Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ogopogo sighting on video

Commander CMG

A south Okanagan man is convinced he’s captured the most conclusive piece of evidence yet of the legendary and elusive lake monster in the Okanagan known as the Ogopogo.

Jim La Rocque was enjoying his mother-in-law’s lakefront property with his two children in Kaleden, B.C. on June 1 when he says he noticed an inexplicable wake on Skaha Lake.

Source

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A south Okanagan man is convinced he’s captured the most conclusive piece of evidence yet of the legendary and elusive lake monster in the Okanagan waves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I feel there is a good chance he saw a cryptid but the video is disappointing. Their eyewitness testimony is the stronger evidence to me and it combines with other's claims.

Papameter: 60% Cryptid       40%: Mistaken or Hoax

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I feel there is a good chance he saw a cryptid but the video is disappointing. Their eyewitness testimony is the stronger evidence to me and it combines with other's claims.

Papameter: 60% Cryptid       40%: Mistaken or Hoax

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable 

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=eyewitness+testimony+unreliable&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Videos and claims like this gives cryptid seekers a bad name. Why they didn't just laugh this guy off and shelve this "story" is beyond me. How is anyone this desperate for clicks?

• Like 2

What I found curious about this is, the "object/s"  had several humps that never changed in orientation or distance from one another. It's like something rigid was being towed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

What I found curious about this is, the "object/s"  had several humps that never changed in orientation or distance from one another. It's like something rigid was being towed.

That's the best non-woo explanation.  To the rest of you "waves" posters.  I've never seen waves on smooth water like that.  Those waves are caused by something in the water.  If it's just waves, post a video showing the same type of waves on smooth water.  I searched YouTube and found nothing even close.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

waves from a boat...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable 

I was aware that eyewitness evidence is imperfect and factored that into my thoughts on this case.

Multiple witnesses makes the case stronger too. 

Our eyes are generally rather reliable in normal daylight.

• Haha 1

One thing I did find doing YouTube searches for things like waves that look like sea serpent and boat wake on smooth water were a couple of Ogopogo documentaries with photographs dating pretty far back with the exact same phenomena as was captured on this cell phone video.  The guy at the end of the video says it's different temperatures of water meeting each other deep in the lake and rising to the top.   You would think it would be a pretty common sight with dozens if not hundreds of people mistaking that phenomena for a lake monster and photographing it regularly the world over and I don't recall seeing that before.  Fluid dynamics could leave a more plausible explanation as a boat wake or could it be???? Ogopogo

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's the best non-woo explanation.  To the rest of you "waves" posters.  I've never seen waves on smooth water like that.  Those waves are caused by something in the water.  If it's just waves, post a video showing the same type of waves on smooth water.  I searched YouTube and found nothing even close.

I have seen this kind of waves hundreds of times..
If you are driving a slow boat in calm weather you get this wake waves..

patterns-of-waves-in-water-in-the-wake-b

lobster-boat-makes-a-wake-through-the-ca

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

I have seen this kind of waves hundreds of times..
If you are driving a slow boat in calm weather you get this wake waves..

Yeah,  Two sets of them as is shown in your larger field of view picture.  But you are right, that wake looks just like the video but only right behind the boat.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Clearly it's Bigfoot. He's probably faking a moon landing while showing how flat the earth is.

Logic, sheeple.

Bigfoot, riding Ogopogo while chasing Nessie and faking a moon landing to prove flat earth to JFK  Jr., who is definitely still alive.

Or a wave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Resume said:

Bigfoot, riding Ogopogo while chasing Nessie and faking a moon landing to prove flat earth to JFK  Jr., who is definitely still alive.

Or a wave.

JFK is NOT alive...he was eaten by a tiger. Everyone knows that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Upon closer look I think I call CGI.  there is absolutely no wake or pressure ridge when watched full screen.

• Like 1

Clearly a boat wake, sorry mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Torviking said:

Clearly a boat wake, sorry mate.

Clearly CGI.  Go watch and pay attention to the bits they circle full screen.

Edit:  Just watched again.  At the beginning it is zoomed out for a pretty wide shot.  No boat.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

what i like the very least about this type thing is how the photographers always geek out they now they have the indisputable proof of whatever,

lets assume he believes this is a huge unknown creature the guys kid is near this disturbance in the water is he concerned for his sons safety as most parents wouldbe if an alleged lake monster was cruising by, nope, not that i can tell,

get a bit of humility, and undestand you might feel you captured a video proving ogopogo but i see you getting all pompous and cocky over a video of a few waves, and im set back at your apparent lack of concerns for your kid,

thats my opinion, others vary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Clearly CGI.  Go watch and pay attention to the bits they circle full screen.

Edit:  Just watched again.  At the beginning it is zoomed out for a pretty wide shot.  No boat.

Why would someone CGI a wave?

Boat wake 100%. Just because you don't see a boat doesn't mean one did not create the wave.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gertdoggy said:

Why would someone CGI a wave?

Boat wake 100%. Just because you don't see a boat doesn't mean one did not create the wave.

Why would someone CGai a wave. To fake a lake monster.

Again.....watch the video and pay attention to the part that is highlighted  with a circle. There is some kind of fin in it and every wave are all exactly identical. On top of that there is no ripples moving away from the supposed waves. The water around them is showing zero affect, given fluid dynamics an impossibility. CGI

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

im slow and missing the part with a circle and its painful to watch with more video of the cameraman than the waves, but it is copyrighted...so perhaps there is book and movie deal coming up.

• Like 1