Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie Accounts of Haunted Elevators

rashore

27 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I suppose you would only say “so what” until it happened to you because then you would have your own proof of <whatever> even if you couldn’t put it in a neat little box to carry it around and show others. And what happens if you can’t prove it — does that mean it never happened?  I just file my experience away as, “Huh, that was strange” and find myself not caring whether I can prove it to anyone or whether I’m believed. I don’t even really care I’ve never been able to define it to myself to any satisfaction. It just is what it is.  <shrug>

not so fast what i said "so what" to was going on your suggestion the idea that ghosts in that case cant be seen, heard, felt interacted with etc, meaning by definition a page out of the true believers handbook of reasons to believe "if it happened to you" doesnt apply

you claimed to have seen a lady that you seem convinced could only be a ghost so your own ideas that paranormal is out there we just cant see it etc doesnt apply here, you saw what you deem a ghost.

i asked if cameras caught it or you have others who colabarate the story that was a no,

even if it did happen to me i would feel the same as i do now, it was either a real lady or in my mind, but not paranormal or a ghost.

since you dont care about it i am done.

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

you claimed to have seen a lady that you seem convinced could only be a ghost so your own ideas that paranormal is out there we just cant see it etc doesnt apply here, you saw what you deem a ghost.

You need to reread what I wrote. I never called it a ghost. I’ve gone out of my way NOT to call it anything since I have no idea what it was. I just said sometimes things might be going on we don’t recognize because they don’t fit into expectations.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

You need to reread what I wrote. I never called it a ghost. I’ve gone out of my way NOT to call it anything since I have no idea what it was. I just said sometimes things might be going on we don’t recognize because they don’t fit into expectations.

so you do not lean towards it being anything, you are just as good with it being a real lady or all in your mind as you are thats its paranormal,  i cant respect that.

Can’t? Why? 

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

so you do not lean towards it being anything, you are just as good with it being a real lady or all in your mind as you are thats its paranormal,  i cant respect that.

@acute Reminds me of this song 

2 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

Can’t? Why? 

epic typo...very sorry, i very much do respect that.

22 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

One I saw looked absolutely human and modern. 

This sentence  might have led to some confusion. As I was typing my original post I wrote "one *something*" but decided that wasn't right so I erased the word "something". While I was mulling over what word to use, I posted without further clarification. I never meant to imply I saw a ghost -- just something out of place and unusual and very real in appearance. In another place or time, it wouldn't have even registered as wrong. To this day, many decades later, I only know what I saw, not WHAT it was.  HTH.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 1:57 AM, UnHoLyTrInItY said:

i have to admit if i got stuck on a elevator even a non haunted one i would **** bricks... just saying

You start to get claustrophobic really fast when you realize you're not moving and the door aren't opening.  Almost as bad is when the door opens and the elevator is either higher or lower than the floor. Nope, not falling for that one. I've heard too many of stories of people getting cut in half in the middle of getting out... 

• Like 1