Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glowing balls

Pink sand

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to

Have a camera at night at home, which reacts on lights.. I would like to film light balls, they are visiting me at night. 

Motion-sensing infrared cameras are available but are expensive.

Try searching 'Wildlife camera'

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Casa Concha said:

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to

Have a camera at night at home, which reacts on lights.. I would like to film light balls, they are visiting me at night. 

If you use a camera with film you can photograph them.  I am not sure if they show up on a cell phone or digital camera but I have lots of photos of white orbs that were not visible to the naked eye.

And if anyone wants to claim my photos are artifacts go ahead, but why bother?  It won't get a response or change my mind.

Edited by Desertrat56

@desertrat56

Thanks. The problem is that those balls are visiting me when I sleep, around 02.30.. Sometimes I just wake up, and I belive that the reason why I wake up, is because I have visitors. When I see them they quickly dissappear. The Inca people says, when we leave or body we will be a glowing ball, big like a golf ball. 

45 minutes ago, acute said:

They wouldn't need to be infrared if these are visible lights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

They are actually ambient light night vision (green field) which is something else but they would work to a extent. If the light is too bright all you would have is a white screen. 

If these lights are inside, you can get indoor IR CCTV.

The OP said "at night", so an infrared camera is needed, unless he/she sleeps with the lights on.

1 hour ago, Casa Concha said:

@desertrat56

Thanks. The problem is that those balls are visiting me when I sleep, around 02.30.. Sometimes I just wake up, and I belive that the reason why I wake up, is because I have visitors. When I see them they quickly dissappear. The Inca people says, when we leave or body we will be a glowing ball, big like a golf ball. 

Well, maybe you don't need to photograph them.  Maybe you just need to ask in your dreams why they visit.  Is it something you feel the need to prove to someone else?

• Like 1

It hurts.

• Thanks 1

Glowing balls sounds interesting. 

27 minutes ago, acute said:

The OP said "at night", so an infrared camera is needed, unless he/she sleeps with the lights on.

So my torch doesn't work at night?  You need to read their post again.

IR is not needed to see lights at night.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

@desertrat56  

"Well, maybe you don't need to photograph them.  Maybe you just need to ask in your dreams why they visit.  Is it something you feel the need to prove to someone else?"

Oh yes I want to film it. I logged in to this site to check if anybody else had done the same...To me it would be a nice thing to have this on film. I ask sometimes before I go to sleep, but then I often see some pictures of Djungle, a dark sky with palmtrees and other plants.. or a white wall in a room with some plants on it...

42 minutes ago, acute said:

"Infrared" only sees heat. "Night vision" uses ambient light. Game cams are only "night vision". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, acute said:

Night vision. Not Infrared. Different thing entirely. 

Maybe a simple Nannycam...I don't know. It would be fine if I could find a cabera wich react the light, because in this way I don't have to film ththe whole night...

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

"Infrared" only sees heat. "Night vision" uses ambient light. Game cams are only "night vision". 

Some CCTV have IR sensors though.  But even a regular motion camera will still detect visible light in the dark.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

Some CCTV have IR sensors though.  But even a regular motion camera will still detect visible light in the dark.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Night vision. Not Infrared. Different thing entirely. 

Not entirely. Night/heat vision devices most often detect IR, although some of them also detect UV.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

Really costly ones. 

Cool trick. flash your torch in somebody's gen 3 nightvision googles.  @Iilaa'mpuul'xem  use to go full "trunk monkey" and toss them a mile. :yes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Not entirely. Night/heat vision devices most often detect IR, although some of them also detect UV.

Not my game cams and not my googles. Just low light. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Not my game cams and not my googles. Just low light. 

Your what? :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Really costly ones. 

Cool trick. flash your torch in somebody's gen 3 nightvision googles.  @Iilaa'mpuul'xem  use to go full "trunk monkey" and toss them a mile. :yes:

If we're just talking about indoors I got a Wi-Fi CCTV for about $200-300 AUS that had IR/night vision.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Oh that is very expensive.... I better get all information before i Buy such camera. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impedancer said:

Glowing balls sounds interesting. 

Not really. That x-ray I got lit me up in a bad way.

• The topic was locked