Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden Promises to Cure Cancer

OverSword

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Oh.  He needs a majority?  So he can't just do it?  That's what I said Mongoose.  And even with a majority he couldn't do it, right?  Otherwise we would have a $50 billion wall

Play semantics all you want.

I`m not joining lol.

5 hours ago, toast said:

there would be no dentistry for the reason to strengthen the mashed potato industry, but, there is dentistry, all over the world.

This alone is such a ridulous comparison I almost didn't  read further. 

I disagree with your viewpoint/premise..it has nothing to do at all with employee down time and everything to do with money hand over fist for never ending research and treatments. If they end cancer or diabetes the money also ends...they don't want insurance premiums to go down...that's big business as well. You would be curing the cash cow. And trust me, I know the costs, my son is a type 1 diabetic. They never want the flow of insulin to stop. 

Of course there is money flowing to a gazillion research projects! My sister is a research scientist. She's been doing kidney cell research for over 20 years. Mostly on government grants.  One guy in her lab specifically does research for the Muscular Dystrophy Assoc. 

I think you're the naive one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Biden's claim is aimed directly at low information voters who get all their news from social media.  There is a percentage of the population who will believe anything and vote on that one issue alone.  He'll say something else to farmers and union workers, rich and poor, gays and straights, etc.  It's politics 101.

Which is exactly how trump won

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Which is exactly how trump won

The better politician always wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

The better politician always wins.

I think it's rather a case of if you can mobilize enough yokels and hill people to vote against their own interests if you're a republican candidate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skliss said:

..they don't want insurance premiums to go down...that's big business as well. You would be curing the cash cow. And trust me, I know the costs, my son is a type 1 diabetic. They never want the flow of insulin to stop.

1.) The world isnt led by pharma companies ("they") so dont be paranoid 2,) you may know the costs of diabetic medications but I doubt you have a clue about the costs of R&D in the pharmaceutical industry.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I think it's rather a case of if you can mobilize enough yokels and hill people to vote against their own interests if you're a republican candidate. 

Your bias is showing.  All candidates try to get the most people to vote for them and also play for electoral votes if it's a Presidential race.  The one who does it the best wins.

3 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Your bias is showing.  All candidates try to get the most people to vote for them and also play for electoral votes if it's a Presidential race.  The one who does it the best wins.

Aha, the presidential election is a kind of outdoor TV show, understood.

7 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

It's not bias, it's loathing.
Political elections are a bad joke that rely on uninformed an under educated people that are easily whipped up into an us v them mentality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, toast said:

Aha, the presidential election is a kind of outdoor TV show, understood.

Someone once said "politics is show business for ugly people".  It has always been a show, that's how the great orators become famous.  For all it's faults and nastiness, it is still the most refined way that humans have devised for creating order out of chaos.  

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It's not bias, it's loathing.

The fact that you single out Republicans is where I saw bias.  As well as calling their supporters "yokels and hill people".  I am neither yet I support President Trump.

2 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

The fact that you single out Republicans is where I saw bias.  As well as calling their supporters "yokels and hill people".  I am neither yet I support President Trump.

I never said you were.

And I singled out republican because, while i detest both political parties, i fully loath the republican party, which is only kept in office by uninformed, under educated, and just plain oblivious yokels and hill people. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

I never said you were.

And I singled out republican because, while i detest both political parties, i fully loath the republican party, which is only kept in office by uninformed, under educated, and just plain oblivious yokels and hill people. 

And people like me.

4 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

And people like me.

The older, whiter, and less educated you are, the more likely you are to vote republican

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The older, whiter, and less educated you are, the more likely you are to vote republican

What about hills?  Do they all live on hills?

38 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

What about hills?  Do they all live on hills?

The hill people don't necessarily live on hills, but they would be just as at home in an old trailer upon the hills.

The hill people don't necessarily live on hills, but they would be just as at home in an old trailer upon the hills.

If hill people don't live on hills how do you distinguish them from flatlanders?  If hill people vote Republican, as you claim, do flatlanders vote Democratic?  If so then why are the plains states mostly red?  You sure it isn't just your own bias?  Your demographics don't seem to be holding up.

1 minute ago, Big Jim said:

If hill people don't live on hills how do you distinguish them from flatlanders?  If hill people vote Republican, as you claim, do flatlanders vote Democratic?  If so then why are the plains states mostly red?  You sure it isn't just your own bias?  Your demographics don't seem to be holding up.

Hill people are easy to stop, even when out of their native habitat. They're just uninformed and under educated. I.e. the majority of the Republican base

Hill people are easy to stop, even when out of their native habitat. They're just uninformed and under educated. I.e. the majority of the Republican base

No bias to see here, guess I'll be moving on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

No bias to see here, guess I'll be moving on.

And they are the ones complaining about people being divisive. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I actually think evidence suggests the opposite. You have a source?

23 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You are a "Hill people" expert now?

Nice. 

The employment opportunities must be completely endless! 

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:41 AM, OverSword said:

What an unbelievable twit.

Link

Trump said the same thing this morning, wonder if they are joined at the brain. Maybe, there is something going on that hasn't been released to the general public, or maybe they both were taken by Aliens.

These guys are a joke

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, Captain Risky said:

...if Trump is true to form then be probably will make at least the same effort he has  to funding the wall. Can’t see why Biden would be any less willing to do the same. 

Because Biden was an Alien abductee and he still hasn't recovered from all the probing, you can tell when ever he sits down.