Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

tmcom

On 11/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, tortugabob said:

Your link is very inaccurate it cites NASA, but NASA isn't making the claims the link says it is. I have sent the link to NASA, I am certain they will contact that site and correct that problem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The link that tortugabob provide cites are SO-CALLED NASA findings. But while they are using Nasas name the reports are not by NASA. I am sending that link to NASA, they need to know the site is using their name and reporting falsified information.

Here is a link to NASA on the subject covered in post #832

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Lol, sure they hammer the believers,.^_^.... but they are quoting NASA as saying CO2 is greening the planet, only!

The site is using their name in reference, and as for falsified, unlikely, just look at wheat crop, global production, (a real site, not a junk one)!

41 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Lol, sure they hammer the believers,.^_^.... but they are quoting NASA as saying CO2 is greening the planet, only!

The site is using their name in reference, and as for falsified, unlikely, just look at wheat crop, global production, (a real site, not a junk one)!

Jyrki Kauppinen wrote the paper that Mike Adams used for that article. Mr. Adams like you and Bob did not both to review the content in the article. Below is link that states that Non-peer-reviewed manuscript falsely claims natural cloud changes can explain global warming.

Heres a link to the information below.    https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview/non-peer-reviewed-manuscript-falsely-claims-natural-cloud-changes-can-explain-global-warming/

CLAIM
"During the last hundred years the temperature is increased about 0.1°C because of carbon dioxide. The human contribution was about 0.01°C."
VERDICT 
HTag_Incorrect.png
DETAILS
Flawed Reasoning: The authors' argument claims a correlation between cloud cover/relative humidity and global temperature proves that the former caused the latter without investigating whether they have the relationship backwards.

Inadequate support: The source of their claimed global cloud dataset is not given, and no research on their proposed mechanism for climate change is cited.

Fails to provide correct physical explanation: The manuscript incorrectly claims that the rise of atmospheric carbon dioxide is caused by release from ocean waters. It also provides no explanation for the claim that an increase in relative humidity causes global cooling. 
KEY TAKE AWAY
grey_bulb.png
Warming related to human activities is estimated to be around 1°C over the past century. This document claims to overturn decades of scientific findings but provides neither the source of the data it uses nor the physics responsible for the proposed relationship between clouds and global temperature.
Edited by Manwon Lender

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Cat got your tongue, please reply to post #853 or maybe you can't admit you were wrong!:no:

Yes, CO2 is greening the planet.  Because CO2 is making it warmer and changing weather patterns, the tree line is rising ..... 

https://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/russian-birch-trees-are-climbing-mountains-due-to-climate-change/

(if CO2 wasn;t causing warming, this wouldn't be happening ;)  )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Essan said:

Yes, CO2 is greening the planet.  Because CO2 is making it warmer and changing weather patterns, the tree line is rising ..... 

https://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/russian-birch-trees-are-climbing-mountains-due-to-climate-change/

(if CO2 wasn;t causing warming, this wouldn't be happening ;)  )

Great post and very accurate.

Edited by Manwon Lender

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Cat got your tongue, please reply to post #853 or maybe you can't admit you were wrong!:no:

Cat, no, l will admit that it doesn't appear to be a peer-reviewed paper, (l said it was likely) but l still stand by CO2 helping to green the planet, the rest are nutters with an opinion, or the so called facts are from other junk sites, quoting bad science from the IPCC.

Posting big, floury graphics and spamming this thread, does f....all to convince me or anyone, but if it makes you happy?

I also sand by the hard fact that no one can produce one image comparison showing that a 1800's image, doesn't match present day, ocean levels!

E4eNzhT.jpg

This is the IPCC, and NASA chart, which should show a 45cm high or low tide difference, or rise when compared with a typically museum 1850's image.

Sydney, no, Hawaii, likely no, Long Beach, likely, well, no, California, coastline, no, New York, no, and Iceland, odd's on no, since l cannot find a close up image.

Worldwide, no sea level rise, or no hottest years on record, crap, or no global temps are rising!

I guess that means l am wrong, lol.

:gun:

21 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Cat, no, l will admit that it doesn't appear to be a peer-reviewed paper, (l said it was likely) but l still stand by CO2 helping to green the planet, the rest are nutters with an opinion, or the so called facts are from other junk sites, quoting bad science from the IPCC.

Posting big, floury graphics and spamming this thread, does f....all to convince me or anyone, but if it makes you happy?

I also sand by the hard fact that no one can produce one image comparison showing that a 1800's image, doesn't match present day, ocean levels!

E4eNzhT.jpg

This is the IPCC, and NASA chart, which should show a 45cm high or low tide difference, or rise when compared with a typically museum 1850's image.

Sydney, no, Hawaii, likely no, Long Beach, likely, well, no, California, coastline, no, New York, no, and Iceland, odd's on no, since l cannot find a close up image.

Worldwide, no sea level rise, or no hottest years on record, crap, or no global temps are rising!

I guess that means l am wrong, lol.

