Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazing painting. Artist born deaf and blind

029b10

Born with detached retina's from birth, and losing his ability to hear by the age of two, Jory Amarah at only 22 years of age paints this amazing image of the sunset that some are questioning whether he actually painted it or not.  When questioned about his painting, Jory refused to answer.  However, the artist later issued a press release saying that he has written an article for Rolling Stoners Magazine that without a doubt will quite his critics.

Critics claim they don't understand why anyone would  believe he actually painted it.  Personally I think the fact the guy is deaf proves he couldn't have painted it.  But I guess we will have to wait and see what he has to say in his upcoming article.

Image result for acrylic sunset painting

• Like 3

Is he just registered blind but still has some sight?  I don’t think anyone who has never seen a sunset/sunrise at all could paint this.  Some of the great painters changed their style as they developed cataracts or slow loss of sight as they aged but they had seen the world in detail for most of their lives and could work from memory where necessary.

• Like 4

i dont have details on him however to paint that he would have had to have seen it first,

i dont care what he tells RS.

edit: im not the most savvy on net searches but why is this thread the only google hit his name has for me?

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

He might not be totally blind www.umkelloggeye.org%2Fconditions-treatments%2Fdetached-retina-retinal-detachment

Bats has a good point, though. I just tried "Jory Amarah blind painter" and got nothing but this thread on duckduckgo also. Even if misspelled I should have gotten something if it caused enough discussion for RS to do an article.

58 minutes ago, 029b10 said:

Personally I think the fact the guy is deaf proves he couldn't have painted it. 

Hearing has zero to do with one's ability to see or paint. 

the more i think about it i doubt its really a RS type story.

• Like 1

The supposed artist doesn't seem to exist. A reverse image search turns up plenty of images of this painting.
This is a hoax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice painting. On this website it says it's a tutorial, but for some reason it won't link to the actual painting.

Ocean Sunset Painting Close X Ocean Sunset Painting Tutorial

http://marcusredden.com/images/

However it's here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ocean+Sunset+Painting+Close+X+Ocean+Sunset+Painting+Tutorial&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiP2cLL9ePiAhWo0eAKHQcFDVcQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1092&bih=906#imgrc=iIsWyjN0Wob2sM:

I can't find anything on Jory Amarah other than this thread. 

@029b10 Where did you get your information from in your OP? Can you post a source link please.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 5:32 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The supposed artist doesn't seem to exist. A reverse image search turns up plenty of images of this painting.

This is a hoax.

Of course a believer would claim it is a hoax based solely upon their belief. 

He had a blog on christiandoctrinediscussion.com however I wouldn't be surprised if you claim that website never existed before either.  But if you had read what he wrote then you might understand why the powers that be might have wanted to eliminated any evidence of his existence on the internet.

So in your reverse image search did you locate any data regarding who the artist responsible for the painting?  If he wasn't the artist who painted the painting then pray tell, who is the artist of the painting?  If you can't name the artist then that would seem to indicate that the only hoax would be your claim that it is a hoax. 

What next, are you going to suggest that the Helen Keller story was a hoax because she learned to read and write being blind and deaf?  Or was it a hoax that is true simply because you believe it to be true.  

On 6/12/2019 at 3:40 AM, 029b10 said:

Personally I think the fact the guy is deaf proves he couldn't have painted it. 

Since a person who is blind could be told what colors to use and what location the colors were located on his paint palate if able to hear, yet being unable to hear there would be no way to communicate such information to the person, even in braille, based upon the facts given in the article.   

On 6/12/2019 at 4:39 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

Hearing has zero to do with one's ability to see or paint. 

It does if the person is deaf.  How did I hear what you said about hearing having zero to do with one's ability to see, you did say that right? 

Edited by 029b10

On 6/12/2019 at 7:09 AM, Still Waters said:

Nice painting. On this website it says it's a tutorial, but for some reason it won't link to the actual painting.

However it's here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ocean+Sunset+Painting+Close+X+Ocean+Sunset+Painting+Tutorial&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiP2cLL9ePiAhWo0eAKHQcFDVcQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1092&bih=906#imgrc=iIsWyjN0Wob2sM:

I can't find anything on Jory Amarah other than this thread. 

@029b10 Where did you get your information from in your OP? Can you post a source link please.

christiandoctrinediscussion.com 

• Haha 1

You seem to be wishing to argue with everyone. My link clearly states he may have some degree of sight with detached retinas and still be legally blind. His deafness is not a factor if he can see to some limited degree. So, I do not see why he could NOT have painted it. It is a nice painting.

But, given that for some reason the entire internet says zero about him, we may never know. You infer he is somehow so controversial that he is wiped from the entire net, which covers everyone, even serial killers. Worldwide, nobody wants his very name to turn up.

OK.

Go fuss at someone else and have fun :) . Life is too short.

35 minutes ago, 029b10 said:

Dead end.

This site can’t be reached

www.christiandoctrinediscussion.com’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

@029b10, since you’re the only source for this information; there’s not much we can determine

Having said that, one critical part of it would be how impaired the person actually is: So do you know any specifics on this apparent artist?

For reference: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deafblindness

Edit: Is green your favorite colour? Or something else?

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 1

On 22/6/2019 at 7:06 AM, 029b10 said:

Do you have an actual link?

I think you know that our BS detectors have been maxed out. Care to try settling them down with some sweet sweet evidence?

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, 029b10 said:

He had a blog on christiandoctrinediscussion.com however I wouldn't be surprised if you claim that website never existed before either.  But if you had read what he wrote then you might understand why the powers that be might have wanted to eliminated any evidence of his existence on the internet.

Haha.  christiandelusiondiscussion.com more like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked