Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Biden Promises to Cure Cancer

153 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

aztek
2 minutes ago, toast said:

Well known CT,.........

it's a well known fact, CT is what you pushing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
5 minutes ago, aztek said:

it's a well known fact

I have been working in the fields of the pharmaceutical-/Life Science-/fundamental research industry for 20 years now, do you think you are prepared enough for a discussion on the subject? If yes, go ahead and get eaten. And, do you think I`m a member of the plot?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, toast said:

I have been working in the fields of the pharmaceutical-/Life Science-/fundamental research industry for 20 years now, do you think you are prepared enough for a discussion on the subject? If yes, go ahead and get eaten. And, do you think I`m a member of the plot?

lamo, you are little irrelevant, replaceable cog in a huge machine. 

are you directly involved in cancer CURE research? can you link us to any cancer CURE researches?

my old neighbor  used to tell me he was in aviation business, turns out he was moping floors in an airport terminal

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
Posted (edited)

Someone should cure Biden from groping & sniffing the hair of every female he can get his hands on. Disgusting old trap.
 

joe-biden-2020-he-wouldnt-quit-smelling-

You know one wonders, what does it take for Americans to start wondering why this sort of people keep floating to the top of 'the democratic system'.. I mean, did anyone notice the line up from the last run?

You'd be hardpressed to find a worse motley crew of spineless depraved retards if you wanted to.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
19 minutes ago, aztek said:

lamo, you are little irrelevant, replaceable cog in a huge machine.

Say who?

Quote

are you directly involved in cancer CURE research?

I never claimed that but my contacts in this field. And I will not provide any company and /or names.

Quote

can you link us to any cancer CURE researches?

I added a link into my last post.  Do you know how to use a link? No? Click on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Because the statement was I will cure cancer. Who’s cancer? Breast cancer? Throat cancer? Liver cancer? On top of that the governments only mandate when it comes to medicine is to ensure it’s not a hoax and that the cures not worse than the disease. There are corporations who’s function is to cure disease that are responsible for the vast improvement in cancer survivability. Incase no one has noticed cancer is not the automatic death sentence it was when I was a kid. The government has nothing to do with this. Should we hand money over to some of the wealthiest corporations in the world to cure cancer when they are already throwing tons of money to accomplish this? And as they do they become ever more fabulously wealthy. 

You may see things differently because you’re government is behind all your medical industry. In my mind and in the mind of most Americans the Governments the most inefficient, wasteful and corrupt institution in our country.

I like a politician making a bold claim because it acts as an incentive for them to get things done.

In the UK most of our medical research happens at hospitals, universities, and drug companies. If things are different in the USA then thats fine. I`m quite sure the Government can put in place the controls and performance measures necessary to make sure the private sector makes efficient use of the money.

Its basic Government control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

I like a politician making a bold claim because it acts as an incentive for them to get things done.

In the UK most of our medical research happens at hospitals, universities, and drug companies. If things are different in the USA then thats fine. I`m quite sure the Government can put in place the controls and performance measures necessary to make sure the private sector makes efficient use of the money.

Its basic Government control.

Yeah, we have all that.  We also have a huge government budget used for researching all kinds of diseases including cancer, around $6 billion per year.  Heart disease is the number one killer of people in America  So should we take money away from heart disease research and give more than $ 6 billion for cancer?  Should a president even have a say about that?  No.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
27 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

 I`m quite sure the Government can put in place the controls and performance measures necessary to make sure the private sector makes efficient use of the money.

To think pharmaceutical research to produce better results when under control of a government is a really stupid idea. Look at the US for example, 243 years into the business but still no well working health care system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, we have all that.  We also have a huge government budget used for researching all kinds of diseases including cancer, around $6 billion per year.  Heart disease is the number one killer of people in America  So should we take money away from heart disease research and give more than $ 6 billion for cancer?  Should a president even have a say about that?  No.

If I was American I would vote Trump.

But, if Biden wants to get behind funding research into cancer in a big way that is his choice. Not doubt it will win him votes, and if its an election winner then good for him

Its up to him to decide upon an amount. If he is going to do it I would like to see him do it properly and chuck $100 billion at it.  With the US GDP being what it is that is a drop in the ocean. Heck, if he is going to get behind it in a big way lets double it to $200 billion by getting Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK and the EU onboard with it too.

If you dont agree with his policy then dont vote for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its up to him to decide upon an amount.

No.  It's not.  The same way it's not up to trump how much to spend on the wall.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No.  It's not.  The same way it's not up to trump how much to spend on the wall.

Yes it is.

He decides on the policy, he presents it in his campaign, and if its popular people vote for him. That is a mandate from the people to proceed with the policy.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton

Not like promises on the campaign trail matter right? Even if they're totally unachievable. 

See for example'

The 'big, beautiful concrete wall from sea to sea'. 

