Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very weird elf-like creature captured on video

UM-Bot

The way its legs moved, my first thought was that it was a puppet of some sort

• Like 2

It's a child in some sort of latex suit. 

I'd love to know why the video abruptly ends when it does. 

• Confused 1

This is a child wearing underwear and a t-shirt or something on its head.
You see the door open in video so obvious the child has come from the house containing cctv and is just goofing around.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

This is....disturbing....

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, RoofGardener said:

i dont think its a child, at least wont be sold til i see the actor with the odd proportions,

it starts oddly too,

my guess why it ends as it does, thats where the car port ends, the roof runs out,

the hoaxer will have a great laugh on some.

You goofballs I know who this is and it's not a elf or ET or anything like that I know exactly who it is.
It's Robert Mueller leaving the building after his News Briefing a couple of weeks ago and then he dissappeared.

i read the person who made this video has a child in FB pics i do not FB anyone compare the childs build to the video subject?

• Like 1

OK, I took a bit of a closer look.  While I'm not 100% on this, I'm going for CGI.  I'd prefer to hang back on explaining what I spotted.... let's give it a week or so to see if the person who presented it is willing to engage (they haven't answered any questions, afaics), or post the full video (why does it end there?), or post a better resolution version (is their CCTV really that crappy - why don't people upgrade? - HD is cheap these days..), or explain in detail what the camera system is and what lighting is in use...  Plus there's that alleged (now deleted?) Facebook page - what gives with that?

If anyone has any further info on this, please let us know, but it looks a bit like a failed attempt at virality.

The quality is so poor I can't be sure - it could just be a gawky kid, but I don't think so - I did notice something that doesn't add up - all I'll say for now is that it's to do with angles...  I'll pop back later to elaborate, but if the YT owner isn't willing to engage then it may as well be fake and the less time we waste on it, the better..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

OK, I took a bit of a closer look.  While I'm not 100% on this, I'm going for CGI.  I'd prefer to hang back on explaining what I spotted.... let's give it a week or so to see if the person who presented it is willing to engage (they haven't answered any questions, afaics), or post the full video (why does it end there?), or post a better resolution version (is their CCTV really that crappy - why don't people upgrade? - HD is cheap these days..), or explain in detail what the camera system is and what lighting is in use...  Plus there's that alleged (now deleted?) Facebook page - what gives with that?

If anyone has any further info on this, please let us know, but it looks a bit like a failed attempt at virality.

The quality is so poor I can't be sure - it could just be a gawky kid, but I don't think so - I did notice something that doesn't add up - all I'll say for now is that it's to do with angles...  I'll pop back later to elaborate, but if the YT owner isn't willing to engage then it may as well be fake and the less time we waste on it, the better..

want to wait to be sure you are correct? i do that sometimes and like you have have seen clues i havent mentioned...time wilk tell.

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Plus there's that alleged (now deleted?) Facebook page - what gives with that?

idk about deleted FB, I just went to the page again and it is exactly as I saw it the other day. Here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/o15x81

you see the glee over the hits and reports it is on Instagram (which the originator is not on she says here). The one kid in pictures seems to be about to her mid chest so I will guess may be 3ft? IDK her height. A poster mentions a daughter and that this looks like her heading for Red Lobster. None are seeming to at all think it is actually odd.

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

idk about deleted FB, I just went to the page again and it is exactly as I saw it the other day. Here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/o15x81

I tried the link that Moonman posted on page 1, and that went to a "link may be broken or page has been removed" message.

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

you see the glee over the hits and reports it is on Instagram (which the originator is not on she says here). The one kid in pictures seems to be about to her mid chest so I will guess may be 3ft? IDK her height. A poster mentions a daughter and that this looks like her heading for Red Lobster. None are seeming to at all think it is actually odd.

The kid does seem to be a candidate - looks skinny and obviously likes to wear hats.  For any Facebook enthusiasts (I don't use it) out there, I would be asking her:

- join UM, or at least respond to the Youtube comments...

- show us some footage of other people in similar conditions...

My question about the length of the footage has sorta been answered - she says that it has a ten-second duration after sensing movement.  Yes, there are some ludicrously useless security systems that work like that.... EXCEPT that if there is still movement in frame (and there obviously was) it should have done another 10 sec clip, and so on until no movement existed..

I have more questions / requests, but sadly I doubt those basic ones will get answered, as they ride their little bit of fame.

BTW, the version shown here, especially the crops, seem to be of much better quality than the youtube link:

https://www.insideedition.com/did-family-just-catch-dobby-house-elf-home-security-footage-video-analyst-weighs-53560

that is better, and pony tails seem to be visible to me. I don't think it is CGI just trashy security cameras after watching this last one.

