I haven't been there myself and I know that the truth is we are getting very lopsided propaganda more than actual news or detailed facts but if the plan is to just deport them ASAP then they probably think the current facilities are good enough.  Regardless everyone knows half of the public statements trump makes are complete bull.

We know they think the facilities are good enough. And this wasn't Trump twitting in the middle of the night, this is an actual official. 

What I want to know is do you think its acceptable to keep kids in these conditions? 

1 minute ago, aztek said:

came here illegally?  i do not care frankly, none of them would be in their position if they did not come here illegally. that is all there is to it.

Thanks for being clear. 

Children brought across the border by parents = just as bad as terrorist. 

What a delightful world you inhabit. 

nope,  not a chance. they should have brought their own,  see that is the attitude right there, they could not even bring their own brushes?????? wtf did they expect, we will provide them with everything? 

Oops, no, scratch that last already. 

Children brought across the border by parents are worse than terrorists. 

yep, i said what i said and gvmnt does what it does,  what exactly are you asking here?

Nothing more, you've been very clear. 

Thank you for making sure everyone knows what sort of thing you are. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

I meant the statement.

23 minutes ago, Setton said:

We know they think the facilities are good enough. And this wasn't Trump twitting in the middle of the night, this is an actual official. 

What I want to know is do you think its acceptable to keep kids in these conditions? 

I saw a bunch of happy kids laughing and playing soccer on a pitch in front of one of these facilities on CBS news this morning before work, so like I said I know we are being fed propaganda.  The truth is somewhere between what the MSN says and what the White House says I'm guessing.  I'm not letting it ruin my day.  I feel for these people, the very first refugee I ever met was a guy from El Salvador named Salvadore around 1986 who one drunken night described to me the machine gunning of every male in his village by soldiers as he watched from some bushes.  I have lived with a political refugee from Laos, my family sponsored and employed refugees from Kosovo and Bosnia.  When my chance to do something besides whinge about it comes we'll see how I really feel I guess.  Right now I'm a guy on a computer. 

Edited by OverSword

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

What statement? 

The administrations statement.

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

I was watching an interview with Andrew Yang.  According to him the major reason for the poor conditions is they need more people down there to build and run those facilities and it is very difficult to attract people down there, basically to the middle of nowhere, to take the jobs.  Anyone here want to move down to the most Southern tip of Texas and live in miserable heat in a little town with a tiny supermarket and one gas station?  Farmer?  Gromdor?  Glitter? 

The point is this is a much more complicated matter than "trump is a Nazi".  WAAAYYYY more complicated.

Wait, you are asking for people to immigrate down there and do work?  Someone willing to live in miserable heat in a small town with a tiny super market and one gas station?

To do a job where they have to watch a group of people who are willing to immigrate there and do work?  A group of people used to living in miserable heat and small towns?

Huh,  where can we find people to do that at............

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The administrations statement.

Start from 32 minutes in. 

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I saw a bunch of happy kids laughing and playing soccer on a pitch in front of one of these facilities on CBS news this morning before work, so like I said I know we are being fed propaganda.  The truth is somewhere between what the MSN says and what the White House says I'm guessing. 

Again, the white house representative does not dispute that soap is not provided or that children are in these conditions for extended time. Their entire argument is that a lack of soap and toothbrushes does not constitute unsanitary conditions. 

Do you agree with this? 

I'm not letting it ruin my day.  I feel for these people, the very first refugee I ever met was a guy from El Salvador named Salvadore around 1986 who one drunken night described to me the machine gunning of every male in his village by soldiers as he watched from some bushes.  I have lived with a political refugee from Laos, my family sponsored and employed refugees from Kosovo and Bosnia.  When my chance to do something besides whinge about it comes we'll see how I really feel I guess.  Right now I'm a guy on a computer. 

I can respect that, particularly with the help you previously gave. It puts you a million miles ahead of some on here. 

24 minutes ago, Setton said:

entire argument is that a lack of soap and toothbrushes does not constitute unsanitary conditions. 

Do you agree with this? 

No.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Then we're somewhere on the same page. 