Draining the swamp. 

And making America great again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes it is.

He decides on the policy, he presents it in his campaign, and if its popular people vote for him. That is a mandate from the people to proceed with the policy.

Really?  Is that why we have that huge wall that costs billions of dollars?  No we don't have that because it's not really up to the president.  He can push for it but he can't do it.  Also, please note, we have a massive budget spent on cancer research, Biden promised something that is already happening.  See?  Full of crap politician #liar.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Setton said:

Not like promises on the campaign trail matter right? Even if they're totally unachievable. 

See for example'

The 'big, beautiful concrete wall from sea to sea'. 

Draining the swamp. 

And making America great again. 

It's no secret that politicians are just hoo-ers for corporate bucks and will say anything to get elected. Curing cancer is still less likely than all of Trump's campaign promises, however. 

ETA--

I hope I'm wrong. If Biden wins and cures cancer, he will leave behind one of the greatest Presidential achievements since Kennedy took man to the moon.

Edited by Dark_Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

you are wrong, it is medical consensus today that cancer can not be cured, all researches are aimed at treatments. he will not be the greatest president, he will not even be a crappy  one, cuz he is not getting elected

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Really?  Is that why we have that huge wall that costs billions of dollars?  No we don't have that because it's not really up to the president.  He can push for it but he can't do it.  Also, please note, we have a massive budget spent on cancer research, Biden promised something that is already happening.  See?  Full of crap politician #liar.

Stop distorting, he lose his majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 6/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, Ogbin said:

Didn’t some company over in Israel say they would have a cure for cancer by the end of this year? 

I vaguely recall they mentioned some major breakthrough on treatment for a specific type of cancer.  Considering the native brain trust that exists there it wouldn't surprise me at all.  It would almost be amusing to watch the haters finding excuses for saving themselves with such a breakthrough while calling for the end of the state of Israel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 AM, Dark_Grey said:

This is Biden throwing a "hail mary" pass. What else has he got? Cancer drugs alone are projected to be a $200 Billion industry by 2022. Biden ain't curing sh**. But I look forward to the debates more than 2016 lol Trump should provide some Grade-A entertainment while Biden tries to keep it together.

I heard, yesterday, that Trump is planning on "live Tweeting" during the Democrat debates :w00t:   Ingenious.  He'll get to pick them apart and cause part of the media to have a meltdown trying to decide if they want to "fact check" his Tweets or just talk about the Circus coming to town.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman
14 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

But hey wouldn’t it be great if they cut the military budget by 1% to fund cancer research?

No. The Federal Government is LITERALLY tasked with Military defense of the Country via the Constitution (Article 1, Section 8). It is not tasked with Medical Research. Sure Cancer research sounds good and I'm sure the Government Funds it already, but that's not really what the Government should be doing while the Military is EXACTLY what the Government is supposed to be doing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
42 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Stop distorting, he lose his majority.

Oh.  He needs a majority?  So he can't just do it?  That's what I said Mongoose.  And even with a majority he couldn't do it, right?  Otherwise we would have a $50 billion wall

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol
3 hours ago, Big Jim said:

The difference between Biden and Trump, on this subject, is that Biden said "I will cure cancer" and Trump said "We will cure cancer".  The first will never be true while the second one could be.  Biden is speaking for himself and Trump is speaking for America.

Read it again. Biden said "we" not "I".

They're both idiotic and laughable statement. If Biden gets the Dem nomination Trump might have his work cut out to 'out-stupid' him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim

No need to waste time arguing over the details of cancer research and actual dollar figures.  Biden's claim is aimed directly at low information voters who get all their news from social media.  There is a percentage of the population who will believe anything and vote on that one issue alone.  He'll say something else to farmers and union workers, rich and poor, gays and straights, etc.  It's politics 101.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
 
 
 
4 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Read it again. Biden said "we" not "I".

They're both idiotic and laughable statement. If Biden gets the Dem nomination Trump might have his work cut out to 'out-stupid' him.

If he's the best they can come up with then this election will be a contest between Obama's thrid term and continuing the same course Trump has set.  The people will decide and the world will be left shaking its head - again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
5 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Read it again. Biden said "we" not "I".

They're both idiotic and laughable statement. If Biden gets the Dem nomination Trump might have his work cut out to 'out-stupid' him.

You're right, my mistake.  I must have heard a different source.  And you're right again with your second statement.  Saying "we will cure cancer"  has as much validity as any other prediction.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
45 minutes ago, and then said:

I heard, yesterday, that Trump is planning on "live Tweeting" during the Democrat debates :w00t:   Ingenious.  He'll get to pick them apart and cause part of the media to have a meltdown trying to decide if they want to "fact check" his Tweets or just talk about the Circus coming to town.

In the spotlight is where he's most at home. He has decades of experience working within the media machine. He knows full well what will draw viewers and increase ratings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.