Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

tmcom

On 11/6/2019 at 4:05 AM, tmcom said:

Just to be sure the NY governor is completely mad...

HTyjPKD.jpg

Black and white, 1890, color one this year, or 130 years, which according to Unicorn datasets should show a 40 cm difference,.....l don't see it?

The retaining wall match is spot on as are the elevations, with the sea level being the same and high tide marks being the same, (when compared with high tide marks further up).

I just saw what an expert can do with Photoshop.  You ought to get help with those pictures.  On too many of them the water-levels don't match up and on at least one the photos are taken from slightly different angles.  By adding just the right distortion, you could make that disappear.

Doug

• Thanks 1

CulufpH.jpg

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/micky-mouse-climate-change-scientist/

It seems that the faithful, are getting peeved at themselves and no surprize digging their heels in more, after the Micky Mouse/11k of scientists remark.

Their 30 year cult is looking shaky, but l am sure the faithful as in any fanatic will only become more determined to look like an idiot?

I guess that this gets entertaining from now on, lol.

:lol:

Edited by tmcom
I don't initiate discusions about coastline images to fanatics.

This is the Green New Deal!

These fools and this nonsense, will keep going til it becomes too much of a political hot potato, (note the number of poor suffering on mass or dying).

And Europe after virtually destroying Germany's manufacturing hub, isn't thinking, gee this isn't working,...nope,....they just repackage the crap, and amalgamate.

After all we are in a climate emergency, Micky Mouse and Professor Dumbledore can't be wrong, so brains go out the door and pushing this till the guillotine comes out, or someone ties a rope around these nutcases is all they think about.

More fanatical nutcases that don't think, don't do independent research, and just act.

Notice the BS adverts, more prosperity through becoming a world leader and exporting it, blah, blah, just ignore the odd 100,000 coffins, and less in your paypacket and rising electricity prices, people are wising up, considering that solar/wind investment is stalling globally, politicians should also.

:gun:

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

More fanatical nutcases that don't think, don't do independent research, and just act.

First, take your own advice.  Do some independent research.

Second, why don't you tell us what the Green New Deal actually says and does?

Doug

• Thanks 1

And this is the leader of the greens in our country, being a piece of s****t.

He is shooting himself in the foot and then some,...good, australians on mass will go off of this dimwit for good, or they will lose more seats coming the next election!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 7:40 PM, docyabut2 said:

doug  I wish  America would get over all those  climate changes issues  that  blame man in politics  its not our faught ,  but   climate changes has always existed in the past and of  in our times  of volcano eruptions , really if we ever get a yellow stone  eruption that is over due hits us it a the worst disaster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera

WE are the cause of rising CO2 in the atmosphere and the consequences of that.  So it is our collective "fault."  But "fault" is a poor choice of words.  Most of the damage was done in ignorance, without any clue to what we were doing.  And it's no one group's fault.  We all use electricity, eat food  and drink water, so we are all part of the problem.  And we will all be part of the solution, most willingly, some not so.  Electric companies will (already are) abandon(ing) coal in favor of natural gas and wind.  Wind is cheaper, but not much so.  Perovskites are cheaper than wind.  In the case of power, it is simple economics that will make the difference.  We will need those power companies when we convert to clean energy, so lets not try to blame them for everything.

And true that climate has been changing since forever, but not like this.  Before about 1910, temps drove CO2 outgassing from the oceans.  Now, CO2 outgassing drives temps - we have reversed the process.

Volcanoes could cause us a real problem, but Yellowstone has not erupted in hundreds of thousands of years and is not likely to erupt again any time soon.  Even if it does, the eruption is likely to be a steam eruption, or a small lava flow - nothing to get excited about.  The really big eruptions of our own time have done some damage, but nothing like climate change is doing.  Mount Tambora produced the Year Without a Summer (1816) but did not leave a record in Arkansas tree rings.  Laki-Grimsvotn was gigantic and produced weather effects world wide, but they didn't last longer than about three years.  Even Ilopango, which gave us Fimbul Winter only produced a three-year climate disturbance.  The worst case was Mount Salamas in Iceland which was one of four that collectively triggered the Little Ice Age, but two periods of "cold sun" and a snow-and-ice feedback loop also contributed (probably).

