Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden Promises to Cure Cancer

OverSword

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

No you didn’t bring up Trump. I did. Biden’s claims to curing cancer are a helluva more honourable that Trumps claims to cure all the social i’ll of the U.S. with a wall. I guess it would be shame to attack Biden for making such a bombastic claim along the same lines as Trump’s wall. That’s my point!

How is lying honorable. You know what? It’s obvious you didn’t read the article this thread is based on. Go back and see what doctors have to say about this idiotic campaign promise. Now if Biden had said “When I’m president the government will invest 1000% more in cancer research” that would be different, but seeing how people ignorant of what cancer is and how the different variations of it affect us, like you, react to his false statement it’s obvious he said this to trick fools into supporting him. Sorry I’m sure you’re not a fool but you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

can he cure liberalism?

Liberalism is a self-inflicted lobotomy.

Maybe groping Joe will cure cancer by the laying on of hands. If so they'll be very few females with cancer. :lol:

• Haha 4

This is Biden throwing a "hail mary" pass. What else has he got? Cancer drugs alone are projected to be a $200 Billion industry by 2022. Biden ain't curing sh**. But I look forward to the debates more than 2016 lol Trump should provide some Grade-A entertainment while Biden tries to keep it together.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OverSword said:

He's made some other tough to fulfill promises as well

Well we have seen the USA get behind a space program to the moon pouring billions into it.

Wouldnt it be great if he said if he is the next president he would put $100 billion into it to get it dealt with once and for all.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well we have seen the USA get behind a space program to the moon pouring billions into it.

Wouldnt it be great if he said if he is the next president he would put $100 billion into it to get it dealt with once and for all.

No.  There are many different types of cancer and they require different treatments.  The treatment for breast cancer will probably have no affect on lung cancer or thyroid cancer or brain cancer. There are for profit companies that are much more efficient than a government pouring stacks of money into this all the time.  There is no need for some non-medical. non-expert entity to attempt this just to get some votes.  It's stupid.  Biden's stupid.  The government is stupid, wasteful and inefficient and people that trust in and believe in the government to act efficiently are not paying any attention. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

So it's OK to attack Trump, but not to attack Biden ? :P 

Sort of.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

I fully understand what you're saying Captain.  Just the cynic in me sees the world under a different microscope, reacting in a different manner. I hope you're right.

I can’t be right because cancer won’t be solved in the next 10 years. But the precedent for presidential intervention will be set that hopefully someday will solve cancer. That’s important.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

How is lying honorable. You know what? It’s obvious you didn’t read the article this thread is based on. Go back and see what doctors have to say about this idiotic campaign promise. Now if Biden had said “When I’m president the government will invest 1000% more in cancer research” that would be different, but seeing how people ignorant of what cancer is and how the different variations of it affect us, like you, react to his false statement it’s obvious he said this to trick fools into supporting him. Sorry I’m sure you’re not a fool but you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

Your tone is regrettable, mate. A general, sportsman or surgeon doesn’t just admit an impossible task isn’t worth pursuing they give it ago. Aim high. You might not get what you want but you’ll probably end up with more than you had.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Your tone is regrettable, mate. A general, sportsman or surgeon doesn’t just admit an impossible task isn’t worth pursuing they give it ago. Aim high. You might not get what you want but you’ll probably end up with more than you had.

Sorry but you just are not comprehending why this was an underhanded thing to do on Bidens part.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Sorry but you just are not comprehending why this was an underhanded thing to do on Bidens part.

Fine OverSword, explain to me how underhanded throwing influence and money at cancer is? 

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Fine OverSword, explain to me how underhanded throwing influence and money at cancer is? 

The underhanded statement is “When I’m president I’m going to cure cancer” how many types of cancer are there? There is no one cure as there is no one cancer. His statement is a lie. Why is that difficult to understand?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The underhanded statement is “When I’m president I’m going to cure cancer” how many types of cancer are there? There is no one cure as there is no one cancer. His statement is a lie. Why is that difficult to understand?

This election is gonna be fun I think Trump Promises to Cure Cancer, ‘Eradicate’ AIDS if He Wins Another Term:lol:

President Trump has promised to cure cancer, eradicate AIDS, and ensure that American astronauts land on Mars if he wins a second term. “We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases—including cancer and others and we’re getting closer all the time,” Trump said to a cheering crowd at his rally in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday night. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close. We will lay the foundation for landing American astronauts on the surface of Mars.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

We differ. But hey wouldn’t it be great if they cut the military budget by 1% to fund cancer research? What do you think about that?

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

...if Trump is true to form then be probably will make at least the same effort he has  to funding the wall. Can’t see why Biden would be any less willing to do the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...if Trump is true to form then be probably will make at least the same effort he has  to funding the wall. Can’t see why Biden would be any less willing to do the same. 

