Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

tmcom

1 minute ago, tmcom said:

Because AU, has low pressure or no wind blanketing two to three states at a time, for a few days up to a week, a few times a year, so going 50% ren, is a disaster waiting to happen, and when other states phaze down, then it will be.

As for the US closing them down, clearly you havn't thought about it much, or it doesn't work! Or l guess that means BHP, won't invest a billion in your country as it is not investing in ours, since we are f....ing up our grid?

:sleepy:

So, most places in the U.S. that use wind power also have solar farms and together they output electricity cheaper than coal or oil.  You can't just depend on one alternative, they have to work in tandem and I find it hard to believe that you all don't have plenty of acres to create solar farms.  For crying out loud, Boston, Massachusetts has a huge solar power rebate to encourage people to add solar panels to their homes and they only get 100 or so days of full sun a year.

Yep, show the Congressional hearing video, and nothing, no discussion apart from avoidance and b****ing and laughing at it.

And the faithful forget about it, and carry on, or continually ignore the fact that wind/solar doesn't work, in a base-load capacity.

A cult religion where the faithful show their dedication by ignoring all opposition, and carry on with the message.

I never wanted to believe that a culture of mindless sheep where a reality, but it looks like the Oxford, needs to include Sheeple in its pages.

B)

10 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Magnetic repulsion doesn't work, lol, thanks for the laugh.

:lol:

Magnetic/repulsion motors are already being used experimentally to power trains - maglev trains.

Certainly, if you are trying to get electricty out of them, you are doomed to disappointment - with one exception.  If something is forcing the motor to turn, it operates just like a generator, produing electricty.  However, a little thing called friction guarantees that you will never get out as much as you put into them.

Here's an article about them:

https://www.brighthubengineering.com/diy-electronics-devices/48676-how-repulsion-motors-work/

Doug

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Yep, show the Congressional hearing video, and nothing, no discussion apart from avoidance and b****ing and laughing at it.

And the faithful forget about it, and carry on, or continually ignore the fact that wind/solar doesn't work, in a base-load capacity.

A cult religion where the faithful show their dedication by ignoring all opposition, and carry on with the message.

I never wanted to believe that a culture of mindless sheep where a reality, but it looks like the Oxford, needs to include Sheeple in its pages.

B)

Again, address the infrastructure problems, not the method of creating electricity.  You have huge infrastructure problems that have nothing to do with wind or solar power production.  You just seem to like saying the same thing over and over and you have no clue about what technology is actually being used or available or even how it works.  You are the sheep, get some education and investigate the weaknesses of the delivery of electricity to businesses and homes.  That is the problem, why else would no other 1st world country have the same problems your country has.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Because AU, has low pressure or no wind blanketing two to three states at a time, for a few days up to a week, a few times a year, so going 50% ren, is a disaster waiting to happen, and when other states phaze down, then it will be.

As for the US closing them down, clearly you havn't thought about it much, or it doesn't work! Or l guess that means BHP, won't invest a billion in your country as it is not investing in ours, since we are f....ing up our grid?

Wikipedia doesn't agree with you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Australia

Here's another:

http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/energy/resources/other-renewable-energy-resources/wind-energy

Type "australia wind resources" into your search engine.  You will find a lot more.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

Magnetic/repulsion motors are already being used experimentally to power trains - maglev trains.

Certainly, if you are trying to get electricty out of them, you are doomed to disappointment - with one exception.  If something is forcing the motor to turn, it operates just like a generator, produing electricty.  However, a little thing called friction guarantees that you will never get out as much as you put into them.

Here's an article about them:

https://www.brighthubengineering.com/diy-electronics-devices/48676-how-repulsion-motors-work/

Doug

Sorry Doug, your idea of magnetic/repulsion is very different to mine.

B)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tmcom said:

B)

Agreed.

There's a book on magnetic/repulsion published back in 1977.  Nothing much since, so I assume it didn't pan out as a power source.

But I'm talking about maglev propulsion, which is not used to generate electricty.  I think it has great potential, but so far, we aren't seeing it.  Probably because it would take special tracks which would be expensive to build.

Doug

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tmcom said:

B)

Maybe you could explain what you meant ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe you could explain what you meant ?

Only that magnetic force in rare earth magnets, are considerable, and can stay in opposition with only a very small depreciation in force over a year. Or in other words, if somehow utilized, can last considerably longer than  any battery we currently have, (including Nuclear).

B)

10 hours ago, tmcom said:

Only that magnetic force in rare earth magnets, are considerable, and can stay in opposition with only a very small depreciation in force over a year. Or in other words, if somehow utilized, can last considerably longer than  any battery we currently have, (including Nuclear).

B)

Rare earth magnets are used in wind turbines and remain in use for 20 to 30 years.  Magnets are salvaged from decommissioned wind turbines for re-use in new ones.

Doug

• Like 2

Warning, facts and common sense in this video, (love the gambler reference).

B)

39 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Warning, facts and common sense in this video, (love the gambler reference).

B)

Told ya:  tRUMP is a secret supporter of global warming.

Doug

• Haha 1

I know more Greta Thunberg, sorry Thumpberg.

So we can't make up our own facts,....eventhough she does?

You will notice, the 5 odd people in the audience clapping, (won't say a word).

And l am sure she is using crayons for her speech, lol.

Political leaders, etc are starting to talk,....yep, the faithful are preaching "climate emergency", the last hour was the hottest on record, or was that minute?

And are dumb enough to listen to a 15 year old, or should l say the stooge behind her writing her speeches.

She craps on about all of this but NEVER addresses the tens of millions of poor not being able to afford heating. Yeah, chuck the hypocrate with a pensioner on a 10 below night, and see how much she enjoys saving the planet!

