Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

tmcom

I know this can cover a lot of things, but since this section is for impending doom dogma, by Secular Humanists on a bender, that will be the main theme.

So any related products, videos, the sillier the better. I don't personally know had much this pseudo-science has filtered into the retail sector, but that is why this thread is here.

And sure, the entertainment value. Ok, l will start.

So a fake GCI polar bear comes to London, and everyone ignores it, except some kid, well she ignores it as well. But l have to admit that l do feel sympathy,....for the n....nuts that made this.

This person got it! YT comments.

The polar bear isn't disappearing, it's just a front for tree hugging hippies to try and feel important. If you think global warming is really caused by humans, I feel sorry for you.

And we can't leave 5 years olds out.

What do l think of the earth in this video,...l won't answer that but she spelt Travesty, so.

The rest, l guess brainwash them when they are young and you will have a registered voter for life.

This is the tip of the iceberg, lol, so yeah, post what you can find, we need to know and also need a laugh.

B)

Edited by tmcom

So according to this interpretation polar bears are rather pathetic cuddly creatures that we should feel sorry for, moping about on gas station forecourts for some reason and sniffing the exhaust of Volkswagens (really subtle there, Propaganda Ministry :rolleyes: ), whereas if a polar bear did manage to swim all the thousands of miles from the arctic to the Thames, probably the first thing on its mind would be getting something to eat, so people would probably be fleeing in terror and it'd probably be a job for the Tactical Firearms Squad? Why didn't he just get a label tied round his neck saying "Please look after this bear thank you"? It worked for his cousin from deepest Peru. 

And anyway London under threat of 'sinking' as global warming makes sea levels ...  Silly sausage, why didn't he head for the Himalayas?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He should move to mars and keep those alien rocks of yours company.

19 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

He should move to mars and keep those alien rocks of yours company.

This is a sensible suggestion.

@tmcom, Can you please post on one sentence what you’re getting at here. Deciphering BS is slow and dirty work. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So according to this interpretation polar bears are rather pathetic cuddly creatures that we should feel sorry for, moping about on gas station forecourts for some reason and sniffing the exhaust of Volkswagens (really subtle there, Propaganda Ministry :rolleyes: ), whereas if a polar bear did manage to swim all the thousands of miles from the arctic to the Thames, probably the first thing on its mind would be getting something to eat, so people would probably be fleeing in terror and it'd probably be a job for the Tactical Firearms Squad? Why didn't he just get a label tied round his neck saying "Please look after this bear thank you"? It worked for his cousin from deepest Peru. 

And anyway London under threat of 'sinking' as global warming makes sea levels ...  Silly sausage, why didn't he head for the Himalayas?

Unfortunately it gets worse, these nutters have found a starving polar bear on some ice, and of course they filmed it and put a "climate change, boo hoo" sticker on it, never mind the likely fact it just woke up from hibernation or ate a dodgy penguin. And this is fairly distressing, but no deaths take place apart from the cameraman, giving his repent speech.

I feel for the polar bear, but honesty how many wild animals die?

Or die of old age, this is propaganda at its worst.

And here are some of the real reasons. This is moderately distressing.

Dam, and l wanted this to be a fun thread, oh, well.

<_<

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

This is a sensible suggestion.

@tmcom, Can you please post on one sentence what you’re getting at here. Deciphering BS is slow and dirty work. 

I think the idea is highlighting some of the worst propaganda of the Climate Change industry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I think the idea is highlighting some of the worst propaganda of the Climate Change industry

I think the idea is to try and ridicule science based on silly things non scientists have said, and misleading tabloid newspaper headlines, because arguing that the science is wrong "cos it's not fair!" , "it's not in the Bible!" and "some bloke on You tube says it's a lie so it must be"  doesn't seem to be convincing anyone :P 

I suspect this will have as much impact though.

The Earth really isn't hollow, flat, 6,000 years old and expanding, at all :D 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Ok, so far some intelligent comments and plenty of other ones.

And eventhough Gore and the scientific community in 2006 said that we would be screwed in 2016, and were not l am sure that it will end in 2030, or maybe 2040 or 2050?

