Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

tmcom

Yep, Mad or stupid, either works.

And this isn't the activists are stupid, unfortunately. This entire doc, has the flat earth, (l love being a flat earther) vibe, running through it, as well as idiot parents brainwashing just as stupid, but more justified children.

DONT ***K WITH THE EARTH, is one slogan at the end of this, premature 2040 onslaught, that stands out.

As is some nutter saying, "it is the bloody psychopaths running our country" yes irony, and more irony.

We have failed you, lol, he only needs to say, "we have failed you, oh lord" and cry a lot and it will be perfect.

And warning there is some wind turbine hugging in this video, well, wind turbine kissing, (yea let's not go there).

Yeah, another flat earth group, but this smoke screen is less obvious.

B)

Edited by tmcom

Pieces of paper,.....oook,....im convinced!

The no,s disappeared, since they couldn't tear down the end is nigh, sure a nutter can spin anything?

Attenboroughs dodgy doc, (oil companies).

BBC going after him, (a very small percentage of their funding is oil companies).

Netflix going after him, (probably oil companies again, eventhough l am sure they are not funded by that).

Waruses falling off the cliff, (having a bad day).

Polar bear numbers increasing, (fake news).

Gore's major stuffup, (oil companies).

The billionare visiting scientists in the artic station, ummm, (he paid them off).

There is an explanation for everything regardless of how p****weak it is.

B)PS definitely a religion, this video reacks of dogma and flimsy to laughable evidence.

4 hours ago, tmcom said:

B)PS definitely a religion, this video reacks of dogma and flimsy to laughable evidence.

Definitely some propaganda in that Nova episode. But I thought the Koch Brothers were big PBS sponsors??! LOL! 

At ~ 55:30 in the program they say "In all a staging 93% of the Heat we are putting into our Atmosphere is getting soaked up by our Oceans."! 

Amazing propaganda there. I'm sure some enlightened woke members here will defend this.

5 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Definitely some propaganda in that Nova episode. But I thought the Koch Brothers were big PBS sponsors??! LOL! 

At ~ 55:30 in the program they say "In all a staging 93% of the Heat we are putting into our Atmosphere is getting soaked up by our Oceans."! 

Amazing propaganda there. I'm sure some enlightened woke members here will defend this.

Yeah, "No one can find a way to tear it down" is my favorite line.

There is also such a thing as a scientist with serious mental health issues, dismissing anything and everything since he has an uncontrollable, unnatural fixation that the end is nigh, and he, (or his ego) will defend this regardless.

A slick video presented by a religious nut pretty much covers it.

B)

17 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

There is a reason they are big sponsors.  It gives them control.

Something will be done about this when those in power wake up in flooded or irradiated home.

Rest is simply ''bread and games''. When time of crisis comes i doubt that world will have time to bother with polar bears because of all the problems which will hit us in the head. That is even more striking than implications of the video.

• Haha 1

The greatest and most respected climate scientist on the planet gives a speech.

Here are some of the highlights.

An Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report released earlier this week forecast doom if coal-fired power is not ended within 32 years, worldwide.

Professor Lindzen said Australia’s political class had gone completely bonkers in their response to climate change alarmism and hadn’t taken the time to actually read and understand the science.

‘I can’t imagine what suicidal instincts reside in Australia’s political class.’

‘In asking me to comment on the Australian response, you are asking the wrong person. You need to speak to someone specializing in abnormal psychology.’

Lol, yes, Labor and the Green party.

An implausible conjecture backed by false evidence and repeated incessantly … is used to promote the overturn of industrial civilization,’ he said in London.

‘What we will be leaving our grandchildren is … a landscape degraded by rusting wind farms and decaying solar panel arrays.’

But this guy is an expert on the subject, so what would he know, lol.

^_^

The end is nigh, don't believe me,...(sob, cry,.....cry some more) here is proof!

See this video shows birds and more birds,.....and 4224, days til the birds get it, (sorry l live in AU, coral reef, etc) or just over 3 years!!!

We need to sacrifice disbelievers immediately, separate cats and dogs, and umm, give De Caprio an OBE, (the Queen is pretty old, so she may slip with the sword).

I have failed you, oh, carbon lord, boo, hoo.

:P

You (and they) don't seem to understand what you're saying.  The 2030 "deadline" is only the end of the "grace period:" the time in which we can still take meaningful action without having to seriously disrupt our lifestyles.  After that, system failures become more common and the cost of taking action goes up, but we still have another two degrees of temperature rise during which we can act.  There is no one "Doomsday."  Only steadily-increasing damage to the ecosystem, that could eventually spell its destruction.

