Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden Promises to Cure Cancer

OverSword

On 18/06/2019 at 10:43 AM, Captain Risky said:

Well curing cancer has to start somewhere with a positive step in the right direction. On a personal level I’m a bit surprised that you would politicise cancer research? Is it because Biden beat Trump to it? 

Something about LBJ and what his opponents may, or may not, have done with pigs - he just wants to hear him oppose it.

• Confused 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:45 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So the whiter, older, and less educated, the more likely you are to vote rebublican.

So older, more experienced people tend to vote Republican and, younger inexperienced people tend to vote Democrat.

Everyone take from that what you will....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So older, more experienced people tend to vote Republican and, younger inexperienced people tend to vote Democrat.

Everyone take from that what you will....

Nope. You're adding "experience", which is a subjective measurement.  Older, educated people tend to vote democrat. There is a correlation between education and which party is voted for.

• Like 2

Biden announced. "We're gonna cure cancer."

The crowd cheered in response

https://www.livescience.com/65717-biden-cancer-cure.html

The crowd is even more ridiculous than he is.

When you have idiots backing you up,  you can basically say what ever you want. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Nope. You're adding "experience", which is a subjective measurement.  Older, educated people tend to vote democrat. There is a correlation between education and which party is voted for.

What is the metric that defines "experience"? You seem to imply it is education, but education is often the same across a entire person's lifetime.

Age = experience.... IMHO 

Education often is static from young to old.

Edited by DieChecker

23 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

FOR SURE! 

37 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yes, that pretty much sums up the electoral process from the days of John F. Kennedy.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

What is the metric that defines "experience"? You seem to imply it is education, but education is often the same across a entire person's lifetime.

Age = experience.... IMHO 

Education often is static from young to old.

Education level is measurable. "Experience" is subjective and ill defined. Age doesnt equal anything but age.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Education level is measurable. "Experience" is subjective and ill defined. Age doesnt equal anything but age.

Subjective, but correlates with age. A old hillbilly will know more about being a hillbilly then a young hillbilly. 

It is a Western failure that we disparage the knowledge of our elders. 

Perhaps older people have more complex brains after living so long? That would be measurable. I'll look into it. 

EDIT: Found this...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8758971/

The results confirm the hypothesis: after a jump in the brain dynamics complexity during puberty a linear increase with age is observed. During maturation (7-25 years), the maximum gain in complexity occurs over the frontal associative cortex.

Now we just have to show that brain complexity is related to greater experience. Which I believe is so obvious I shouldn't have to even post a link.

Edited by DieChecker

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Age doesnt equal anything but age.

You'll change your mind when you're in your fifties and hear people in their 20's and 30's talk.  Experience definitely counts.  Age doesn't equal anything but age....sometimes.

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Subjective, but correlates with age. A old hillbilly will know more about being a hillbilly then a young hillbilly. 

It is a Western failure that we disparage the knowledge of our elders. 

Perhaps older people have more complex brains after living so long? That would be measurable. I'll look into it. 

EDIT: Found this...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8758971/

Now we just have to show that brain complexity is related to greater experience. Which I believe is so obvious I shouldn't have to even post a link.

37 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You'll change your mind when you're in your fifties and hear people in their 20's and 30's talk.  Experience definitely counts.  Age doesn't equal anything but age....sometimes.

Experience is ill defined and a subjective measurement. I don't know how many ****ing times I have to say it. Age =/= anything but age, and apparently being a pompous ****. 

And also, not even what I said that diechecker quoted and not even relevant to my original post.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Experience is ill defined and a subjective measurement. I don't know how many ****ing times I have to say it. Age =/= anything but age, and apparently being a pompous ****. 