:gun:

You are not only wrong your an embarrassment to people who try to carry on a constructive conversation. The sad thing is you don't know the difference between fact and fiction, please think about that.

Because the data you just posted also isn't peer reviewed, when will you learn, if this is the best you can do get someone to help you.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You are not only wrong your an embarrassment to people who try to carry on a constructive conversation. The sad thing is you don't know the difference between fact and fiction, please think about that.

Oh, yes, l am wrong, and an embarrassment and lack integrity, and probably dribble my soup.

I am not wrong about my last statement, but since you know that you won't be able to produce one image comparison showing a big jump in sea levels, resort to name calling!

Yeah, integrity!

2 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Oh, yes, l am wrong, and an embarrassment and lack integrity, and probably dribble my soup.

I am not wrong about my last statement, but since you know that you won't be able to produce one image comparison showing a big jump in sea levels, resort to name calling!

Yeah, integrity!

I will not stoop to level, you really need help. Again you post data that isn't Peer reviewed please do research before posting inaccurate data.

Edited by Manwon Lender

Again, keep it civil please folks.

@tmcom I think it would help if you tried to put forward a reasoned argument (or rebuttal to what others are saying) instead of using mocking emoticons, derogatory remarks and dismissing all opposing viewpoints out of hand. The conventional view on global warming is not some fringe theory, it's a well-established position based on thousands of studies; when you are insinuating that you are right and everyone else is wrong, the onus is on you to back up that position.

Calling other people 'nutters' and leaving laughing emotes on their posts does absolutely nothing to convince anyone else that your arguments have merit.

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

Yeah, integrity!

We don't do that because we do not measure changes in sea levels by comparing photos taken at different times, with different tides, different weather and under different atmospheric pressure.  We use things like tidal gauges, satellite altimetry and GPS.  And, as you know, they show exactly the opposite of what you claim.  All over the world.

https://www.science.org.au/curious/earth-environment/how-we-measure-global-sea-level-changes-0

• Thanks 2

I believe l have to restate this, this thread is about a Mad World, (as in the movie) not really about in-depth discussions or technicals, like gases, the "Climate Change is a Hoax" thread on the bottom of the second page results is for a discussion, and "The Climate Change -  The Physical Bases" is more for technicals.

This thread is primarly about a laugh, and finding the craziest things available, usually on YT, although some events can also quality.

Thankyou.

PS nice try Doug!

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Essan said:

We don't do that because we do not measure changes in sea levels by comparing photos taken at different times, with different tides, different weather and under different atmospheric pressure.  We use things like tidal gauges, satellite altimetry and GPS.  And, as you know, they show exactly the opposite of what you claim.  All over the world.

https://www.science.org.au/curious/earth-environment/how-we-measure-global-sea-level-changes-0

So you are saying that the IPCC, NASA chart l showed before is wrong, (can't be 3mm rise a year)!

B)

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, tmcom said:

So you are saying that the IPCC, NASA chart l showed before is wrong, (can't be 3mm rise a year)!

B)

All data below is provided by NOCC.

Global mean sea level has risen about 8–9 inches (21–24 centimeters) since 1880, with about a third of that coming in just the last two and a half decades. The rising water level is mostly due to a combination of meltwater from glaciers and ice sheets and thermal expansion of seawater as it warms. In 2018, global mean sea level was 3.2 inches (8.1 centimeters) above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present)

The global mean water level in the ocean rose by 0.14 inches (3.6 millimeters) per year from 2006–2015, which was 2.5 times the average rate of 0.06 inches (1.4 millimeters) per year throughout most of the twentieth century. By the end of the century, global mean sea level is likely to rise at least one foot (0.3 meters) above 2000 levels, even if greenhouse gas emissions follow a relatively low pathway in coming decades.

In some ocean basins, sea level rise has been as much as 6-8 inches (15-20 centimeters) since the start of the satellite record. Regional differences exist because of natural variability in the strength of winds and ocean currents, which influence how much and where the deeper layers of the ocean store heat.

Past and future sea level rise at specific locations on land may be more or less than the global average due to local factors: ground settling, upstream flood control, erosion, regional ocean currents, and whether the land is still rebounding from the compressive weight of Ice Age glaciers. In the United States, the fastest rates of sea level rise are occurring in the Gulf of Mexico from the mouth of the Mississippi westward, followed by the mid-Atlantic. Only in Alaska and a few places in the Pacific Northwest are sea levels falling, though that trend will reverse under high greenhouse gas emission pathways.

In some ocean basins, sea level rise has been as much as 6-8 inches (15-20 centimeters) since the start of the satellite record in 1993.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-sea-level

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, tmcom said:

I believe l have to restate this, this thread is about a Mad World, (as in the movie) not really about in-depth discussions or technicals, like gases, the "Climate Change is a Hoax" thread on the bottom of the second page results is for a discussion, and "The Climate Change -  The Physical Bases" is more for technicals.

This thread is primarly about a laugh, and finding the craziest things available, usually on YT, although some events can also quality.

Thankyou.

PS nice try Doug!