The situation does not call for panic, but it does warrant some serious work.

Doug

• Thanks 1

But wait there's more...

I love the 50 year end is nigh one, and we reach that year and nothing, Gore does the same and nothing 13 years later, might be a pattern there?

They just keep predicting that the snow or glacier will vanish, and it refuses to do so, even with a 50 year prediction.

About the only thing that will happen in 2045 is nothing and another prediction that will fail, while the faithful will keep away from childbearth, (that is a big plus for humanity) and spout the usual.

I need more popcorn.

:lol:

21 hours ago, tmcom said:

But wait there's more...

I love the 50 year end is nigh one, and we reach that year and nothing, Gore does the same and nothing 13 years later, might be a pattern there?

They just keep predicting that the snow or glacier will vanish, and it refuses to do so, even with a 50 year prediction.

About the only thing that will happen in 2045 is nothing and another prediction that will fail, while the faithful will keep away from childbearth, (that is a big plus for humanity) and spout the usual.

I need more popcorn.

:lol:

I thought you might want to use factual information rather than some stuff on U-tube that somebody made up:

Carrara, P. and R, McGimsey.  1981.  The late Neo-glacial histories of the Agassiz and Jackson glaciers, Glacier National Par, Montana.  Arctic and Alpine Research 13(2) 183-196.

This one uses dendrochronology to establish the date when ice last occupied given positions near these two glaciers.

Krimmel R.  2002.  U. S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1386-J. Williams, R. and J. Ferrigno, Eds.  2002.  US Geological Survey, Washington, DC.https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=oinwAAAAMAAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA1329&dq=ice+loss+montana+glaciers&ots=V9s8uTzTdu&sig=aoXqRS2ZK2TjLlRCoF5gmz_Hdo8#v=onepage&q=ice loss montana glaciers&f=false  17 July 2019.

This is one of the USGS' autographs.  It contains more than you ever wanted to know about glacirs in the wetsren US, including a section on Montana.

Goff, P. and D. Butler.  2016.  James Dyson (1948) shrinkage of Sperry and Grinnell glaciers, Glacier National Park, Montana.  Geographical Review 38(1)  95-103.  https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0309133316652820  17 July 2019.

This is a review of James Dyson's (1948) paper on Sperry and Grinnell Glaciers.  It is a landmarl paper, one that anyone studying US glaciers should be aware of.

The snowfall you are looking at is a short-term phenomenon.  In climatology, one does not really care what is happening day-to-day or year-to-year.  It's decade-to-decade or century-to-century that counts.  You are mistaking weather for climate.

Another item of concern is the elevation of Montana's glaciers.  High elevation glaciers in temperate areas are not melting as fast as those at lower elevations, or higher latitudes.  This presents a confusing picture to those who aren't used to looking for such things.  Also note that there is a lot of dirt on these glaciers which insulates them from rapid climate changes.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here is the evidence of the effect CO2 is having on surface temps.  It's written in terms of radiative forcings, so you better get out your physics book or you won't be able to read it.

Feldman, D., W. Collins, P. Gero, M. Torn, E. Miawer and T. Shippert.  2015.  Observational determination of surface radiative forcing by CO2 from 2000 to 2010.  Nature 519,, 339-343.  https://www.nature.com/articles/nature14240  18 July 2019.

This is pretty much the proof that CO2 is the cause of the warming we've seen thus far and that that warming has actually occurred.

Doug

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

This is pretty much the proof that CO2 is the cause of the warming we've seen thus far and that that warming has actually occurred.

What? They say 0.1 - 0.2 w/m2. That is very small, it means any warming we experienced between 2000 and 2010 was almost certainly from some other source (Solar, Natural Variability, ENSO). 0.2 w/m2 would amount to 0.06C, or basically a negligible amount of temperature rise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

What? They say 0.1 - 0.2 w/m2. That is very small, it means any warming we experienced between 2000 and 2010 was almost certainly from some other source (Solar, Natural Variability, ENSO). 0.2 w/m2 would amount to 0.06C, or basically a negligible amount of temperature rise. 

Yeah, l know, put up enough what looks like authoritative papers and links, and the suckers will thank anyone.

I have researched the previous presenter with the dog, and his research is spot on, so l have no reason to doubt his current research.

And the video before that with the biggest expert on the planet, that should show that MMGW is BS, apart from some negligible increase by us, if put on the GW is a HOAX thread should put an end to whether it is or not, but it won;t.