Spoken like a 30 somethin know-it-all.  You'll see.  It's not being pompous it's just fact so don't get butt hurt.  Haven't you ever heard people asked "Don't you wish you could go back to when you were 30?" and the answer invariably is "Only if I can keep the mind I have now".  There's a reason for that, the reason is you learn both tangible and intangible things as you get older.  It's called experience.  Even little kids hate hearing that they don't know much because they think they do, but you know they don't.  That doesn't end when you're 35.

i though know it all stops at 20, and  when goes on, it is stupidity and ignorance that will never go away with any age

43 minutes ago, aztek said:

i though know it all stops at 20, and  when goes on, it is stupidity and ignorance that will never go away with any age

You should know :lol:

Age ain't everything but it ain't nothing either.

Edited by OverSword

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You should know :lol:

Age ain't everything but it ain't nothing either.

i do know, i see plenty of it here

i agree, age alone does not mean much, but with age comes experience and better view at the big picture.  that is what most mean by age, not years lived

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Spoken like a 30 somethin know-it-all.  You'll see.  It's not being pompous it's just fact so don't get butt hurt.  Haven't you ever heard people asked "Don't you wish you could go back to when you were 30?" and the answer invariably is "Only if I can keep the mind I have now".  There's a reason for that, the reason is you learn both tangible and intangible things as you get older.  It's called experience.  Even little kids hate hearing that they don't know much because they think they do, but you know they don't.  That doesn't end when you're 35.

As per usual, you miss the point. So i'm done bothering. 

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

As per usual, you miss the point. So i'm done bothering. 

Praise the Lord.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

*cough* trump rallies *cough* ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Black Red Devil said:

Reality suggests you can mark this one down as an unfulfilled electoral promise if he ever gets into the White House.

I think you're absolutely right.  However, I don't think it matters whether they're republican or democrat, whoever the candidates end up being, the election promises to we, everyday people, will seem quite lofty and will be targeted at obtaining votes from particular groups (you know the relentless game of identity politics that they favour). 

For example, can you think of someone who wouldn't want cancer to be cured?  No.

Average Joe Smith sees that promise and thinks, "Hell yeah, I'll vote for that person!"  (without investigating any further)  

These politicians are utterly inconsistent really. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pixiii said:

I think you're absolutely right.  However, I don't think it matters whether they're republican or democrat, whoever the candidates end up being, the election promises to we, everyday people, will seem quite lofty and will be targeted at obtaining votes from particular groups (you know the relentless game of identity politics that they favour). 

For example, can you think of someone who wouldn't want cancer to be cured?  No.

Average Joe Smith sees that promise and thinks, "Hell yeah, I'll vote for that person!"  (without investigating any further)  

Typical example of someone biting off more than he you can chew.  He's set the bar too high.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pixiii said:

i can, quite a lot actually do not want that, ,  from money pouring into research, treatments,  to population control

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Typical example of someone biting off more than he you can chew.  He's set the bar too high.

Maybe not. He was VP for 8 years. According to some CTers cancer already has a cure but it's being hidden. If anyone running would know this it would be Biden. Maybe he's just promising to release it to the public finally.:ph34r:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Maybe not. He was VP for 8 years. According to some CTers cancer already has a cure but it's being hidden. If anyone running would know this it would be Biden. Maybe he's just promising to release it to the public finally.:ph34r:

Cancer doesn't affect only Americans.  There are medical research teams all over the world trying to find a cure but because there are so many cancers it's not easy to find a cure for all.  I hope you're right but it sounds more like CT and probably most people will see it that way too.  Not something I would be promoting my campaign on.

• Like 1

yes there are many cancers and NONE is found cure for, so all those countries spending billions on research, for many decades, have not found a cure for even 1 type???? right, no conspiracy here, 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aztek said:

i can, quite a lot actually do not want that, ,  from money pouring into research, treatments,  to population control

That's actually a very good point aztek.  I can only give my own personal opinion on the curing of cancer itself.  Of course, we don't have anywhere near the problems on population control here in Australia so I cannot imagine what it would be like to have people coming into your town/city/country and getting free healthcare over your own permanent residents (from what I've ready only).  That's something that is rather alien to me I'm afraid. :(

edit:  Good grief, I am such a dork, I just realised this is the same Biden that can't get his hands off females.  He's like the epitomy of a dirty old man! :lol:

Edited by pixiii