Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Graduating teen throws pizza party for homeless

Still Waters

A Texas high school graduate, who wanted to make a difference, is showing a great example of how to give back. 

Instead of throwing her own party to celebrate her accomplishment, Leanne Carrasco hosted a pizza party for homeless women and kids at Houston's 'Star of Hope Center,' providing dozens of pizzas and hundreds of personal hygiene bags.

Carrasco says she wanted to make sure they knew that someone cared.

https://komonews.com/news/offbeat/graduating-teen-throws-pizza-party-for-homeless

https://www.theepochtimes.com/instead-of-throwing-graduation-party-teen-throws-pizza-party-for-the-homeless_2950683.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to Graduating teen throws pizza party for homeless

I hope her light kindles a bonfire.  Even having someone make eye contact with you when you're homeless is a special thing.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, and then said:

I hope her light kindles a bonfire.  Even having someone make eye contact with you when you're homeless is a special thing.

So true.  One morning while on a Fitbit excursion around the city I was waiting at a crosswalk and started a conversation up with a homeless man in a wheelchair.   At some point he started to cry a bit and said excuse me it's just that nobody talks to me any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So true.  One morning while on a Fitbit excursion around the city I was waiting at a crosswalk and started a conversation up with a homeless man in a wheelchair.   At some point he started to cry a bit and said excuse me it's just that nobody talks to me any more.

I was homeless very briefly and damned near suicidally depressed anyway and it became apparent very quickly that people stop seeing you when you're in that situation.  It's almost as if they feel it could be contagious.  A kind word meant more than money.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

What a beautiful girl.

• Like 2