As I said earlier they can send political refugees here (Seattle) and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

28 minutes ago, OverSword said:

As I said earlier they can send political refugees here (Seattle) and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Yep. you can always fit'em in, somewhere.7a58a9f4-8199-11e5-a120-a0a302546e91-780a78e9ca2-7550-11e6-810d-ac11f84a12e6-780

_mg_3620.jpg

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yep. you can always fit'em in, somewhere.

Those photo's are mainly of encampments populated by drug addicted American citizens, not political refugees.  Total false equivalency.  But nice try.

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Those photo's are mainly of encampments populated by drug addicted American citizens, not political refugees.  Total false equivalency.  But nice try.

You don't seem able to take care of them and your downtown reeks of urine and feces. Quite a few of your middleclass have begun relocating here, I meet at least one everyday now. So, the above description is a first hand one from natives. If unskilled economic migrants arrive there in numbers--what are you planning to do with them, exploit them for cheap labor while they live in shanties, sleeping on the floor 6-10 to a room?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You don't seem able to take care of them and your downtown reeks of urine and feces. Quite a few of your middleclass have begun relocating here, I meet at least one everyday now. So, the above description is a first hand one from natives. If unskilled economic migrants arrive there in numbers--what are you planning to do with them, exploit them for cheap labor while they live in shanties, sleeping on the floor 6-10 to a room?

Well I'll bet those people didn't move there from Seattle proper but rather from a suburb, thus have little real experience on a day to day basis with Seattle.  Certain alley's in the part of the city where drug deals occur smell of urine.  I never smell feces.  And I'll tell you what, we have a very large population of refugees that came here with no skills in the 80's from Vietnam and they seem to be doing okay.  and if they have to sleep 6-10 to a room while getting their legs under them that's been the story of immigrants and refugees from the beginning of time probably even the one's you're descended from.  I hope you get a **** ton of them where you live to class up the area.

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Thanks for being clear. 

Children brought across the border by parents = just as bad as terrorist. 

What a delightful world you inhabit. 

Oops, no, scratch that last already. 

Children brought across the border by parents are worse than terrorists. 

Nothing more, you've been very clear. 

Thank you for making sure everyone knows what sort of thing you are. 

you said it. you must know better i guess. but you are not that kind of thing, you are a clueless troll, so you do not know better

22 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

well that is what they came for, this is how it already happens for decades  they do not complain

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

you never know, it could be either, in any pic, i live in nyc, it prbly has largest population of illegals cuz there are more jobs here then anywhere, yet i only seen such camps during occupy wall street protests, and it was everything hammerclaw described, and more,  but you are correct those were bums, and addicts. illegals otoh, the ones i see here at least are living in houses\appts,  more of them than dwelling capacity, but still not in tents, they do not wear dirty ripped clothes, they dress pretty nice, if you dig their style. i intend to agree with you on likely inhabitants of such camps,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well I'll bet those people didn't move there from Seattle proper but rather from a suburb, thus have little real experience on a day to day basis with Seattle.  Certain alley's in the part of the city where drug deals occur smell of urine.  I never smell feces.  And I'll tell you what, we have a very large population of refugees that came here with no skills in the 80's from Vietnam and they seem to be doing okay.  and if they have to sleep 6-10 to a room while getting their legs under them that's been the story of immigrants and refugees from the beginning of time probably even the one's you're descended from.  I hope you get a **** ton of them where you live to class up the area.

You must live in a high-rise or gated community. We don't encourage homelessness here, we have vagrancy laws and our public spaces are for legal residents. One of our parks is favored by Hispanics and a great place for authentic food sold by street vendors. It's a University City and multicultural--I work in Oak Ridge, just fifteen miles away. We're very big hearted and open-minded but we won't let our city become a homeless camp. Most of those people mentioned are professionals who found work at the industries grown up around Oak Ridge National Laboratory, quite well-to-do and Seattle natives.

And this was just a couple of days worth of testing as a pilot program:

DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

Some of the migrant families arrested at the southern border weren't actually families.

