Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden Promises to Cure Cancer

OverSword

He's made some other tough to fulfill promises as well

36 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Well if you removed the $600 billion per annum spent on military expenditure and allocated it to cancer research you might get somewhere.  Reality suggests you can mark this one down as an unfulfilled electoral promise if he ever gets into the White House.

I think Biden is aiming high and there’s nothing wrong with that. Gene editing/therapy, immunotherapy etc among with AI and computer advances are the medicines of the future. 

I think every politician the world over should support a moonshot program even if it means cutting budgets elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Well if you removed the $600 billion per annum spent on military expenditure and allocated it to cancer research you might get somewhere.  Reality suggests you can mark this one down as an unfulfilled electoral promise if he ever gets into the White House.

China would consume your country like an Hors d'oeuvre.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think Biden is aiming high and there’s nothing wrong with that. Gene editing/therapy, immunotherapy etc among with AI and computer advances are the medicines of the future. 

I think every politician the world over should support a moonshot program even if it means cutting budgets elsewhere.

There are a hundred different types of cancer and will be no cure-all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There are a hundred different types of cancer and will be no cure-all. 

Well curing cancer has to start somewhere with a positive step in the right direction. On a personal level I’m a bit surprised that you would politicise cancer research? Is it because Biden beat Trump to it? 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Very high.  Personally I don't think if I would include it as one of my portfolios if I was a politician.  Imagine, first month in, 'how is the cancer research program going Mr President?'.  6 months in, '1 million people died of cancer in the US last month Mr President, any progress?'.  2 years in 'Mr President........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

Why?  We're already in bed with them.

10 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Why?  We're already in bed with them.

:tu:  Then I stand corrected... a thousand pardons.

Didn’t some company over in Israel say they would have a cure for cancer by the end of this year? 

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Well curing cancer has to start somewhere with a positive step in the right direction. On a personal level I’m a bit surprised that you would politicise cancer research? Is it because Biden beat Trump to it? 

Me? Biden politicized it not I. Furthermore, many people have been cured of cancer although there is not a guaranteed cure, none of whom owe their recovery to the government. And pardon me but what does trump have to do with it? Do you have any evidence that I started this thread in favor of trump? Maybe read a few other threads of mine. Right off the bat I’ll recommend the one about tariffs on Mexico. After that you may feel free to apologize.

Edited by OverSword

Biden should cure something simple first, like the common cold, just to prove that he's telling the truth.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

Nonsense. We’d go Quisling the moment China started to even look vaguely like it was shooting for Superpower status.

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

What an unbelievable twit.

Link

Maybe he's cryptically saying hes gonna legalize MMJ so everyone can make their own Rick Simpson oil?

(I dont really believe that but maybe if we start the rumor one candidate is huge on it theyll all go for it!)

Edited by Farmer77

Ok, thats a fine aim but how should it work exactly, whats the plan? There is advanced cancer research for decades now all around the planet. To find a treatment, or treatments, for cancer is one of the big targets of Big Pharma and billions get absorbed by the research because hits are and would be like a money printing machine. In addition, cancer research is conducted by global fundamental research bodies as well, with a multi billion budget and thousands class 1 scientists. There are even a lot of ongoing research projects related to cancer research on the ISS1 and related to spaceflight in general.

And now we have a guy who claimed "to cure cancer". What an idiotic statement. Unfortunately, a lot of idiots will vote based on an idiotic statement, without content. I will make America great again. I will cure cancer. I will make gold. Hurray! Stand up, clap your hands and freak out!

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, toast said:

And now we have a guy who claimed "to cure cancer". What an idiotic statement. Unfortunately, a lot of idiots will vote based on an idiotic statement, without content. I will make America great again. I will cure cancer. I will make gold. Hurray! Stand up, clap your hands and freak out!

Biden needs to go away and take the ghosts of the 90's democrats with him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ogbin said:

Didn’t some company over in Israel say they would have a cure for cancer by the end of this year? 

In a Joe Biden fashion, somehow:

The umbrella organization of Israel’s high tech and life science industries has slammed as irresponsible and damaging a claim by a team of Israeli researchers that they developed a concept that will pave the way to a cure for cancer.

" We welcome all companies that develop breakthrough technologies,” Karin Mayer Rubinstein, the CEO of the Israel Advanced Technology Industries (IATI), told The Times of Israel on Thursday. But, she warned, “The things the researchers have said have damaged the image of Israel’s life sciences industry.

The Times of Israel

The New York Post and The Jerusalem Post both recently featured articles about Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies Ltd (AEBi), a company founded in 2000 from the ITEK Weizmann technology incubator. There are a number of very bold claims in both articles, many which are unsubstantiated with no evidence provided by the company. People can largely say whatever they like, after all, but it is just unusual for biotech/pharma companies to do so without significant evidence to back up their claims.

Forbes

" Having evaluated cancer research proposals from across the State of Israel for more than 10 years, I have a deep and abiding belief that Israeli cancer research is truly world-class, and that this tiny nation is making a critical and disproportionate contribution to the fight against this scourge of humankind. Claims of a Holy Grail cruelly mislead cancer patients, and undermine support for cancer research, their only hope for more effective treatments. "

The Jerusalem Post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Very high.  Personally I don't think if I would include it as one of my portfolios if I was a politician.  Imagine, first month in, 'how is the cancer research program going Mr President?'.  6 months in, '1 million people died of cancer in the US last month Mr President, any progress?'.  2 years in 'Mr President........

...yeah but does it really reflect bad on Biden to support it even if he doesn’t cure cancer?  I don’t think it does. One of his sons died of cancer and Biden wants to declare war. Good on him for wanting to fight the good fight. Let them ask ‘how’s it coming along Mr President’ ‘not there yet but I’m doing my best to support it.’ Who in their right mind is gonna ridicule him?

Cancer touches every family regardless of politics. Trump should commend Biden and make the same bold statement, and back it up with money and relaxing regulations on research.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Me? Biden politicized it not I. Furthermore, many people have been cured of cancer although there is not a guaranteed cure, none of whom owe their recovery to the government. And pardon me but what does trump have to do with it? Do you have any evidence that I started this thread in favor of trump? Maybe read a few other threads of mine. Right off the bat I’ll recommend the one about tariffs on Mexico. After that you may feel free to apologize.

No you didn’t bring up Trump. I did. Biden’s claims to curing cancer are a helluva more honourable that Trumps claims to cure all the social i’ll of the U.S. with a wall. I guess it would be shame to attack Biden for making such a bombastic claim along the same lines as Trump’s wall. That’s my point!

Edited by Captain Risky

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

No you didn’t bring up Trump. I did. Biden’s claims to curing cancer are a helluva more honourable that Trumps claims to cure all the social i’ll of the U.S. with a wall. I guess it would be shame to attack Biden for making such a bombastic claim along the same lines as Trump’s wall. That’s my point!

So it's OK to attack Trump, but not to attack Biden ? :P 

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...yeah but does it really reflect bad on Biden to support it even if he doesn’t cure cancer?  I don’t think it does. One of his sons died of cancer and Biden wants to declare war. Good on him for wanting to fight the good fight. Let them ask ‘how’s it coming along Mr President’ ‘not there yet but I’m doing my best to support it.’ Who in their right mind is gonna ridicule him?

Cancer touches every family regardless of politics. Trump should commend Biden and make the same bold statement, and back it up with money and relaxing regulations on research.

I fully understand what you're saying Captain.  Just the cynic in me sees the world under a different microscope, reacting in a different manner. I hope you're right.