Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Leonardo da Vinci painting mystery solved

UM-Bot

I wonder how many Christians are just so angry that some super-rich non-Christians have the most expensive Jesus painting.
Personally, I don't care who 'owns' it, as long as it's on display in a museum. I'd prefer a museum in Europe, I'll admit...But still, a museum is a museum. Get it off that damn yacht. Let the Louvre in Paris borrow it until its permanent home is ready. 

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 3

I can't believe someone would keep a treasure like that on boat.  Those have to be kept in a controlled environment.  :no:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I can't believe someone would keep a treasure like that on boat.  Those have to be kept in a controlled environment.  :no:

Super yachts are incredibly controlled environments, I'd guess, lol.

I get what you're saying though. That's one reason why I think it should be lent to another museum while it waits for its display space to be built.

• Like 1

I've read the supporting materials that the reference article by Kenny Schachter is based on.  Very sensationalized and murky.  Additionally, the one person whose opinion on these assertions is vital to the story, Martin Kemp of Oxford, is glaringly missing from all the attendant citations.  Until we actually see the painting, I for one am skeptical of claims such as these, which are illusory and have been raised before.

Edited by The Wistman
  • Thanks 1

Saudi Arabia? And what do they want with a portait of a christian ?

They have far too much money, the quicker we get all electric cars the better.

• Like 1

We don't have a clue what Jesus looked like so whomever that painting is? It isn't Jesus Christ. For one thing Jesus was a first century Jew, a man of Semitic descent, probably with black curly hair, bronze skin, short, and definitely not European looking. https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/8spvuz/this_is_what_has_been_depicted_for_jesus_to/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 7:25 AM, freetoroam said:

Saudi Arabia? And what do they want with a portait of a christian ?

They have far too much money, the quicker we get all electric cars the better.

Most mentioned person in the Quran?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Most mentioned person in the Quran?

He is also called a muslim. 

He was also said to have  establish peace on earth.

The painting is called "The saviour of the World" how wrong and messed up are these religions,  Out of 10?  =  20.

If Jesus could see what he 'did not' save because of the hatred, conflicts and murders between the religions, I reckon he would be an agnostic without even bothering questioning  if there were a god,  as the answer is an obvious no. 

Edited by freetoroam

... getting tired of those jokes...  and jokers... 

~