In a pilot program, approximately 30% of rapid DNA tests of immigrant adults who were suspected of arriving at the southern border with children who weren't theirs revealed the adults were not related to the children, an official involved in the system's temporary rollout who asked to be anonymous in order to speak freely told the Washington Examiner Friday.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement told the adults they would have to take a cheek swab to verify a relationship with a minor, several admitted the child was not related and did not take the DNA test, which was designed by a U.S. company.

The pilot lasted a few days earlier this month and was used only in McAllen, Texas, and El Paso, Texas. ICE said the Department of Homeland Security would look at the results to determine if it will be part of its comprehensive solution to border issues. Homeland Security has not issued a public statement on its intentions going forward.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/dna-tests-reveal-30-of-suspected-fraudulent-migrant-families-were-unrelated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

You must live in a high-rise or gated community. We don't encourage homelessness here, we have vagrancy laws and our public spaces are for legal residents. One of our parks is favored by Hispanics and a great place for authentic food sold by street vendors. It's a University City and multicultural--I work in Oak Ridge, just fifteen miles away. We're very big hearted and open-minded but we won't let our city become a homeless camp. Most of those people mentioned are professionals who found work at the industries grown up around Oak Ridge National Laboratory, quite well-to-do and Seattle natives.

I live in an apartment that we believe was built as a small upscale motel for the 62 worlds fair not a gated community or a high rise condo. The pictures you posted are not in the city just in the city limits. We have plenty of resources for the homeless to access if they choose. People on drugs usually choose not to as they can’t do drugs in shelters. As far as vagrancy laws go what’s the punishment? Work on the chain gang? Tar and feather and ran out of town tied to a rail? Your public spaces are for legal residents? If you have no home then I guess you’re just SOL now and we’ll give you a lift to the edge of town and tell you never return huh? Doubtful.  To compare your 30k population to our 4million is just horse manure, but I’m glad you like it. I’m sure it’s a nice place to live. I feel the same. Have you ever noticed during a Sunday night football game how much more they show scenes of Seattle than most of the other cities? There’s a reason for that and it’s not because it’s a smelly **** hole. It’s because it’s it’s one of the most beautiful, dynamic and interesting cities in the country. That wouldn’t change one bit if refugees end up here. The result would be be hard working people glad to have an opportunity to improve their lives and in a decade a whole bunch of delicious new El Salvadoran restaurants. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I live in an apartment that we believe was built as a small upscale motel for the 62 worlds fair not a gated community or a high rise condo. The pictures you posted are not in the city just in the city limits. We have plenty of resources for the homeless to access if they choose. People on drugs usually choose not to as they can’t do drugs in shelters. As far as vagrancy laws go what’s the punishment? Work on the chain gang? Tar and feather and ran out of town tied to a rail? Your public spaces are for legal residents? If you have no home then I guess you’re just SOL now and we’ll give you a lift to the edge of town and tell you never return huh? Doubtful. 

You won't find any homeless camps in this area, period. Vagrancy laws are enforced, social services rendered where applicable and warm beds and three square meals a day are available in the workhouses and penal farms for those who don't get the message. That's how it is in most places, which is why there's such a concentration in cities like yours. Perhaps we should be more humane and give them all bus tickets to the West Coast.

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You won't find any homeless camps in this area, period. 

I believe you. That’s probably the story in nearly every community in the USA with under 30,000 people. 

Vagrancy laws are enforced, social services rendered where applicable and warm beds and three square meals a day are available in the workhouses and penal farms for those who don't get the message. That's how it is in most places, which is why there's such a concentration in cities like yours. Perhaps we should be more humane and give them all bus tickets to the West Coast.

What a load. You don’t have the issue because you don’t have the numbers. There are 136 times more people in Seattle than in Oakridge. Hell your entire county has less than 75k. You’re comparing testicles to toenails. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I believe you. That’s probably the story in nearly every community in the USA with under 30,000 people. 

What a load. You don’t have the issue because you don’t have the numbers. There are 136 times more people in Seattle than in Oakridge. Hell your entire county has less than 75k. You’re comparing testicles to toenails. 

Ain't my county--I just work there. I'm from Knoxville, but I was referring to East Tennessee as a whole. You got that mess there because you're willing to tolerate it. Most of those people--and there's hundreds of camps--came there from somewhere else. Enjoy.