Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Atlantis

Duke Wellington

8 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

As the rumblings of the all-knowng god's of UM begin to subside, let me tell you about the many horses of Atlantis.

Keeping on this line of very large......very large "island", as one of the reason why Plato labels it as an island is to make it clear that unlike Asia, Europe, an Lybia, which were connected and really one continent, as given to us by Herodotus' Histories, Atlantis was physically separated from the other 3-in-one, and completely surrounded by water.

We also have the very large elephants, the largest land creatures, and the very large and tallest trees. Now we must concern ourselves with horses. By far or by near, the Americas contain the largest horse population in the world, over 1/2.

https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2007/09/12/world-horse-population-58m/

Ah yeah in the modern world as far as we know they went extinct around 8,000-12,000 years ago along with a number of other species and there were no horses until re-introduced by the Spanish.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

As the rumblings of the all-knowng god's of UM begin to subside, let me tell you about the many horses of Atlantis.

Keeping on this line of very large......very large "island", as one of the reason why Plato labels it as an island is to make it clear that unlike Asia, Europe, an Lybia, which were connected and really one continent, as given to us by Herodotus' Histories, Atlantis was physically separated from the other 3-in-one, and completely surrounded by water.

We also have the very large elephants, the largest land creatures, and the very large and tallest trees. Now we must concern ourselves with horses. By far or by near, the Americas contain the largest horse population in the world, over 1/2.

https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2007/09/12/world-horse-population-58m/

You really don’t need to waste your time telling us anything we don’t specifically ask about. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Ah yeah in the modern world as far as we know they went extinct around 8,000-12,000 years ago along with a number of other species and there were no horses until re-introduced by the Spanish.

I don't know why he keeps ignoring the fact pointed out to him that the mammoth was extinct long before the creation of the U.S. and were actually on their way out when we arrived. 

Talk about twisting facts to make your theory fit.

We have a semi-clever Von Koch here. But then again, you can be clever, and not actually smart. :yes:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Yeah right! Really curious, are you? Your sideline activity says otherwise, my friend!

curiosity.jpg

Hi Pettytalk

If that is your opinion, okay so be it. That doesn't mean that I will not ask questions.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
added context
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

You really don’t need to waste your time telling us anything we don’t specifically ask about. 

—Jaylemurph 

You are not obligated to listen to anything I'm telling. After all, it's not like I'm trying to stick it into your ears by force. You can always place your hands over your ears.

the-scream.jpg

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Pettytalk

If that is your opinion, okay so be it. That doesn't mean that I will not ask questions.

jmccr8

E94707FA-6282-499B-9A02-BE24A8F0CC87.thumb.jpeg.d5beb2c7a3509182f10c3e131289e09c.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Pettytalk

jmccr8

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies. Who was it that coined that phrase?

45 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

E94707FA-6282-499B-9A02-BE24A8F0CC87.thumb.jpeg.d5beb2c7a3509182f10c3e131289e09c.jpeg

You traitor! You are giving away my battle plans.Just bad grammar? Don't reveal the rest, you mechanical heap of rust.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

You are not obligated to listen to anything I'm telling. After all, it's not like I'm trying to stick it into your ears by force. You can always place your hands over your ears.

Except your just not saying anything. Just a wall of text which runs in circles. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies. Who was it that coined that phrase?

Attributed to Irish playwright Oliver Goldsmith (1728-1774), from She Stoops to Conquer.

(smarty-pants leopard)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Piney said:

Except your just not saying anything. Just a wall of text which runs in circles. :yes:

Maybe he's a passive-aggressive-bore-people-to-death type who never gets to the point because his point broke or fell off long ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Trying to look at it from the other perspective to be civil. Are their any myths amongst the Native American Nations? If such a grand civilization had existed, it stands to reason the First Nation peoples would have some sort of oral history that would mention it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Trying to look at it from the other perspective to be civil. Are their any myths amongst the Native American Nations? If such a grand civilization had existed, it stands to reason the First Nation peoples would have some sort of oral history that would mention it.