After all we got that attempt completely wrong, so second is the charm.

But l know that the faithful may be rattled with their potholed theory's, so here is some end is nigh music, song in a foreign language and plenty of negative, evil stuff.

:P

• Thanks 1

Well London should be underwater already.  Quoting the article:

"Sea levels are expected to rise by over 40cm unless global warming is limited to 1.5C above pre-industrial levels, the more ambitious target set by the Paris climate agreement. An analysis released by Christian Aid as nations meet in Korea to finalise a major UN climate change report concerning the 1.5C target looks at some of the coastal cities most at risk."

NASA and the climate experts say the temp has already gone up 1.7C.

Edited by tortugabob
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

"Sea levels are expected to rise by over 40cm unless global warming is limited to 1.5C above pre-industrial levels, the more ambitious target set by the Paris climate agreement. An analysis released by Christian Aid as nations meet in Korea to finalise a major UN climate change report concerning the 1.5C target looks at some of the coastal cities most at risk."

Geesh, we can't have hard evidence here, climate change is real, regardless of the obvious Gore stuffup, and NASA lying about Africa and the hockey stick outright lie, and all of the other 50 years worth of predictions that didn't happen.

After all a guy holding a camera, (polar bear dying one) is far more credible as an expert than all of those other silly experts, that have studied polar bears all of their lives, and have walls of silly bits of paper on their walls with Degree's and Diploma's written on them.

Ok, check this out, now we are in trouble.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/toilet-paper-causes-climate-change/

That hurts!

B)

Edited by tmcom
  • Thanks 1

It's back to corn cobbs.

Edited by tortugabob
  • Haha 1

Now this is what the CCC'ers need, and yes this is actually a real campaign to sign up, more is the pity. And this is graphic, so don't watch before a meal or after, or to children, including the ones that have already been traumatized.....

*snip*

That's ok, no pressure, lol.

40 Countries in 2010, (minus Australia, l guess).

Or maybe we just need a carbon quilt?

Which will show an insignificant amount of CO2, so massaging the figures will be needed.

:o

Edited by Saru
Removed video due to graphic content

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Crazy stuff huh?"

Yes, the mods removed the 10/10 video, which was a fair move, so you will need to google that one, and don't re post it here of course.

But it involved individuals blowing up skeptics, and then asking you to sign up, ironic as that sounds.

:o

23 hours ago, tortugabob said:

You should learn patience.   Antarctica doesn't melt in a day ;) 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, tmcom said:

Ok, so far some intelligent comments and plenty of other ones.

*snip*

Do you consider your comments in this thread the former or latter? Because they’ve definitely fallen into the ‘plenty of other ones’ category in other threads here.

You’re on one end of the spectrum with this stuff. IMHO the reality is somewhere in the middle. 

Climate is changing, which is normal. The magnitude of our involvement in the change is what’s really in question. 

The science behind it is relatively new and easily manipulated by those wishing to push their agenda. A natural cycle of a planet vs our interpretation of our impact on it in our short time is the hard bit. No doubt that we’ve had an impact, but yes there will always be fear mongering and reassurance of non issues by each polarized side.

I believe that we should be more ‘climately aware’ as a species, but as a species we are the cause of plenty of harm in plenty of places. That allows climate change to fall into the back burner of the mind of most who have more pressing individual/local issues to deal with, which they consider more important. 

IMHO, we’ve obviously had an impact and I believe that we need to change our ways. 

• Like 2

RE:  Polar bears.

Some scientists found a piece of driftwood frozen in the ice near the Canadian islands.  They radio-carbon dated it to about 8000 YBP.  So what?

How did that piece of wood get there?  It had to float there.  And that means the Arctic Ocean was open.  No ice.  Polar bears survived that,

There is no reason to think polar bears won't survive the next open-water episode of the Arctic Ocean - they survived the last one.  There will be a lot of starving bears as their numbers drop to the new carrying capacity, but they will make it.

There is one difference, though.  Brown bears are increasingly moving into the Arctic and mating with polar bears.  The result is a particuarly grumpy polar bear X brown bear cross.