• Like 2

FTR, for those unfamiliar with 'Night Vision' or IR cams.. they work on a different part of the EM spectrum, only partly recording visible light but also recording heat... so you will often see that people (body heat) are very light colored or blown-out white.  Same with any lights, esp red ones eg the truck's tailights.  So the 'thing's glowing appearance is not unusual, being that it would be emitting body heat *and* is also illuminated by a nearby light plus the camera's built-in IR light...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The little stance at the end is funny, it need some courses !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 1

Does this remind anyone else of the Hopkinsville Goblins? Likely fake but is it possible that these are related species if it's not fake?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, plants_in_skulls said:

Does this remind anyone else of the Hopkinsville Goblins? Likely fake but is it possible that these are related species if it's not fake?

no, not really and i have researched Hopskinville which like this was most likely a big hoax.

btw, the alleged hopskinville goblins reportly looked and moved very differently to this case.

• Like 1

Just now, the13bats said:

no, not really and i have researched Hopskinville which like this was most likely a big hoax.

btw, the alleged hopskinville goblins reportly looked and moved very differently to this case.

very possibly, I just notice that they both have long ears, spindly limbs, and short statures, but I agree that it's more likely to be a hoax.

On 11/06/2019 at 4:24 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

I kinda agree with MM because of these thoughts, but am no expert.

no you are not.... i've used the same animation file from <carnegie mellon university mocap bvh> myself.......

most definitely CGI= not open for debate in my opinion;)

1 hour ago, plants_in_skulls said:

very possibly, I just notice that they both have long ears, spindly limbs, and short statures, but I agree that it's more likely to be a hoax.

please dont take me as being short or snide hopskinville is a favorate of mine, and me saying "hoax" is painting a broad case with a pinstripe brush, while i dont believe the folks involved encounter aliens or anything otherworldly, u believe there was a stimulus this is a great example of something running wild in peoples minds, the stories never added up or matched what very little evidence there was, and perhaps one or two of the people did hoax or played the others.

the bigger unexplained mystery here is why this dobby elf one hasnt been explained and debunked by now,  and yes, i believe its a hoax.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, Dejarma said:

no you are not.... i've used the same animation file from <carnegie mellon university mocap bvh> myself.......

most definitely CGI= not open for debate in my opinion;)

It's not CGI, it's a kid with a shirt on his head. You can even see the shirt unravel and fall down at the very end. There's absolutely nothing about it that points to CGI or anything in it that a weird kid couldn't pull off.

Why anyone would think anyone would waste time doing this on a computer is beyond me, especially considering the source.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moonman said:

It's not CGI, it's a kid with a shirt on his head. You can even see the shirt unravel and fall down at the very end. There's absolutely nothing about it that points to CGI or anything in it that a weird kid couldn't pull off.

Why anyone would think anyone would waste time doing this on a computer is beyond me, especially considering the source.

you very well could be correct, and i do believe its prosaic, not an elf nothing paranormal etc but at last i heard over 80m hits no one that i know of has compared her kid or any kid to this videos subject and proved it then and there,

my wife cares little anout this stuff when it came out i showed her she said puppet then showed her again days later and she said skinny kid,

i just dont see human proportions especially at the front of the car, im i the only one that it looks weird to? so it could be cgi or a puppet or a kid but until its proven one might as well claim its really an elf as of now its still unproven and just opinion, i do hope someone debunks it soon.

20 hours ago, the13bats said:

you very well could be correct, and i do believe its prosaic, not an elf nothing paranormal etc but at last i heard over 80m hits no one that i know of has compared her kid or any kid to this videos subject and proved it then and there,

my wife cares little anout this stuff when it came out i showed her she said puppet then showed her again days later and she said skinny kid,

i just dont see human proportions especially at the front of the car, im i the only one that it looks weird to? so it could be cgi or a puppet or a kid but until its proven one might as well claim its really an elf as of now its still unproven and just opinion, i do hope someone debunks it soon.

Still It's one of the best video of a ''creature''  that i have seen lately, hoax or cgi. It look weird and got some credible movement.  Interesting video and quite funny to. 

Way better than a picture of a cropped shade in some leafs that someone see after looking back at some old photo...

Edited by Jon the frog

30 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Still It's one of the best video of a ''creature''  that i have seen lately, hoax or cgi. It look weird and got some credible movement.  Interesting video and quite funny to. 

Way better than a picture of a cropped shade in some leafs that someone see after looking back at some old photo...

you know in some ways yeah its great but in others to me its really bad, the start and end is so poorly done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

you know in some ways yeah its great but in others to me its really bad, the start and end is so poorly done.

Probably it can teleport ... lol

• Haha 1