If we get another Yellowstone or Mount Toba, volcanioc winter (climate change writ large) will be our biggest problem.  But anything smaller and the climate change problem will be back in a few years.

Besides:  we can't do anything about volcanoes.  Even if climate change is not our fault, we don't want to suffer its effects when we can stop it cold.

Doug

He is in a wheelchair, and has coordination issues, let's pray he doesn't do a Greta world tour!

Spot on, we need to put the greens back where they used to be, a minority fringe party that no ones takes seriously.

B)

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

He is in a wheelchair, and has coordination issues, let's pray he doesn't do a Greta world tour!

Spot on, we need to put the greens back where they used to be, a minority fringe party that no ones takes seriously.

B)

The California wildfires are mostly ignited by smoking, arson and trash-burning.

The fires are made worse because California is in one of the worst droughts in its history.  California droughts are more frequent, of longer duration and greater intensity than at any time in the past.  That is the result of climate change.  But is THIS fire the result of climate change?  No way to tell.

The fires are more intense because there is a buildup of fuels caused by vegetative growth that has occurred because of past fire suppression activities.

So the California fires occur at the intersection of climate change, past land management practices and human carelessness.  Blame the fires on all of these.

There is a fire-safety practice, called Defensible Space, that is practical on a small scale around buildings.  It is not practical for large areas, like an entire National Forest.  Most people do not apply Defensible Space practices to their property.  A lot of people like it "natural" and think that a managed forest is not natural.  While this may be true, a burned forest IS natural - fire is a part of that ecosystem.  From that viewpoint, a house is just another pile of fuel waiting to be recycled.

It takes a physically strong person to carry out a Defensible Space practice.  The elderly cannot do the work and frequently don't have the money, either, so as a result, they are the most vulnerable (Remember Paradise from the Camp Fire last year?).  The cost of a one-acre treatment is about $2000 these days.  Even then, there is no guarantee that you won't get burned out.

tRUMP likes to blame the fires on not raking up needles.  That can be part of a Defensible Space practice.  But putting such a practice around every house won't protect the adjacent National Forest, which is often just inches away.  And it may not keep fire from spreading from the forest to the house.  So we are going to need to treat at least part of the National Forest.  And that takes money - tax money - your money - my money.  Some can be recovered by logging and selling firewood, but most comes out of the Forest Service budget.

So climate change is already taking money from the Federal treasury.  We are already paying for it.  One of those retardant drops costs over $10,000.  Climate change is expensive.

Doug

Love this guy, and take note of the green's idiot in the wheelchair in our parliament, doing a Greta, (how dare you) speech, (l know that he is in a wheelchair, but he is still a ...wit).

And after this someone prominent in AU, said, on the radio that the greens, and lefties in AU, "has done everything they could to increase fuel loads, or increase dry logs, branches, etc so our fires are more intense" (sig).

But of course they blame the climate, not their half whittled, brainless mentality of protecting native species in logs, til the native species go up in flames, as well as houses, etc.

It is good that intelligent individuals are coming out and going after this f...wits, it will turn the tide quicker, and put these idiots where they belong, in a cave with a candle.

Edited by tmcom

It seems that the Greens, cannot f..... things up enough?

Good, they will be hammered back to 1980's levels, or lose every seat they have after this!

B)

Progress Report 11/13/2019:  The PowerPoint presentation is ready for next week.  Had to make some changes to fix a problem with one of the equations.  The same mistake was repeated in the other papers.  Got those fixed.  The White Paper is printing as I write.  The extended abstract is awaiting its turn.  The Poster is at the printer's.  I've done about everything I can do.  Now, just go present it.  SO:  I won't be on line next week - I'll be at the conference.

In case you missed it:  the paper/poster/presentation is about the problems of area-based research plots that straddle a stand boundary.  They violate two of the four rules of sampling.  The paper is about how to fix them.  This incarnation contains two scare-the-pants-off-you equations.  The final product will contain scores of them.  NOW: to see if I can find some funding.

