Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Necklace comes off by its self

brynn_

11 minutes ago, Naristone said:

Neat.I'm always down for an explanation!

Well, i do not claim my discoveries explain all pendants that fall off clasped necklaces however it seems a reoccurring occurrence and i just do not subscribe its paranormal and i was OCD about it just sitting in my unexplained folder.

In the world of illusion and magic tricks most people just do not know the clever stuff or gimmicks out there, my dad was a navy plane tech and machinists and was floored at some gimmicks i showed him,

Point is i see why some might think a pebdant falling from a chain is paranormal.

Thanks for returning, Naristone - that's a rarity!

Earlier I suggested the 'split ring' explanation, where very fine splits/joins may not be obvious until the chain or ring is stressed in a particular way.  It would take a long while and a lot of effort for a jeweller to check every single chain link, as each link would have to be carefully examined while it is pulled at different angles.  And of course to do that sort of test may result in the chain breaking and/or being slightly weakened and thus increase the problem!

In summary, there's no real way to be 100% positive the chain isn't at fault somehow.

• Thanks 1