Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist, ghouls, or invisible???

Jeanette R

My families experiences over the last 4 years is something you wouldn't believe if it didn't happen to you! It started out seeming to look like someone was setting things up on my Google accounts to be involved in things I'm not. It still seems someone wants me gone. But since this ordeal started a lot more has happened. Things started disappearing, and may or may not reappear later in some strange place. We saw shadow people and strange writing on the ceilings, walls, and floors, it even seemed someone or several someone's were trying to communicate with us. They would write on blankets messages for help, lots of hands reaching out to us with the word Help! SOS. We were even given some messages to Get Out! Pictures of animals started showing up as well as demonlike creatures and faces. Even on our bath towels. We started seeing orbs and colored lights, sometimes transparent looking creatures. And about 3 years ago my boyfriend started getting sprayed with some sort of mist that now gives him daily headaches. It has become a constant thing, whether he is at home or not. I told him I thought it was paranormal in nature, but he is sceptical. These things do things to push our buttons, it is obvious they want to cause as much friction between us as possible. There is constant tension between us, arguments where there used to be none, because things show up on my phone which makes it look like I am involved with someone else or in some conspiracy against him. He says he hears me talking to these things we cannot see, but I am not. I am unable to tell when they are here, but he sees them in reflections and shadows. He smells odors that I don't always smell when they are near. I also hear voices tormenting me, mostly sounds like him. I have read other people's stories and watched videos and some things are similar. But even though I have googled about the spraying I can find nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

• Like 1

If you could proved some photos of these writings it would be greatly appreciated. A video of these events, etc.  The odor thing might be a gas leak of some kind, is the house old? New? Has it been thoroughly checked for water damage/black mold. Is this a house or an apartment complex? 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Jeanette R said:

things show up on my phone which makes it look like I am involved with someone else or in some conspiracy against him.

Hi and welcome.

This should be easy enough to show us, can you provide a photo?

Were they messages?

37 minutes ago, Jeanette R said:

It has become a constant thing, whether he is at home or not. I told him I thought it was paranormal in nature, but he is sceptical. 

Has he seen these writings and other strange phenomena. Is he skeptical that anything at all paranormal is going on? 

Welcome to UM Jeanette :st Please, take time to check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

Whatever you have going on, it's for sure not ghouls. Within folklore, those are sort of undead/bespelled/cryptid critters with a habit of being around burial places and snacking on or using dead humans. Not noted for doing anything like what you are describing. Not saying I think you have other spooky going on or not, just ghouls aren't the right folklore to fit this scenario.

If you would be so kind, a lot more detail and some photos would be good to provide.

• Like 3

This rule applies to all invisible or partly visible "entities". It always works!

No fear - no fun!

If you stop fearing "them", they will stop. You are no fun, if you're not scared.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jeanette R said:

My families experiences over the last 4 years is something you wouldn't believe if it didn't happen to you! It started out seeming to look like someone was setting things up on my Google accounts to be involved in things I'm not. It still seems someone wants me gone. But since this ordeal started a lot more has happened. Things started disappearing, and may or may not reappear later in some strange place. We saw shadow people and strange writing on the ceilings, walls, and floors, it even seemed someone or several someone's were trying to communicate with us. They would write on blankets messages for help, lots of hands reaching out to us with the word Help! SOS. We were even given some messages to Get Out! Pictures of animals started showing up as well as demonlike creatures and faces. Even on our bath towels. We started seeing orbs and colored lights, sometimes transparent looking creatures. And about 3 years ago my boyfriend started getting sprayed with some sort of mist that now gives him daily headaches. It has become a constant thing, whether he is at home or not. I told him I thought it was paranormal in nature, but he is sceptical. These things do things to push our buttons, it is obvious they want to cause as much friction between us as possible. There is constant tension between us, arguments where there used to be none, because things show up on my phone which makes it look like I am involved with someone else or in some conspiracy against him. He says he hears me talking to these things we cannot see, but I am not. I am unable to tell when they are here, but he sees them in reflections and shadows. He smells odors that I don't always smell when they are near. I also hear voices tormenting me, mostly sounds like him. I have read other people's stories and watched videos and some things are similar. But even though I have googled about the spraying I can find nothing about it. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

Mine started in 2012. 

I was in the pub and got slapped across the face and felt something grabbing my arm but nothing was there. About a week later I was in the bath and got slapped across the face but nothing was there. 

Then it put in a full visual appearance when two of us were there and we both saw it. It was a 3 foot high dark shadowy figure like it was made out of some dark transparent energy. It was wearing a hooded robe, I couldn't see its face, but did see its eyes and they were made out of the same dark transparent energy. It freaked me and that other person out.

Then I was asleep dreaming about camping in the winter up in the Swiz mountains and it put in an appearance. It attacked me in my tent and I woke up after feeling being kicked in the head (not in the dream but here). Since then there has been no physical violence but it watches me.

When I am focused watching a film and I become aware of it I notice the dark shadow moving across the room quickly. I have also (about 10 times) started waking up in the morning to feel something get up off the end of my bed like it had been sat there watching me. It has tried running its finger nails across my headboard to get my attention, and a variety of other attention seeking actions.

It happens a lot when I am stressed and I think it is about how I deal with it. Stress feelings come out of our subconscious and bubble up into our consciousness. So I just let stress occur and ignore my subconscious. I just let it do what it wants to do with no resistance and no attempt to pay any attention to it.

And it sounds daft but I think the dark shadowy being is my subconscious. Because I ignore it when it wants me to sort out whatever is making stressed it is desperately trying to get my attention. Everything is my subconscious trying to get me to acknowledge it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jeanette R said:

Some of what you describe could be attibuted to a gas leak, but some of it is confusing to me.  Are you linking the Google events with the other things?  And are the pictures and words you describe physical or what?  LIke pictures showing up on your bath towels and blankets, are they actual pictures on paper hat be someone putting them there?

• Like 1

@Jeanette R the stuff showing up on your phone and the google issue sounds like someone gas lighting you.  Who has your passwords to be able to mess with your phone and your accounts?

• Like 2

I agree with DesertRat. You really have to assume physical causes and rule those out before you obscure them by wondering over paranormal causes. Either someone is doing this to you or else you are doing them, consciously or not. Odds are over 50% it is someone close in enough to know the issues they are causing to you, perhaps even someone you confide in about it.

For those here who MAY be wrestling with shadow selves or aren't sure, here is decent article about what it is and how one can work with it. I did this for a long time before I found out that Carl Jung (who I viewed as a whack job tbh) had also done work with the shadow self and THAT body of his work is brilliant imo and changed my life. This article is ok (I don't like the one pop-up to add you to his mailing list but I am odd that way) and is a good intro to what it is to work with your own shadow self to heal and rise above it.

https://www.unstoppablerise.com/shadow-work-on-shadow-self/

• Thanks 2