Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

precognition?

thegreyghost

since i was about 15/16 ive been getting these weird vision things. its always from my point of view and never longer than a few seconds, the event can happen anywhere from a week to several months after the vision. mostly it feels exactly like deja vu except i can remember exactly when and where i was when i saw it the first time round. i used to get about five or six in a year, peaking at the end of 12th grade when i had that many in a three month period, and since then its been radio silence from future me. also spontaneous nosebleeds were a big hit around the vision times until i got my nose cauterised out of sheer annoyance. so basically im here out of curiosity as to whether theres any way to control this thing for something useful. honestly im not sure if i even believe in psychics but i figured what the hell might as well put some research into it.

4 minutes ago, thegreyghost said:

mostly it feels exactly like deja vu except i can remember exactly when and where i was when i saw it the first time round.

https://www.iflscience.com/brain/scientists-finally-explained-deja-vu/

As such, O’Connor believes that these frontal regions probably monitor our memories as they are replayed, looking for errors in their content and becoming activated when they spot an irregularity. As Stefan Köhler from the University of Western Ontario told New Scientist: “There may be some conflict resolution going on in the brain during déjà vu.”

From link.

We do have very limited "precognitive" ability due to our skill of planning ahead and judging probability. If anything a lot of precognition results in a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Perhaps this may give some insight into what was going on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, thegreyghost said:

since i was about 15/16 ive been getting these weird vision things. its always from my point of view and never longer than a few seconds, the event can happen anywhere from a week to several months after the vision. mostly it feels exactly like deja vu except i can remember exactly when and where i was when i saw it the first time round. i used to get about five or six in a year, peaking at the end of 12th grade when i had that many in a three month period, and since then its been radio silence from future me. also spontaneous nosebleeds were a big hit around the vision times until i got my nose cauterised out of sheer annoyance. so basically im here out of curiosity as to whether theres any way to control this thing for something useful. honestly im not sure if i even believe in psychics but i figured what the hell might as well put some research into it.

Re: the nose bleeds.  Do you live in a dry climate 5000 feet or more above sea level?  The nosebleeds are a common thing in the high desert.  If they stopped when you got your nose cauterized I would consider them not linked to your visions or deja vu.   

• Thanks 1