Funny I was thinking if we was true to form he is lying. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Funny I was thinking if we was true to form he is lying. :D

Lol. So he lies, endlessly but he did push to have his wall funded. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Lol. So he lies, endlessly but he did push to have his wall funded. 

No you're absolutely right. If he ever turned his tenacity towards the good the dude could get some good **** done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

No.  There are many different types of cancer and they require different treatments.  The treatment for breast cancer will probably have no affect on lung cancer or thyroid cancer or brain cancer. There are for profit companies that are much more efficient than a government pouring stacks of money into this all the time.  There is no need for some non-medical. non-expert entity to attempt this just to get some votes.  It's stupid.  Biden's stupid.  The government is stupid, wasteful and inefficient and people that trust in and believe in the government to act efficiently are not paying any attention. 

Yes there are many types of cancer that require different treatments. I`m sorry, but how is that an argument against funding research into finding cures? I`m really struggling right now to see the logic in that argument. Please think logically before writing such replies.

If you are simply opposing Biden because he occupies a position on the political spectrum which you dont like then tough, thats your problem. $100 billion would go very far in funding the research at hospitals, universities, and yes drug companies, needed to cure cancer. Maybe it wont get them all cured, maybe just 95%, but imagine the POSITIVE impact that would have on society.

• Like 2

The real problem here is that the medical industry has no desire to cure cancer. Expensive, life prolonging treatments? Sure, find those,  more money to be had, but a cure? No way! Cancer, just like diabetes, is big business.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes there are many types of cancer that require different treatments. I`m sorry, but how is that an argument against funding research into finding cures? I`m really struggling right now to see the logic in that argument. Please think logically before writing such replies.

If you are simply opposing Biden because he occupies a position on the political spectrum which you dont like then tough, thats your problem. $100 billion would go very far in funding the research at hospitals, universities, and yes drug companies, needed to cure cancer. Maybe it wont get them all cured, maybe just 95%, but imagine the POSITIVE impact that would have on society.

Because the statement was I will cure cancer. Who’s cancer? Breast cancer? Throat cancer? Liver cancer? On top of that the governments only mandate when it comes to medicine is to ensure it’s not a hoax and that the cures not worse than the disease. There are corporations who’s function is to cure disease that are responsible for the vast improvement in cancer survivability. Incase no one has noticed cancer is not the automatic death sentence it was when I was a kid. The government has nothing to do with this. Should we hand money over to some of the wealthiest corporations in the world to cure cancer when they are already throwing tons of money to accomplish this? And as they do they become ever more fabulously wealthy. 

You may see things differently because you’re government is behind all your medical industry. In my mind and in the mind of most Americans the Governments the most inefficient, wasteful and corrupt institution in our country.

• Like 1

The difference between Biden and Trump, on this subject, is that Biden said "I will cure cancer" and Trump said "We will cure cancer".  The first will never be true while the second one could be.  Biden is speaking for himself and Trump is speaking for America.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, skliss said:

Expensive, life prolonging treatments? Sure, find those,  more money to be had, but a cure? No way!

Well known CT, but nonsense. By the "logic" of this CT,  there would be no dentistry for the reason to strengthen the mashed potato industry, but, there is dentistry, all over the world.

Chronic/life-threatening diseases require expensive treatments, often over a long period of time or all life long. In addition, employees on sick leave are a very big cost factor for companies and therefore to the detriment of the domestic GNI of a county/nation. Health insurance contributions are based on statistic values and these values also include the money that must be collected, and spend, for treatments of individuals having chronic-/life-threatening diseases . I bet if there would be no cancer and no diabetics anymore, the monthly health insurance contributions could be dropped by 25%, resulting into a bigger volume of money to spend for the people, resulting into an increasing demand for products and services, thusly to the benefit of the domestic GNI. Pharma companies who would own the patents for anti cancer drugs would earn billions over billions., so why should they keep the "golden drugs" in the drawer?

The real problem here is that the medical industry has no desire to cure cancer.

Here you are badly wrong as well. To date, there are 68.732 clinical trials related to cancer, listed on clinicaltrial.gov.

That number are the published ones, there are not published ones as well. In addition, there are thousands of research project conducted by fundamental research institutes.

Do you really think that all involved pharma companies and fundamental research institutes agreed to prevent cancer healing in general and do you really think they spend billions on "fake studies"? If yes, you are a naive person.

Cancer, just like diabetes, is big business.

Of course it is but not in the way you think it is.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

We differ. But hey wouldn’t it be great if they cut the military budget by 1% to fund cancer research? What do you think about that?

lol, absolutely pointless, we  spends billions on cancer treatment research,  not a much on cure.   go ahead, google it, see how many links to cancer cure research you'll find

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1