I has been nearly tne years since this was discovered and deniers are still bringing it up as a means of demonizing those with legitimate concerns about wildife.  Most denier arguments are more than just a little out-of-date.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 3

I think that what we need is some end is nigh music...

Or maybe not!

I mean honesty who falls for this crap!

Take note of the guy at 1.5?, who looks like a Paster in his congregation.

And Courtez, who is apparently kidding, does it look like she is kidding?

The rest is footage from the Next Day and 2012, and probably die hard, beats me.

What is more distressing is the "don't have children crap" this is Eugenics all over again, where a partially handicapped adult has surgery and the mother condones that the doctors make sure she cannot reproduce, "for the good of the country" her words.

This is human hysteria at its worst, and the ones that are falling for this only have themselves to blame if they buy it.

The nutter l tried to explain the Gore stuffup to which would or should create doubt, elsewhere only produced a "oil companies are behind it" eventhough Gore doesn't like them, and the 900 pr papers obviously don't, remark so it can be ignored, which it can't.

Then he went down the personal attacking road, and the thread was locked.

No, according to this clearly insane one and others over there, no matter what we say or do, the end is nigh, and it is nigh on steriods, so we need to run around more, and apparently attack disbelievers since they are the work of the devil, (or coal) and will hinder the trillion dollar bender to look like it is being fixed, when it is making the hole deeper.

MMGW is a cult with devout believers that cannot be convinced otherwise, and thankfully their power is being reduced, which of course makes them even more demented, and more frantic.

I swear we will be getting to the stage soon where believers will be talking in a way that is hard to figure out, and will need a good exorcism later on.

B)

• Thanks 1

A scientist speaks out and is witchhunted, politicians spout religious type predictions, and say the science is settled, and the nutters go after disbelievers with pitchforks.

Ironic thing about this is cult members saying that oil companies are behind the Gore 2006 - 2016 prediction failure. And apparently the scientific community behind Gore where also dodgy.

Which means that future predictions are also dodgy or made up, unless Gore's predictions are valid, which means all of his valid predictions failure is proof that this is nonsense.

Believers cannot get past this one, checkmate either way!

But since they have to believe it to fuel their ego's, another excuse will be developed.

Maybe Gore got it wrong, and apparently made a mistake over the last 10 years, and the 10k of PRP's that agreed with Gore, all made mistakes, eventhough they were all checked, nope, l would say that believers are sc***ed.

8 hours ago, tmcom said:

I mean honesty who falls for this crap!

YOU fall for the denialist crap.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

YOU fall for the denialist crap.

Doug

True, l want to buy an electric car, just so l can put a "this Car Runs on Coal" bumper sticker on it, to confuse the activists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, tmcom said:

True, l want to buy an electric car, just so l can put a "this Car Runs on Coal" bumper sticker on it, to confuse the activists.

It just might work.

Doug

• Like 1

I would let the US government give me $7,500 to buy an electric car.   If I lived California the state would give me another $4,000. My $94K Tesla Model S 100D (dual motor, not performance) would then only cost me $82.5K. That's cheap to drive the Tesla with the longest range 335 miles.  Now I wouldn't try to drive from Lost Angeles to Phoenix because I would have to stop once to charge the batteries. I just hope the gas station has a clean restroom  because my wait to get a re-fill could be up to  96.7 hours if the voltage was 110V. That's 4 days for all the people who failed math in second grade.  But if I was fortunate enough to hit one of those gas stations with lights above the pumps they might have 220V (like an electric oven would use) and I'd only have to wait 10.72 hours to re-charge my beautiful Tesla.  And if I found one of those fancy charging stations at a super modern gas station it would charge at 440V.  Then I would only have to spend 1.33 hours to get going again. I could use that time buying PowerBall and Mega Million Lottery tickets  because I knew it was my lucky day.  

Edited by tortugabob
  • Haha 2

I wonder if I could run my AC on that trip?  It gets hot out there in the desert, especially with all the man made global warming.

Edited by tortugabob
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked