Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video shows giant hailstones pelting Germany

UM-Bot

Some years ago a friend of mine bought a used car damaged by hail. It was a small Renault Idontknow, fully equipped A/C, navigation, automatic gearbox and so on. The standard used price for the 2 year old car with a mileage of ca.15kkm was at 13K€, he got it for 3350€ including a 1 year OEM guaranty. Ok, it looks like a golf ball but thats the cheapest option to buy a car thats technically 100% ok and will do its job for at least 10 years.

• Like 1

That happens in New Mexico about once every few years.
I recall a July in Albuquerque (I think it was 2002) when it was especially intense. The hail actually accumulated, and for an hour or so, it looked like it had snowed. In July. My whole neighborhood was covered, the trees were shredded, cars were covered in micro-dents, and an eerie mist rose over the scene as it all melted/evaporated in the summer heat. On the upside, it did go from about 90 F down to about 65 F in a few minutes, lol.

Although I know it is extremely dangerous I find this kind of extreme weather utterly fascinating.
Probably because where I live in the UK the weather is very mundane...