Data-entry for the Oklahoma climate change project continues.  Nothing new to report there.  Before analysis begins I have to build some rather large datasets, so things are going to take awhile.  So far I know that Oklahoma is getting warmer and wetter.  The extra moisture does not come from the Arctic Ocean, even though it coincides with the loss of Arctic ice cover.  It does not come from our large reservoirs.  Tests still to run include a correlation test for surface temps in the Gulf of Mexico and a correlation test with irrigated fields.  Then I can check to see if eastern red-cedar invasion coincides with changes in humidity.  We already know that lack of fire and lack of large grazing animals is part of the mix.

Doug

6 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Progress Report 11/13/2019:  The PowerPoint presentation is ready for next week.  Had to make some changes to fix a problem with one of the equations.  The same mistake was repeated in the other papers.  Got those fixed.  The White Paper is printing as I write.  The extended abstract is awaiting its turn.  The Poster is at the printer's.  I've done about everything I can do.  Now, just go present it.  SO:  I won't be on line next week - I'll be at the conference.

In case you missed it:  the paper/poster/presentation is about the problems of area-based research plots that straddle a stand boundary.  They violate two of the four rules of sampling.  The paper is about how to fix them.  This incarnation contains two scare-the-pants-off-you equations.  The final product will contain scores of them.  NOW: to see if I can find some funding.

Data-entry for the Oklahoma climate change project continues.  Nothing new to report there.  Before analysis begins I have to build some rather large datasets, so things are going to take awhile.  So far I know that Oklahoma is getting warmer and wetter.  The extra moisture does not come from the Arctic Ocean, even though it coincides with the loss of Arctic ice cover.  It does not come from our large reservoirs.  Tests still to run include a correlation test for surface temps in the Gulf of Mexico and a correlation test with irrigated fields.  Then I can check to see if eastern red-cedar invasion coincides with changes in humidity.  We already know that lack of fire and lack of large grazing animals is part of the mix.

Doug

Finished.  Except for picking up the posters, everything is as ready as I can get it.  The rest of this week will be data entry.  Next week I'll be at the conference and the following week is Thanksgiving.  Only three days that week - probably all of it data entry.

Still waiting for the review on that litter paper.  I'll work on it when they get it back to me, but I really don't care.  I've got lots of more-interesting stuff to do.

So what's coming up for next year?  A formal paper on the Area Correction Method, mostly to show how easy it is to apply.

Probably start working on false rings in eastern red-cedar.  The author of the original false ring paper died last week.  He was 41.  We were planning to collaborate on a new paper.  Have to find out who has his eastern red-cedar collections.  There's another ERC collection, unpublished, that was taken close to 20 years ago by a USFS research forester.  Nobody has ever done anything with it.  Maybe she'll let me borrow it in return for a co-authorship.

I still have a collection of disks from submerged sawlogs that need to be rechecked; there may be a mistake in dates before 1837.  And I still have a bunch of eastern red-cedar disks I could use in a climate study.  And then there's a collection of lodgepole pine disks for a study of western gall-rust rate-of-spread.  That will also produce a lodgepole pine chronology.

And there's also a computer program to analyze crooks, sweeps and defects in standing timber.

Lots to do.  And then, if I take on the slopover problem...  Somebody else will have to finish some of these as I'll be retiring before they get done.

Doug

image.png.896dbb49917fc5f752e07f59729ab8c6.png

Here is a real bright spark!

Up there with Greta, saying that if anyone says that our fires are recurring or natural, you should walk away, (well something like that) since they have no idea.

True, we are not puppets, or brainwashed lemmings?

:sleepy:

Edited by tmcom

5 hours ago, tmcom said:

image.png.896dbb49917fc5f752e07f59729ab8c6.png

Here is a real bright spark!

Up there with Greta, saying that if anyone says that our fires are recurring or natural, you should walk away, (well something like that) since they have no idea.

True, we are not puppets, or brainwashed lemmings?

:sleepy:

About 84% of fires in the US are man-caused:  arson, trash burning, smoking.  I don't call those "natural."

California's fires are made worse by increasing fuel concentrations occurring as a result of past fire control activities.  Fire was controlled to prevent loss of life and property and to provide trees for future lumber and other wood products.  Then the Sierra Club got involved and logging was shut down in many areas.  So now those areas have a lot of unhealthy trees that are subject to fire.  Unforeseen consequences.