If this thread is about having a laugh, why are you attacking everyone who disagrees with you. Lighten up and treat people with a different opinion like they are still allowed to have opinion. Then maybe they will also respect yours.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, tmcom said:

This is what global warming looks like in Colorado!

Not sure what all of that white stuff is, or the stuff that looks like cement, (lake)?

The song, pretty much explains it all, as does the screenshots at the end.

The more the evidence builds,.....but at least the entertainment value is there.

B)

The city is Longmont, Colorado.  You can tell from the shot with the mountains in the background.  Those bare slabs of rock are the Flatirons near Boulder.  Also, one shot shows the Diagonal Highway Intersection on the southwest side of town.

There is barely a foot of snow in the pix.  When I lived in Longmont (1987) I shoveled over 30 inches out of my driveway one weekend.  On April 14-15, 1921, Silver Lake, about five miles southwest of Ward, Colorado and in the same county as Boulder and Longmont got 87 inches of snow.  You have successfully proven that snowfalls in Longmont are declining.

You forgot to post images of the Australian heat wave:  https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/16/australia/australia-heat-wave-warnings-intl/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heat_waves#2019

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/25/688755024/australias-heatwave-is-taking-a-toll-on-people-animals-infrastructure-and-land

Average those in with Colorado's temps and what do you get?  This is about GLOBAL warming, not just weather in one place.

What are the consequences of Australia's heat waves?  Here's an article on koalas:  https://takvera.blogspot.com/2019/01/north-queensland-extreme-heatwave.html

North Queensland has recently had temperatures running up to 16 degrees C above normal.  The result is that except for zoos and animal parks, koalas have been exterpated in many areas (exterpated:  believed to be locally extinct).

That is the risk of climate change:  we may accidentally exterminate a species critical for our own survival.

Doug

P.S.:  the evidence of global warming is everywhere you look. All you have to do is open your eyes.  tmcom need only look out his window to see the heat wave (and global warming) in action.  Willful ignorance is not an option.

On the subject of extreme weather in the Colorado Front Range, you forgot to mention the Big Thompson Flood of 1976 and the Jamestown Flood of 2013.  In between times, that area has had a number of large fires due primarily to high temps and drought.  I was a Tractor Boss on the Black Tiger Fire (Google it.) and the Sugarloaf Fire.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1

To be fair, some more images of Australia's heatwave here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7745021/Total-whiteout-Perisher-snow-covers-ski-fields-despite-lifts-closing-three-weeks-ago.html

(but only a real april fool would argue that that means Australia, or the world, as a whole, isn't having a record warm year)

I see it's also been their driest spring on record - and here in England it's been one of the wettest autumns: Extremes everywhere one way or the other!   The world's gone mad .... ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2019 at 6:28 AM, tmcom said:

Thankyou.

PS nice try Doug!

I find your warped concepts of science entertaining, but in need of correction.  You don't get a free pass.

Doug

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Essan said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7745021/Total-whiteout-Perisher-snow-covers-ski-fields-despite-lifts-closing-three-weeks-ago.html

(but only a real april fool would argue that that means Australia, or the world, as a whole, isn't having a record warm year)

I see it's also been their driest spring on record - and here in England it's been one of the wettest autumns: Extremes everywhere one way or the other!   The world's gone mad .... ;) 

2019 will go down as either the second or third warmest year on record.

We are talking about a few hundredths of a degree.  You need good world-wide records to calculate that.

One of the indicators of climate change is increasing variance in climate metrics.  Higher highs and lower lows.  Greater rainfalls and longer droughts. Etc.

"We only get 15 inches of rain a year, but you oughta be here the day we get it."

Doug

On 11/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, tmcom said:

This is what global warming looks like in Colorado!

Not sure what all of that white stuff is, or the stuff that looks like cement, (lake)?

The song, pretty much explains it all, as does the screenshots at the end.

The more the evidence builds,.....but at least the entertainment value is there.

B)

Here's another one:

Image may contain: people sitting, table, tree and outdoor

It was taken in north Boulder (about 10 miles from where your pix were taken) last week.  It's one of my Friend's back yard.  That's pretty much normal snowfall for this time of year in that area.

Doug

10 hours ago, Essan said:

And our first day of summer was the coldest in a century. And our pre - summer so far has been a phizzer, or we are getting a mild winter, instead of hot days, (like we used to).

Adding to the US, having harsher winters, and an eary winter, going by Colorado videos, or the planet is cooling. :rolleyes:

And l am going to Gold Plate the Ignore Button!

^_^

27 minutes ago, tmcom said:

And our first day of summer was the coldest in a century. And our pre - summer so far has been a phizzer, or we are getting a mild winter, instead of hot days, (like we used to).

Adding to the US, having harsher winters, and an eary winter, going by Colorado videos, or the planet is cooling. :rolleyes:

And l am going to Gold Plate the Ignore Button!

^_^

Come on we are all authorised to have an opinion, time will tell the truth, I hope your Right and I am wrong.

• The topic was locked