Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many members served in the Middle East

Grim Reaper 6

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

There was a little old man that worked as a security guard at the gate of a little out of the way power plant here in Iowa.  Over the years I got to talking with him.  He said he was a Navy Seal and even invented AOL among other things.  I smiled and listened to his stories even though I knew they weren't true.  The stories he told pretty much gave that all away.  But I never called him out on it.

Why?  Because he was a sad, lonely old man and the stories were the only thing he had to get any of us to stop and talk to him.   

Great example.

That's what I was trying to get at. Is that if someone feels the need to lie on a internet forum then they have other problems going on. So no need to worry about it just let them have it.

No harm no foul.

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Is that where you get four people under a cardboard box and say Tank Tank Tank.

The German Blitzkrieg was so quick in France that the French had to convert their tanks with 3 reverse gears to keep up with the retreat. :sk

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The German Blitzkrieg was so quick in France that the French had to convert their tanks with 3 reverse gears to keep up with the retreat. :sk

Thanks the laugh, you have no idea how much I needed one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please give a link or so other proof that the United States sold Chemical Weapons to Iraq. In addition to that and just for your information the weapons the Iraqs had where Russian not American, i was there and I know what I saw. That includes their Tanks, Antiaircraft guns, Rifes ( Ak-47), the Scud  Missles, Vehicals, Machine Guns, Armored Personnel Carriers, in fact I did not see a major US Weapon being used by the Iraqs. So to say Kuwait wouldn't have been attacked without US weapons is ludicrous. I think you need to do some research before you post inaccurate information like you have about, you should be embarrassed.

I will wait for your reply about comments on the Chemical Weapons.

Im happy to oblige sir.

Concerning the 'Russian weapons':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_War#Bear_Spares

Concerning the arming of Iraq, including but not limited to chemical warfare agents and/or precursors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_War#Dual-use_exports

On February 9, 1994, Senator Riegle delivered a report -commonly known as the Riegle Report- in which it was stated that "pathogenic (meaning 'disease producing'), toxigenic (meaning 'poisonous'), and other biological research materials were exported to Iraq pursuant to application and licensing by the U.S. Department of Commerce." It added: "These exported biological materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of reproduction."[39] The report then detailed 70 shipments (including anthrax) from the United States to Iraqi government agencies over three years, concluding "It was later learned that these microorganisms exported by the United States were identical to those the UN inspectors found and recovered from the Iraqi biological warfare program."[40]

Donald Riegle, Chairman of the Senate committee that authored the aforementioned Riegle Report, said:

U.N. inspectors had identified many United States manufactured items that had been exported from the United States to Iraq under licenses issued by the Department of Commerce, and [established] that these items were used to further Iraq's chemical and nuclear weapons development and its missile delivery system development programs. ... The executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control sent Iraq 14 separate agents "with biological warfare significance," according to Riegle's investigators.[41]

Iraq purchased 8 strains of anthrax from the United States in 1985, according to British biological weapons expert David Kelly.[37] The Iraqi military settled on the American Type Culture Collection strain 14578 as the exclusive strain for use as a biological weapon, according to Charles Duelfer.[38]

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=The_Arming_of_Iraq_Affair

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/armIraqP2W.html

https://www.counterpunch.org/2004/06/17/how-reagan-armed-saddam-with-chemical-weapons/

I have no intention what so ever to derail this thread from the intended function, I also do not mean any disrespect. As such I will discontinue my additions to it, as I never served (in a military fashion) a single day in my life, and my content is, however unintended, interpreted as disrespectful.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Im happy to oblige sir.

Concerning the 'Russian weapons':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_War#Bear_Spares

Concerning the arming of Iraq, including but not limited to chemical warfare agents and/or precursors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_War#Dual-use_exports

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=The_Arming_of_Iraq_Affair

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/armIraqP2W.html

https://www.counterpunch.org/2004/06/17/how-reagan-armed-saddam-with-chemical-weapons/

I have no intention what so ever to derail this thread from the intended function, I also do not mean any disrespect. As such I will discontinue my additions to it, as I never served (in a military fashion) a single day in my life, and my content is, however unintended, interpreted as disrespectful.

Thanks for the post and these links there is some very interesting information there. I know your not trying to attack anyone or to derail this thread. I apologize for some of my comments to you.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Takes a good, balanced man to respond the way you do here, which I respect greatly.

I apologise again for any disrespect I might have issued.

• Thanks 1

Like on many things in life - I have contradicting views.

first of all I have not served for a whole multitude of reasons which are not relevant here.

1. I respect all those that have served, suffered and put there lives in danger, whatever the nation.

2. I don't respect those that send men and women into these situations on flimsy excuses with little true benefit to fighter's nation / people.

3. I respect those that acted professionally with due regard to rights and wrongs which I accept may become very murky in such situations

4. I don't respect those that abused the position of power, granted through arms, to act outside of 3 above.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Takes a good, balanced man to respond the way you do here, which I respect greatly.

I apologise again for any disrespect I might have issued.

Thanks I appreciate the comments we both acted a little foolish, let's just put the past behind us and look farword to the future. I have always believed that if you can admit your mistakes, you most likely will not make similar mistakes in the future, which I am certain we both would like to do.

Have a great night partner.

• Thanks 1

Oh by the way, if you ever decide to do something about those criminals in your government, please let me know. Id follow a good, balanced, righteous man into conflict anytime, anywhere. I might not have served, but Ill make myself useful, no doubt. Ready, willing and able.. We both know thats never going to happen, but it should.

Have a good one.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:47 AM, Phaeton80 said:

I apologize, but in all honesty.. thats not serving your nation though, thats serving the criminals that hijacked your nation, a clique of crony capitalist internationalists, a development warned about by your Founding Fathers.

A true service to your nation and all Americans would be to act against these unAmerican criminals with extreme prejudice, in any and every way possible.

And Kuwait (as well as Iran).. wouldnt have been attacked the way they were if it wasnt for US arms supplies to the Hussein regime, including but not limited to the sales of chemical weapons, subsequently employed against Iran.

So does this opinion apply to those here in the US who are Federal Government? Because they work for the same jokers, and are just as culpable as any soldier. 

Should all Federal Employees quit when some new politician takes office? Many of those soldiers are trying to just make a living and retire with good pay.

Edited by DieChecker

9 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So does this opinion apply to those here in the US who are Federal Government? Because they work for the same jokers, and are just as culpable as any soldier. 

Should all Federal Employees quit when some new politician takes office? Many of those soldiers are trying to just make a living and retire with good pay.

If thats the case they shouldnt lavish about 'serving their country' and 'being honorable', because theyre not, and they arent. They are furthering the strategic goals of an empire ruled by criminals, fomenting massive innocent deaths while committing illegal, unconstitutional acts (against the interests of the US taxpayer). I have promised to not further derail this thread, and I think I made my point pretty clear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phaeton80 said:

If thats the case they shouldnt lavish about 'serving their country' and 'being honorable', because theyre not, and they arent. They are furthering the strategic goals of an empire ruled by criminals, fomenting massive innocent deaths while committing illegal, unconstitutional acts (against the interests of the US taxpayer). I have promised to not further derail this thread, and I think I made my point pretty clear.

Fair enough. I see your point. 

• Thanks 1