California's fire season has grown longer as a result of climate change.  It is now present virtually all year long.

SO:  climate change is part of the problem, but not all of it.

And now you have an idea.

Doug

https://www.geographyrealm.com/causes-wildfires-us/

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

Mad thread,....

Yep, AU is the mental asylum country now, and some can ignore hard evidence and physics, and keep bleating like total ...brains.

I might research Eugenics or the Nazi Youth, to see how this ends?

^_^

It is Xmas time, so l guess l need to give these nutters some leeway. I will send them a lump of Au coal!

This is the Green party in AU, nutters that have their foot in parlaiment, and apparently are doing everything they can to get the boot. Renewables are going gangbusters, lol, coal is, and take note of what she says at the end of the video, "we have had enough, go and live in the dark with pigeons".

Her l like!

And take note of the demented catastrophic sign, l watched the ABC today, (my mistake) and someone at the races, in NSW also said that word, when describing fires in her state, yes AB,D at its best!

Edited by tmcom

Pauline Hanson did have some way-out politicizes in the past, but she is on the money for this one.

The Greens and Labor, bloody idiots, can't argue with that remark.

Bloody idiots are also the ones, that ignore obvious evidence and just keep bleating about lowering CO2, or are fanatics that enjoy it all, which is fine, Flat Earthers are the same, but not if we get caught up in their BS.

^_^

10 hours ago, tmcom said:

It is Xmas time, so l guess l need to give these nutters some leeway. I will send them a lump of Au coal!

There is one word that is wrong on their poster.  The planet will always be sustainable, it is society that needs to change.

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

There is one word that is wrong on their poster.  The planet will always be sustainable, it is society that needs to change.

They do chant, CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE, PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY, which is about the only thing that l would agree with.

That or show a protestor after gluing himself to a train, several images that oceans levels are not rising, and watch him squeal.

I might do that around Xmas time, in Melbourne, or give myself an early Xmas present.

Although this year, l figure that Santa will skip this season, since protestors will be after him for abusing his reindeer, and producing excessive methane, lol.

Yeah, DeCaprio, knew he was full of it!

And others, who walk over the middle class and poor to count their millions.

And this, the Greens keep trying and trying, to make Australians hate their guts, they have my vote.

Maybe they should glue themselves to fire trucks, and stop them from saving someone's house, after all if a house is on fire, that is climate change, or they could be f.....morons, who should glue themselves to trees in the path to an incoming fire, worked for witches.

:gun:PS the chief scientist who is a global warmist has admitted that if AU, went back to the dark ages tomorrow it would make virtually no difference globally, or in other words wind and solar the crap out of AU, Finally an intelligent remark, that might finally sink in to the dimwitted faithful that don't think anymore!

Edited by tmcom

12 hours ago, tmcom said:

They do chant, CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE, PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY, which is about the only thing that l would agree with.

That or show a protestor after gluing himself to a train, several images that oceans levels are not rising, and watch him squeal.

I might do that around Xmas time, in Melbourne, or give myself an early Xmas present.

Although this year, l figure that Santa will skip this season, since protestors will be after him for abusing his reindeer, and producing excessive methane, lol.

I'm glad I am not in your head, it must be a scary place.

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'm glad I am not in your head, it must be a scary place.

More p****d and amused place, since most Aussies have had a gutfull of these nutters.

When a building is on fire,.....nah, that was made in 1974, when we had the coming ice age, lol.

7 minutes ago, tmcom said:

More p****d and amused place, since most Aussies have had a gutfull of these nutters.

When a building is on fire,.....nah, that was made in 1974, when we had the coming ice age, lol.

Does "p***sd" mean the same thing in australia as in england (drunk) or as in the U.S. (angry)?  AND I have seen writing from a lot of Australians who think climate change is real, even one of your politicians commented on in it in relation to the fires.  But I realize you are fixated on the rising sea levels.  Too narrow minded to include anything else, is what it seems.  You say the same thing over and over and over and over.

Edited by Desertrat56

• The topic was locked