Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

tmcom

I know, expert talking or trying to sing? And everything is caused by climate change, natch.

He spelt "Interesting wrong" nothing more needs to be said, apart from reaching for a bucket.

:sleepy:

100% renewables, sure, constant power blackouts, heavy industry leaving for the US, the death rate mounting in hospitals sounds just peachy.

Yep, the circus just gets more and more stupid.

:gun:

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Yep, the circus just gets more and more stupid.

Yeah, and have you thought of the funniest part?  Even white kids are turning against old white people that run everything.

• Like 1

Said I'd let you know what I'm turning up in my climate study of Oklahoma.

1.  The Palmer Humidity Index correlates with the amount of open water in the Arctic Ocean on a two-month delay.  The correlation is mighty weak, though.  I can't entirely rule out random chance.

2.  Palmer Humitidy Index (PHDI) and Palmer Drought Severity Index (PDSI) both are increasing at an increasing rate.  The PDSI produces a weak signal, but the PHDI is a strong, robust one.  So we proveably have climate change here in Oklahoma and it involves atmospheric humidity.

Next question:  where is that moisture coming from?  Two candidates are rainfall and irrigated cropland (Reservoirs have already been ruled out.).  Answering that question will require two more indices.  Here goes.

Doug

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah, and have you thought of the funniest part?  Even white kids are turning against old white people that run everything.

Well they are trying to, or as they said do the march on Saturday at 9am, and see what happens.

B)

9 hours ago, tmcom said:

Well they are trying to, or as they said do the march on Saturday at 9am, and see what happens.

B)

We need publicity, but I'm not sure this is the kind we want.  I remain fearful that in the rush to "do something" we will do the wrong thing.  Specifically, carbon taxes don't work, but I hear a lot of talk about implementing carbon taxes.  That just takes money away from the citizens without protecting the climate.  We need to engage our brains before taking action and I'll bet the vast majority of those "climate activists" don't have a clue about what to do.

Another example:  those protesters dangling from ropes to shut down the Houston ship canal.  They blocked access by everybody - Exxon, Shell, BP, etc.  Shell has been a pretty reponsible stewart.  It cleans up its sites and takes extra precautions to protect the local environment.  But they got blocked along with Exxon (The Double Cross), BP and Standard Oil.  Nobody is completely guilty or completely innocent.  We need to work WITH producers, not against them.

Doug

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, Doug1o29 said:

Said I'd let you know what I'm turning up in my climate study of Oklahoma.

1.  The Palmer Humidity Index correlates with the amount of open water in the Arctic Ocean on a two-month delay.  The correlation is mighty weak, though.  I can't entirely rule out random chance.

2.  Palmer Humitidy Index (PHDI) and Palmer Drought Severity Index (PDSI) both are increasing at an increasing rate.  The PDSI produces a weak signal, but the PHDI is a strong, robust one.  So we proveably have climate change here in Oklahoma and it involves atmospheric humidity.

Next question:  where is that moisture coming from?  Two candidates are rainfall and irrigated cropland (Reservoirs have already been ruled out.).  Answering that question will require two more indices.  Here goes.

Doug

I just completed a test to see if rainfall is increasing.  It is - at a rate of 1.62% per year.  So rainfall is a very likely source of the increasing humidity.  NOW:  Does rainfall correlate with PHDI?  Also, rainfall increase is significant in all four seasons and annually, but not by month - our hit-and-run thunderstorms are getting into the act.

Ten minutes later:

Pearson's Correlation Coefficient shows no correlation between Precip and humidity.  Rainfall is not the source of the increasing humidity.

Doug

Edited by Doug1o29

2 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

I just completed a test to see if rainfall is increasing.  It is - at a rate of 1.62% per year.  So rainfall is a very likely source of the increasing humidity.  NOW:  Does rainfall correlate with PHDI?  Also, rainfall increase is significant in all four seasons and annually, but not by month - our hit-and-run thunderstorms are getting into the act.

Ten minutes later:

Pearson's Correlation Coefficient shows no correlation between Precip and humidity.  Rainfall is not the source of the increasing humidity.

Doug

3:30 p.m.:  Found some data on irrigated acres by county, but not sure if I'll have enough.  Some counties have missing data.  Data highly variable.

Doug

• Like 1

1934, was the hottest year in the US's history, since records began, this year, isn't the hottest on record, doesn't get anywhere near the 1930's results.

And the 30's drought was world wide.

But just like Greta, some cannot drop the impending doom idea, no matter what.

I am not a professional psychiatrist, although l am adept at using a metal pole.

B)

4 hours ago, tmcom said:

1934, was the hottest year in the US's history, since records began, this year, isn't the hottest on record, doesn't get anywhere near the 1930's results.

I am not a professional psychiatrist, although l am adept at using a metal pole.

B)

I do not have datasets that show world drought.  If you have them, please post a reference.

Doug

4 hours ago, tmcom said:

B)

1936 had the all-tme high US temp (NOT world temp).  2016 was the hottest year on record (world temp).  Climate change is measured using AVERAGE temps, not extreme temps.  High temps and low temps cancel each other out.  Use ALL the data.  Cherry-picking the extremes proves nothing.

Doug

6 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

1936 had the all-tme high US temp (NOT world temp).  2016 was the hottest year on record (world temp).  Climate change is measured using AVERAGE temps, not extreme temps.  High temps and low temps cancel each other out.  Use ALL the data.  Cherry-picking the extremes proves nothing.

Doug

Lol, so that means we supposedly had the hottest year in 2016, worldwide, but high tides and ocean levels show no rise.

