Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very weird elf-like creature captured on video

UM-Bot

not even good cgi, i guess her FB needed more hits to placate her need for attention...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It’s obviously Dobi.

• Haha 3

It's so totally fake but fun anyway. I did a John Mulaney..is that Dobby the elf??? It was highly enjoyable.

• Like 3

Who's that Pokemon???

It's a GCI! :D

But I like how it at first looks like it's dancing a jig or something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Who's that Pokemon???

It's a GCI! :D

But I like how it at first looks like it's dancing a jig or something.

the way he walks at the end i believe he needs some ointment.

• Haha 4

She put her kids up to this?

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

the way he walks at the end i believe he needs some ointment.

"Dobbi has been to a pride party, Harry Potter. Oh it was so amazing, Dobbi wants to tell all about it, but first Dobbi needs to soothe Dobbi's behind.."

"Dobbi, I've graduated Hogwarts 20 years ago, please stop drunk texting me at 4 am in the morning."

• Haha 3

"The other two cameras didn't pick it up for some reason."

The CGI budget wouldn't stretch that far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Looks like he had a couple good pulls (or puffs)before heading out.

Either that or he's shat himself.

• Haha 6

Probably CGI. I know of (and know personally) lots of people who do stuff like this in art/film school. I focus more on static art, but I did some stop-motion back in college, and even have a short demo reel myself. You need a demo reel if you want a job in that field, after all. Most also post their demo reels on YouTube,etc. either as 'proof' of aliens for fun, or as just their demo reel, and others download, re-edit, and upload as 'proof' of aliens.

It's not CGI. It's a skinny naked (or nearly naked) kid with a shirt on his head acting the fool with something on his feet. You can see the shadow of the screen door he comes out of (and hear it), he comes out of the house, prances around the driveway, probably on a dare. Whoever posted it knows exactly who the kid is, it's probably hers. Found her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/vivian.gomez.35977?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARCNLCcx_otwklNlimXUg83JZao8LpuNH2cLRa4TwUP_ohdfJ_lcsBLzVrGTZmJgeOELeWT-lszVfJuI&hc_ref=ARROH4pulQ6GqZjblwaGtUWyBcqVpOMHzfAnv9etAbk0U2dXw-n7KeNFo-FIQEkiKe0&fref=nf

Sure enough, look who shows up with her in most all her pics. A skinny little goofy kid.

It's typical kid nonsense. The only mystery here is how people find this a "mystery".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Very weird elf-like creature captured on video

MM

you might be right however it has a cgi feel to me and if thats a child its proportions are odd to say the least.

• Like 1

It is a good job, even has reflection in the windows of the car that look right, which leans me toward it being real - as in a kid or something for all it looks odd. Could it have been a kid then got doctored to thin it up more? 

Whatever it was, it came out of the house, judging by the shadow of what seems like a closing screen door to me. Good CGI would skip that and just run him down the drive without the door I'd think. I kinda agree with MM because of these thoughts, but am no expert.

What say you @ChrLzs ?

im just not seeing human with especially the pelvis, hip, legs like that, not saying its not, there are some messed up looking kids out there.

if its kid and its coming out the door then the mom is pulling the hoax, well either way its a hoax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It is a good job, even has reflection in the windows of the car that look right, which leans me toward it being real - as in a kid or something for all it looks odd. Could it have been a kid then got doctored to thin it up more? 

Whatever it was, it came out of the house, judging by the shadow of what seems like a closing screen door to me. Good CGI would skip that and just run him down the drive without the door I'd think. I kinda agree with MM because of these thoughts, but am no expert.

What say you @ChrLzs ?

I say ... I'm at work right now and don't have time for more than a fleeting glance... :D  My initial unsciency impression is that if it's cgi, it's quite well conceived and implemented... but it could just be a skinny kid muckin about awkwardly.  I'll take a closer look a bit later and get back to you..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

im just not seeing human with especially the pelvis, hip, legs like that, not saying its not, there are some messed up looking kids out there.

if its kid and its coming out the door then the mom is pulling the hoax, well either way its a hoax.

I totally see what you mean and almost agree, but there is no getting around the screen door effect, the many cars (and headlights) driving by, nor her FB reaction (silence) in the post and since. Tell me what you would be saying if you saw this on your security cam. Plus comments from her (amused and calm) friends about how it is up to over 3mill views....

I am aware of airbrushing and seeing a ton of weird hoaxes re ghostie pics and such and will see what ChrLzs thinks as he is an expert. I am just not sure if it is CGI or a mix of effects to make it and maybe we will learn some new tricks from his opinion soon :)  It might even be helped by angle. idk. 

Of course, maybe she does have ET elves running in and out her door and just didn't recognize this one :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I totally see what you mean and almost agree, but there is no getting around the screen door effect, the many cars (and headlights) driving by, nor her FB reaction (silence) in the post and since. Tell me what you would be saying if you saw this on your security cam. Plus comments from her (amused and calm) friends about how it is up to over 3mill views....

I am aware of airbrushing and seeing a ton of weird hoaxes re ghostie pics and such and will see what ChrLzs thinks as he is an expert. I am just not sure if it is CGI or a mix of effects to make it and maybe we will learn some new tricks from his opinion soon :)  It might even be helped by angle. idk. 

Of course, maybe she does have ET elves running in and out her door and just didn't recognize this one :D 

to avoid confusion if i was at all subtle before i fully believe its a fake hoax, nothing otherwordly, paranormal, etc.

i also get a cgi "feel" which of course i could be wrong.

i get the it coming out the door part leads some to say its there being filmed which it very well could be,

my hang up is like i said, the walk, lower limbs etc do not look human to me, but they sure could be someone a bit "special" mtself as a person who has had a basically lifelong interest in sideshows a few human skeletons were more less built like that but they were adults, if this is a kid and i have all respects to charles and what he says i would have to see the kid to 100% believe it and i think thats fair.

edit:

i just watched it over and over and the walk near the front of the car the part that really bugs me the legs have a string at the knee puppet feel, it ends there too at the end of the roof etc

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

Yeah I did think puppet or even robot to try to explain it for myself. I don't see anything overhead though and that puzzles me. I even tried to think of that way films can make colors disappear and leave what is intended behind or even overlay it on another background. Maybe they used a puppet then overlaid it on this somehow?

This is fake, yeah, just how it was done is the teaser... maybe it is done in two steps with some CGI to enhance it.... idk. It's a nice job though.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A woman on Facebook recently posted CCTV footage of an utterly bizarre creature walking down her driveway.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/328390/very-weird-elf-like-creature-captured-on-video

I suspect that it is a card board cut out. It has definition, except for shape everything else shows contours, except for the object of this discussion. It is definitely fake, and in my opinion not even a good fake.

not even a good fake.

right :tu:

i jump to cgi, but no, i doubt this is "just" cgi if at all now,

but the way it starts and ends is horrible to me, the "suspect" as you call it doesnt look "right"

who ever made it could have done a bit better edit and had a many times better end result,

and yeah, my interest is how it was done, and it wouldnt surprise me if the subject is low end,