Easier to just find the physical traces. Of which they are none. If Atlantis was in the Americas that would have meant a development of culture from long ago meaning an excellent scattering of stone tools about. Yet there isn't such a covering of the Americas with stone tools - the layer and distribution of such is no where the density one finds in the Middle East, Africa, or even Europe or Asia.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Hi Pettytalk

I believe that it was first accredited to Oliver Goldsmith but I am quite sure that through the eons it has been said many times by many people. The questions that I have asked are relevant to the discussion and have not been an attack on you personally as they are for clarification. The inks about the trees were to show that in the past and present that there are other geographic locations with trees that fit the description and was also for clarification. 

15 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Yeah right! Really curious, are you? Your sideline activity says otherwise, my friend!

Not sure what you are inferring with sideline activity, clarification, please.

jmccr8

Edit to add... I see Kenemet already answer this.

Edited by jmccr8
added context
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Maybe he's a passive-aggressive-bore-people-to-death type who never gets to the point because his point broke or fell off long ago.

He claimed he was told to "run it across us" but I doubt this. I think he read us for years before finally getting the guts to register and post. He knew our posting styles the day he joined because he jumped Jay and I right off the bat and knew how we would both respond. 

"Deeper teachings" my ass.....

2 hours ago, Piney said:

He claimed he was told to "run it across us" but I doubt this. I think he read us for years before finally getting the guts to register and post. He knew our posting styles the day he joined because he jumped Jay and I right off the bat and knew how we would both respond. 

"Deeper teachings" my ass.....

Maybe he had been here once before and got reincarnated. Whatever his back story is his posting are nonsensical and boring.

• Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Maybe he had been here once before and got reincarnated. Whatever his back story is his posting are nonsensical and boring.

Yeah, "sock puppet" had crossed my mind. 

6 hours ago, Trelane said:

No.

At least, not until modern times and after the myth of Atlantis was popular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Easier to just find the physical traces. Of which they are none. If Atlantis was in the Americas that would have meant a development of culture from long ago meaning an excellent scattering of stone tools about. Yet there isn't such a covering of the Americas with stone tools - the layer and distribution of such is no where the density one finds in the Middle East, Africa, or even Europe or Asia.

Solutreans were the Atlanteans, were the first Americans. Not sure why Plato did not mention the camelids that were still alive at the same time as the mammoths and horses though. 

Maybe that DNA marker fringe theorists drivel on about being unique to th Americas is Atlantean in origin.

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Solutreans were the Atlanteans, were the first Americans. Not sure why Plato did not mention the camelids that were still alive at the same time as the mammoths and horses though. 

Rupert would argue that fact. We were just the Vole herders for the Atlanteans until we were enslaved by the Muians after the armies of Bool Krappie under influence from the Past Basset Masters enslaved us and fired us because of a alcohol problem........

.......What the **** did I just say???

Oh, yeah. We were hunted by the Voles until the Past Basset Masters and the Atlanteans herded us into pens and sold us to Muians as circus clowns.......

.......I think........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

No.

Yes. :yes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Not sure why Plato did not mention the camelids that were still alive at the same time as the mammoths and horses though. 

North American hyenas, lions, panthers, elk, moose, buffalo (long and short horn) giant beavers and saber tooth BIG bobcats. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.

So why didn't Plato mention bison?? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Piney said:

Rupert would argue that fact. We were just the Vole herders for the Atlanteans until we were enslaved by the Muians after the armies of Bool Krappie under influence from the Past Basset Masters enslaved us and fired us because of a alcohol problem........

.......What the **** did I just say???

Oh, yeah. We were hunted by the Voles until the Past Basset Masters and the Atlanteans herded us into pens and sold us to Muians as circus clowns.......

.......I think........

You are wise in the ways of ancient history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Piney said:

So why didn't Plato mention bison?? 

He thought they were large coney  with attitudes.

Rupert awoke and nudged me with his vectron ray. He noted that when Plato wrote there were still saber-tooth cats running around in particular he'd had one as a pet - well until it started eating aunts.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• The topic was locked