Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does personality or looks matter most?

pallidin

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Just concerned, as relationships can be difficult to establish, but often rewarding beyond even one's own expectations.

Women are incredibly precious, and for us as males should be sought after as a life-partner.

You CAN do it. There are countless women whom would love to be with you. Find them.

I am already in a love relationship with science. Very fulfilling. And it never freaks me out or gets pregnant.

But thanks for the concern :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I am already in a love relationship with science. Very fulfilling. And it never freaks me out or gets pregnant.

But thanks for the concern :tu:

Trust me, there are many, many women whom would find you attractive.

Did you ever stop to think that there IS a precious woman out there, which appreciates your intelligence and would love to share special comfort with YOU?

And that YOU will in turn make her feel comfortable?

Don't write yourself off, dear friend.

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Trust me, there are many, many women whom would find you attractive.

Did you ever stop to think that there IS a precious woman out there, which appreciates your intelligence and would love to share special comfort with YOU?

And that YOU will in turn make her feel comfortable?

Don't write yourself off, dear friend.

I met the mother of my kids when I was 16. She was nice, but not stunning, and I didn't feel awkward. I relaxed with her.

After 15 years on/off relationship and three kids, she turned into another person. Cruel and unreliable. So we split for good in 2011.

After that I have no need for female company anymore. I like my own.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

I've seen some arguments on both sides... also realizing that a "healthy mix" sometimes beats any extreme.

But WHAT, exactly, are we attracted to?

Maybe it's just so individualized that there is no hard answer.

Your thoughts?

Watching Love Island, seems that looks means everything, not spotting any real personalities, all very fake. Maybe their real personalities will come through after they get the initial getting to know each other - under the sheets out the way.

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I met the mother of my kids when I was 16. She was nice, but not stunning, and I didn't feel awkward. I relaxed with her.

After 15 years on/off relationship and three kids, she turned into another person. Cruel and unreliable. So we split for good in 2011.

After that I have no need for female company anymore. I like my own.

I fully understand. There are some psycho relationships out-there, which obviously tends one to hesitate getting into another.

Not all women, or men, are like that.

I also understand your desire to be alone given your trauma.

But let me tell you this... there are many men and women whom do NOT cause constant relationship grief.

Do not be permanently jaded due to your past, because then the past controls you.

If I may further offer this tune for comfort...

There is probably a beast hidden deep inside all of us men.  I was in the office one day and suddenly fell in love with a colleague which lasted about half an our until I came to my senses.  It first started off as a physical attraction, her face, her hair, style of clothes, and her soft voice.  She was the absolute personification of female beauty, but she was married with kids, and her husband worked in the office right beside ours.  I suddenly thought of her as the love of my life, and I wanted to challenge her husband and take his place.  It was like a bizarre instinctive reaction and it felt like the right thing to do (don't ask me why - just instinctive), and I did not seem to care what she thought or wanted at all.  It was something that needed to be sorted out between the men.  During that week I was prepared to marry, love and protect her, give her every possession I owned, willing to kill for her, and die for her.  Then after a week or so I just came to my senses.

Anyone else experience a brief love spell that turned you into a powerless pawns of love.

Edited by Aaron2016

This is my love song. My ode to perfection. Just replace "Lord" with "knowledge"!

• Like 1

Now, back on subject, "kissing" seems to be not only extremely pleasurable, but also a "close scent-transfer", likely due our nose being intimately close to the other persons mouth and their gastrointestinal vapors/phenoromes.

Something happens within us to tell us... "OK, go ahead with procreation efforts", or, NOT.

Of course, nothing's perfect in Nature, and those efforts can be welcome, or, abrupt and completely unwanted.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm just surprised that science doesn't freak you out, at least once in a while.

2 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I'm just surprised that science doesn't freak you out, at least once in a while.

It did once. But only that one time. When I realized that everything could actually be a simulation.
Tried hard to debunk it, but failed miserably.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And people think I'm weird...

Not incorrectly.  Sci-nerd just has another distinctive flavor of weirdness.  Both are delightful in their own was, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Coil said:

Once I met a girl in the subway she was of incredible beauty and it seemed to me that if she had come to any beauty contest she would have won without a doubt any of them. Timeless, out of fashion, out of era, the highest natural beauty.

Once I met a girl in an aikido dojo.  I helped was one who her practice for her black belt test. She twisted me in knots bare handed, was superb with jo staff and had impeccable form with a boken.   There is a great deal of beauty in humility, confidence, and mastery that is not tied physical form.

• Like 3

For me its looks, smell, and if I like both to the pub for a drink.

If her personality is too annoying or stressful then its `I need to go to the toilet` where upon I vanish.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Not incorrectly.  Sci-nerd just has another distinctive flavor of weirdness.  Both are delightful in their own was, 

I would like to add, if it's not too much, that I have a whole universe + math to prove my points!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coil said:

Once I met a girl in the subway she was of incredible beauty and it seemed to me that if she had come to any beauty contest she would have won without a doubt any of them. Timeless, out of fashion, out of era, the highest natural beauty.

I didn't meet, but once saw, a woman of similar description on a bus.  As I listened to her conversation I learned that her husband was blind.  It made me so sad.

• Like 2

I would have to say personality.   Once I get to know someone, then they become attractive to me.  It's hard for me to see anyone as unattractive, unless they have a horrible personality.   I find a sense of humor, intelligence very attractive.   

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 4

I can appreciate beauty and have no desire to possess it and I can appreciate personality without engaging it, but what I appreciate the most is getting paid on time for services rendered.

jmccr8

• Haha 4

After 42 yrs of marriage, I still love my wife because of who she is....we have fun together and she often makes me laugh... Luckily, she has always been rather pretty too!  Just a pleasant sweet face.

I've always been a sucker for physical beauty though ..my wife will even point out a beauty to me if i happen to miss her. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing a person born blind would not be all that swayed by someone who's personality was lacking.

• Like 2

I  believe it's like yin & yang there has to be some sort of balance between the many combinations that make us attractive,  Looks is important yes!  but not as important as personality. nothing make women as attractive as alcohol and closing time i guess it's all in the eye of the beer holder. ;-)

Edited by Impedancer
  • Haha 2

If you see a well-made, beautiful cake with cream, your desire increase and you love to taste it.
Once you tasted, you'd decide if you want to try it again another time or not.

If you see and ugly cake, you'd think "ew, I don't think it's good to eat". But if for some reason, you want to try, be adventurous or forced, and find it "wow, I will definitely eat this again".

Relate?

1 hour ago, FlyingAngel said:

If you see a well-made, beautiful cake with cream, your desire increase and you love to taste it.
Once you tasted, you'd decide if you want to try it again another time or not. Cupcakes

If you see and ugly cake, you'd think "ew, I don't think it's good to eat". But if for some reason, you want to try, be adventurous or forced, and find it "wow, I will definitely eat this again". Muffins

Relate?

cupcakes_and_muffins_post_cards-r9aef3b3

• Like 2