Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Relations - Thinking of the Same Song

TigerBright19

Years ago back at the family house I would think of a song, or start humming it, or quietly singing a few cords of a song, and I would immediately hear my mother, or one of my sisters singing the exact same song at the same time or shortly afterwards.  I would hear them as I walked out into the garden, or upstairs passed their bedroom and I would laugh and let them know I was thinking of / singing the same song and we agreed how weird it was that we were thinking of the same thing at the same time.

Is there a reason for this, and can anyone else relate to this?

Probably you all think along the same lines. And you all heard some background cue that trigger all of you to remember the same song.

OR... Aliens.

I've done it two or three times where I'm humming/singing a popular song, and I climb into the truck and turn on the radio and the same song is on at the exact same place.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Years ago back at the family house I would think of a song, or start humming it, or quietly singing a few cords of a song, and I would immediately hear my mother, or one of my sisters singing the exact same song at the same time or shortly afterwards.  I would hear them as I walked out into the garden, or upstairs passed their bedroom and I would laugh and let them know I was thinking of / singing the same song and we agreed how weird it was that we were thinking of the same thing at the same time.

Is there a reason for this, and can anyone else relate to this?

Yes there is a reason for it, you all like the same music. 

• Like 3

my grandmother always sang, some songs she made up to this day they will pop in my head,

• Like 2

On a related note - Several times I would think of a funny scene from a TV sitcom, or a specific episode from a period drama, and when I flicked over the TV channels I would see exactly the same scene / episode / film, I was thinking of.  e.g.  I haven't seen 3rd Rock from the Sun on TV for years.  I was thinking of a random funny episode with John Cleese in it and he's playing golf.  I then made lunch and turned on the TV and pressed search out of curiosity to see if the show was back on TV.  I was amazed to see the show was back on that same day and it was the exact same episode I was thinking of with John Cleese.  This kind of thing happened in 2012 with alarming regularity and I joked at the time that 'this really was my year'.  How is it possible to predict what is about to come on TV or the radio, or what other people are singing - moments before it happens?  Lucky guess or ESP?

It's when they've made changes in the Matrix. :tu:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

or quietly singing a few cords of a song

you can't sing a chord on your own:D