Edited by tmcom

Its not the first time I see deniers go after Greta Thunberg and I find it quite funny that people like@tmcom seem to feel threatened by a 15 year old girl. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Its not the first time I see deniers go after Greta Thunberg and I find it quite funny that people like@tmcom seem to feel threatened by a 15 year old girl. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is funny!  And sad.  All they are doing is defending their psuedo science that protects the  oil companies and other big money, allowing those to rape us even worse.  It makes no sense.  Common sense is rare and these deniers have none.  They are programmed, mind numbed zombies repeating what they are told without thinking about it or even researching anything.  No different than the flat earthers in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, it is funny!  And sad.  All they are doing is defending their psuedo science that protects the  oil companies and other big money, allowing those to rape us even worse.  It makes no sense.  Common sense is rare and these deniers have none.  They are programmed, mind numbed zombies repeating what they are told without thinking about it or even researching anything.  No different than the flat earthers in my opinion.

The problem is that they don't understand their own pseudo-science well enough to use it in a defense.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Threatened, lol, no she epitomizes the entire movement. Feel threatened, l guess that means you hang on every work she sputters, no surprizes there.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, yes we are the fools, l guess that the one in the US committee hearing, proving that there is no impending doom, is a fool as well, or oil companies are behind it of course or any and every other reason why, except the obvious.

It is a committee hearing, you know get thrown in prision for lying, under oath! But it still cannot be, psuedo science, flat earthers, blah,blah. At least l don't keep bending, forgettting dismissing and ignoring solid evidence, becuase l have an unattrual fixation on the world ending,.....

45 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

The problem is that they don't understand their own pseudo-science well enough to use it in a defense.

Doug

Oh, yes, aren't we clever, and we understand it , (the science) extremely well, but we are trying to convince individuals with unnatural fixations, that they are wrong.

Which is clearly impossible.

:gun:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Threatened, lol, no she epitomizes the entire movement. Feel threatened, l guess that means you hang on every work she sputters, no surprizes there.

It might surprise you that I have actually never heard any of her speaches. Unlike some people I am not obsessed about the subject.

I know the limitations of my knowledge and thus I prefer to listen to people who actually understand it, rather than make my mind up in advance and then only seek information that validates my preconcieved opinion.

I dont particularly like the people who preaches that we are all gonna die in 10 years, in my opinion they do more harm than good.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It might surprise you that I have actually never heard any of her speaches. Unlike some people I am not obsessed about the subject.

I know the limitations of my knowledge and thus I prefer to listen to people who actually understand it, rather than make my mind up in advance and then only seek information that validates my preconcieved opinion.

I dont particularly like the people who preaches that we are all gonna die in 10 years, in my opinion they do more harm than good.

Extremists always do more harm than good.  I agree that it is crazy to let your 15 year old daughter tour around making speeches about the environment when she should be a school learning science and math so she can understand and maybe find solutions rather than create extreme emotional excitement for both of the extreme ends of the spectrum.  However, denying that we don't have a problem with pollution that needs to be and can be fixed by changing habits is just as stupid and extreme.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Extremists always do more harm than good.  I agree that it is crazy to let your 15 year old daughter tour around making speeches about the environment when she should be a school learning science and math so she can understand and maybe find solutions rather than create extreme emotional excitement for both of the extreme ends of the spectrum.  However, denying that we don't have a problem with pollution that needs to be and can be fixed by changing habits is just as stupid and extreme.

Indeed. We need to solve the problem, not stand in opposite corners shouting at eachother. 

• Like 1

k, let's change tracks/

Seems like a good cause, (and yes pollution is a problem, not some world ending problem thought) but eventhough it takes time to figure out whether this guy is rapping to some background toilet block background music or not, he is or is trying to.

And of course brings in the usual, and goes after FOX, saying some people lost their homes becuase of a flood, which the unicorns, created, (l won't translate).

I am Sorry l watched this! B)

56 minutes ago, tmcom said:

k, let's change tracks/

Seems like a good cause, (and yes pollution is a problem, not some world ending problem thought) but eventhough it takes time to figure out whether this guy is rapping to some background toilet block background music or not, he is or is trying to.

And of course brings in the usual, and goes after FOX, saying some people lost their homes becuase of a flood, which the unicorns, created, (l won't translate).

Then why are you sharing it?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

Did anyone force you to watch it ?

You do know you can leave a Youtube video anytime you want to ?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Then why are you sharing it?????

7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Did anyone force you to watch it ?

You do know you can leave a Youtube video anytime you want to ?

That is a bit like asking, why do people climb Everest, que up at the top, walk over the dead and die themselves?

^_^

22 hours ago, tmcom said:

Oh, yes we are the fools, l guess that the one in the US committee hearing, proving that there is no impending doom, is a fool as well, or oil companies are behind it of course or any and every other reason why, except the obvious.

It is a committee hearing, you know get thrown in prision for lying, under oath! But it still cannot be, psuedo science, flat earthers, blah,blah. At least l don't keep bending, forgettting dismissing and ignoring solid evidence, becuase l have an unattrual fixation on the world ending,.....

Oh, yes, aren't we clever, and we understand it , (the science) extremely well, but we are trying to convince individuals with unnatural fixations, that they are wrong.

Which is clearly impossible.

:gun:

I have actually studied climate change, both in a graduate-level course and in independent research projects, one unpublished and one now in review with a third in the research phase.  I have 30 years' experience in natural resource work, especially forest inventory.  I have actually solved supply-and-demand problems impactinng forests.

Have you actually studied the science behind global warming?

Doug

• Like 1

• The topic was locked