WInd turbine huggers just need to believe in this nonsense, hard evidence won't sway their religious beliefs, nor will a real expert. And at least in my state the madness never ends.

Latest crap is the Melbourne city council is giving metropolitian/city car parking spaces to third party business so people have to car share, and using the "save the planet" label for this crap.

I went to Melbourne some time ago, after the latest tearing up the foot paths for bike lanes crap, and almost tripped on the drop before the bike lane, and almost got hit by a bike going fast, inbetween pestricians, total ....ing mess, and all for forcing cars out, to save something?

Saving how ...ing stupid they are is all l can see.

53 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Latest crap is the Melbourne city council is giving metropolitian/city car parking spaces to third party business so people have to car share, and using the "save the planet" label for this crap.

From their POV you/your children should never own a Car/Truck/SUV. The only entities that should own vehicles are Government/Militaries and Giant Corporations. 

As such your freedom, in general, to move will be regulated. You will abide by their rules if for no other reason than you can no longer move out of their jurisdiction. 

Edited by lost_shaman
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Temperature rise during that time was 0.03 degrees.  Seems to fit, doesn't it?

Doug

9 hours ago, tmcom said:

Yeah, l know, put up enough what looks like authoritative papers and links, and the suckers will thank anyone.

In this case, LS happens to be right.  So you're trying to say he's not?

Doug

3 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

In this case, LS happens to be right.  So you're trying to say he's not?

Doug

It may be right, but a negligible increase doesn't mean, impending doom and frying eggs on car bonnets will become the next craze.

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

It may be right, but a negligible increase doesn't mean, impending doom and frying eggs on car bonnets will become the next craze.

We can already fry eggs on the sidewalks and could since I was in gradeschool.  Car bonnets are even easier.  That's nothing new.  Why don't you come up with something resembling a disaster to panic over?

A 0.03 degree rise is about 2% of total global warming so far.  In the first five years of that decade, temps were trending downard, so it is somewhat remarkable that there was any rise at all.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

Temperature rise during that time was 0.03 degrees.  Seems to fit, doesn't it?

Doug

Look at the records again, it was 0.33 C looking at current GISS GLOBAL Land-Ocean Temperature Index.

12 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Look at the records again, it was 0.33 C looking at current GISS GLOBAL Land-Ocean Temperature Index.

Got the decimal point in the wrong place.

Temp was +0.39 in 2000 and +0.69 in 2010.  That's 0.30C rise in ten years, about the same as the solar cycle.  Still fits.  But that means the rise was about 20% of the total for global warming and that's not exactly insignificant.

Sorry for the screw-up.

Doug

9 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

We can already fry eggs on the sidewalks and could since I was in gradeschool.  Car bonnets are even easier.  That's nothing new.  Why don't you come up with something resembling a disaster to panic over?

A 0.03 degree rise is about 2% of total global warming so far.  In the first five years of that decade, temps were trending downard, so it is somewhat remarkable that there was any rise at all.

Doug

Disaster, no, that is your job, my job is to find the entertainment value, and poke at the ones wearing the End is Nigh, billboards!

^_^

7 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

But that means the rise was about 20% of the total for global warming and that's not exactly insignificant.

It means the warming was five and a half times that which was measured (0.1 - 0.2 W/m2 = 0.03 - 0.06 C) from the down welling LWIR. Here CO2 would have to amount to 1.1 W/m2 to account for the 0.33 C (GISS) rise in temperatures over the decade. The measured LWIR down welling in the CO2 band were simply to small to account for the observed decadal  variation. 

Still more.

I know Youtube so the faithful can ignore all of this on the flimsy bases that anything from YT is fake. And apparently all of the charts are fake and the newspaper snippets, lol.

He may make the demented cringe, but l doubt that he will convince, more is the pity.

B)

Lies and more lies, to give the faithful something to ma,......never mind.

But if you are offended and want to complain?

True, we need more Unicorn type thinking on this?

• Miami's coastline is disappearing, (eventhough it obviously isn't).

• The rich are ignoring this crap, since they know it is crap.

• And the 150 year time difference in coastline images isn't long enough, we need at least 1000?

Evidence like this is really bringing home, what a load of bullocks this hysteria, tipping point, end is nigh, save my children universal, well funded, cult really is.

We can shake our heads or laugh at the faithfuls, mindless parroted hysterics, but what this is doing to our grid and country and planet isn't as funny.

B)

Edited by tmcom

• The topic was locked