:lol:

And the video, which is very difficult to find, or almost at the bottom of the search results, (the t***ds can try to bury their lies), l almost gave up but did a thorough search, all other years are easy to find, but video or images from 2016 is a nightmare, funny that!

2ty2I5E.jpg

This is probably the reason why, no change for the hottest year worldwide, (but l bet unicorn numbers flourished that year, lol).

2015-2016 no sea level change, then l compared 15, 16 and 18, still no change.

Then 16 - 18 then 15 to 16, still no change!

I guess that means Greta and Cortez, and DeCaprio, and Donald Duck, (l just threw that in, but likely) are right and we are headed towards impending doom, and the dog and cat horror scenario, and the vibe, and yes definitely the vibe,

This is a demented cult that is losing what credibility it has left every day, and the faithful can either become crazy and nasty, and panic or wise up, (....finally) and ditch it.

• Haha 1

I've just looked at my temperature records and noticed that at some point yesterday the temperature was exactly 1c lower than  it was at some point on the same day 10 years ago.  Ergo, the world has cooled by 1c in 10 years :w00t:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Essan said:

I've just looked at my temperature records and noticed that at some point yesterday the temperature was exactly 1c lower than  it was at some point on the same day 10 years ago.  Ergo, the world has cooled by 1c in 10 years :w00t:

Or course you did!

And l also, (l know you forget easily) that l also compared 2010, with this year and no change.

I guess that means, that every year in August, when they do this sporting event in the same area, the waterline magically adjusts from its perilous high level to where it was in 2010, and 2011......

Maybe you should go and watch a Tony H, video or better still go to some of the data sites he shows, which shows a small rise up to 1970, then it flatlines in the US after that or present day.

Or you can continue doing what you are doing, it is the Mad, thread after all!

:nw:

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Or course you did!

And l also, (l know you forget easily) that l also compared 2010, with this year and no change.

I guess that means, that every year in August, when they do this sporting event in the same area, the waterline magically adjusts from its perilous high level to where it was in 2010, and 2011......

Also, magically, the tide is at exactly the same position every year, even though everywhere else in the world it will vary considerable from year to year with high and low tides occurring at very different times of the day, and the heights themselves varying (high tide level is rarely the same 2 days running anywhere else)

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Also, magically, the tide is at exactly the same position every year, even though everywhere else in the world it will vary considerable from year to year with high and low tides occurring at very different times of the day, and the heights themselves varying (high tide level is rarely the same 2 days running anywhere else)

Yes, exactly, go to a junk science site and it is all over the place, or they can't keep the lie consistent, (this also includes, landmasses that are sinking)!

But go to Hawaii, (already shown that example) or California or Australia's coastline, and it shows consistent tidel ranges, for almost the last 50 years.

B)

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Yes, exactly, go to a junk science site and it is all over the place, or they can't keep the lie consistent, (this also includes, landmasses that are sinking)!

But go to Hawaii, (already shown that example) or California or Australia's coastline, and it shows consistent tidel ranges, for almost the last 50 years.

B)

You mean high tide is the same height at the same time every day?  :o  

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

You mean high tide is the same height at the same time every day?  :o  

Long Beach shows the watermark showing the hide tide mark, and the ocean levels in my examples show current levels, with no change over 10 or more years. High and low tides not being timed to the second doesn't change the hard visual evidence.

Maybe you should do what others l have endured over the years elsewhere have done, when presented with such evidence, get angry and forget about it.

B)

9 hours ago, tmcom said:

Lol, so that means we supposedly had the hottest year in 2016, worldwide, but high tides and ocean levels show no rise.

:lol:

You almost got that right.  Sea levels are continuing to rise at about 0.01 feet per year.  I have a tape graduated in 0.01-foot units.  They are about the same thickness as two nickels.  You have to open your eyes if you want to see sea level rise.

Doug

Sea level rises are negligible if any, and thankfully Tony covered an AU, coastline, or lsland in Sydney Harbour, which just like my research shows no noticeable increase over 120 years or so.

So no, acceleration of our oceans, rising, and if it rises in one place it rises globally.

Listen to crap on tv, or in a classroom or on a dodgy news station, and you live in fear, and bow down to a 16 year old.

:nw:PS this shows how desperate they are getting now, since they are contradicting their own sea level rises, the end is nigh for junk science.

Edited by tmcom

March, 1878 was the hottest month, worldwide. And 1878 killed off 50 million.

2016, was the year of the most unicorns spotted, nothing more, (ask Greta she can see them).

:P

Edited by tmcom

7 hours ago, tmcom said:

2016, was the year of the most unicorns spotted, nothing more, (ask Greta she can see them).

:P

I see you haven't lost your obsession with a 16 year old Swedish girl. :whistle:

• Haha 2

On 9/27/2019 at 3:19 PM, tmcom said:

And the video, which is very difficult to find, or almost at the bottom of the search results, (the t***ds can try to bury their lies), l almost gave up but did a thorough search, all other years are easy to find, but video or images from 2016 is a nightmare, funny that!

2ty2I5E.jpg

This is probably the reason why, no change for the hottest year worldwide, (but l bet unicorn numbers flourished that year, lol).

2015-2016 no sea level change, then l compared 15, 16 and 18, still no change.

Then 16 - 18 then 15 to 16, still no change!

I guess that means Greta and Cortez, and DeCaprio, and Donald Duck, (l just threw that in, but likely) are right and we are headed towards impending doom, and the dog and cat horror scenario, and the vibe, and yes definitely the vibe,

This is a demented cult that is losing what credibility it has left every day, and the faithful can either become crazy and nasty, and panic or wise up, (....finally) and ditch it.

What sort of change should we expect to see in those photos?

What's the distance from the camera to the watermark?

• The topic was locked