Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'god was female'

Babs

eih...militant femanists...the shame of our gender...

thumbsup.gif

471712[/snapback]

*burns her bra on Joc's lawn* tongue.gif

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• zandore

• SilverCougar

• LoVer_Of_GoD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And men probably wouldn't be bigger and stronger than us either tongue.gif

I mean for crying out loud...I'm not a femanist for starters - I believe, by and large, we already have the equality and recognition that we fought for, and I see femanists nowadays as fighting for superiority, not equality...

But anyway, before I digress....society spent as long as it did controlled my men for one simple reason: evolution. If you look at any social mammal in the world, you will find that the males as the leaders of the group...bigger, stronger, and (almost always) the hunters.

There are some notable exceptions, such as lions that, though they live in social groups, the females do the hunting. However, even then, the male is the one that controls the territory, and he's the one that gets first rights to dinner tongue.gif

Why on earth do they think humans evolved any differently? Males would have been the social superior of females right from the get go...that's how the animal kingdom works. All these fantasies some femanists have of some ancient matriachal society simply don't fit in with how our species (and any given mammalian species you can think of) is designed. It simply couldn't happen.

"We women folk are going to take over!" says the 5'4, 120lbs woman, after she's gotten fed up staying at the cave all day, keeping the little ones from running away.

"To hell with that," says the 6'2, 220lbs hunter.

Revolution over.

471759[/snapback]

Bah, we don't need physical strength to take over! We control the one thing guys these days want... (Most guys...)

We just need to mess with thier minds, is all.

We control the one thing guys these days want... (Most guys...)

Back in the days where social order was first established, I imagine most mating was done by force.

Back then, yes. Now... yes and no

Well, standards today are pretty irrelevant tongue.gif If women magically decide to take over the world by playing hard to get, then they'd find themselves with a pretty empty world to rule pretty quick.

Why the hell would God have a sex? Sexes didn't even exist until Eve. Even Adam didn't need to be a sex.

They created language, writing, metallurgy, agriculture, and the arts. Their rituals and ceremonies, their spells and incantations, their prayers and sacrifices were expressions of their oneness with the source of all life, the Great Mother of all living things.

*starts crying*

what even saddens me more is that people take bible and other worship stuff as a fact.....

If you study Akkadian, Assyrian and Sumerian ancient history you will discover that most of the stories in the Bible come from far more ancient stories. Ancient cuniforms have been found to prove this. The Bible is a recounting of these stories. Wiccas have always been able to interpret omens. Long before written word the wise ones were master storytellers

what culture are their decedents from? what does that tell you? There are older cultures you know......

Edited by Hotoke

And some would like it that way.

Me, meh... It's not like I'm gunna be here long enough to care who eventually becomes the superior gender...

As for god being a chick... hey, it worked in Dogma ;P

I'm gunna be here long enough to care who eventually becomes the superior gender...

everybody knows that hermafrodites> males and females.....

I agree God is only male as a result of the sexist times, that's obvious. If such a being exsisted he would not be a sex at all most likely, unless there are many of these such beings in the universe and they mate somehow, lol. Imagine the size of their...

On the age of the Earth note, my current girlfriend believes in the 6'000 year old Earth theory and will not deviate form it. It is most frustrating... so much so that I would never consider her as a long-term prospect because I disagree with her so vehemently and passionately about on so many things as a result of her religious views. Which is a shame as she is a genuinely lovely (if slightly immature and a bit lacking in balls) girl.

Good thing is she definately ain't chaste, and drinks like a fish. wink2.gif

Edited by Richdog

This is ridicilous! How in the world would someone come to the conclusion that the God of the bible is or was a female?

He is genderless; we only reffer to Him as Father because He has the

caracteristics of a loving Father. The laws of nature do not apply to God.

He is neither male or female.

471709[/snapback]

Then why shouldn't he be referred to as she, a loving mother? Surely your mother is just as loving as your father or even more loving. blink.gif

thumbsup.gif

471712[/snapback]

Easy for you to say...you're a guy. thumbsup.gif Think about what it would feel like and be like for you if the tables were turned?

I also wanted to add that I think you are 'a real religious guy' and that you sit at that Sunday pulpit swallowing that stuff, hook, line and sinker.'

I think that your religious views cloud your judgement, joc......of the real world for women, and the way it is.

Abortion is the law of the land. I am pro-choice and joc is pro-life. I think this is why he calls me 'a militant feminist'. Sorry, joc, but most women are pro-choice... or it wouldn't be the law of the land.

And that doesn't make all those women militant, does it? tongue.gif

What gets me is guys like you say abortion is murder...but then you go to war and kill live, walking, talking men, women and children. ohmy.gif I guess it's okay if men kill, but if a woman takes 'a piece of tissue' from her body, it's a big wrong! Smacks of control to me. Control of women. And is't there something in the christian religion (that you worship) about women being subservient or under the control of men?

See where I am coming from? wink2.gif

Edited by Babs

I can't stand people who are so obsessed with gender, or colour that they make a big deal out of this kind of thing..."God was black!" or "Jesus was really the puppet of his wife! She was the real leader!"...I mean for crying out loud...

God, that being the Christian God, would have been portrayed as a man. Any being given absolute authority in those times would, quite frankly, have been male...the idea of a woman with power simply would never have entered into the minds of society at that time.

One thing's for sure, if we are headed back to the matriarchal society, there won't be any more wars!

Babs, you live in a fantasy world tongue.gif There have been many female leaders in recent history, and most of them have either led their nation to war, or started ethnicly cleansing their neighbours.

471544[/snapback]

My generation did all the hard work for women and Seraphina thinks she can rest on all 'our' laurels.

You are ungrateful, Seraphina, and you always come off as someone who isn't living in the real world.

I can't stand people who are so obsessed with gender, or colour that they make a big deal out of this kind of thing..."God was black!" or "Jesus was really the puppet of his wife! She was the real leader!"...I mean for crying out loud...

God, that being the Christian God, would have been portrayed as a man. Any being given absolute authority in those times would, quite frankly, have been male...the idea of a woman with power simply would never have entered into the minds of society at that time.

One thing's for sure, if we are headed back to the matriarchal society, there won't be any more wars!

Babs, you live in a fantasy world tongue.gif There have been many female leaders in recent history, and most of them have either led their nation to war, or started ethnicly cleansing their neighbours.

471544[/snapback]

My generation did all the hard work for women and Seraphina thinks she can rest on all 'our' laurels.

You are ungrateful, Seraphina, and you always come off as someone who isn't living in the real world.

472032[/snapback]

this is just as sexist as the men who consider god to be a man and man above woman. you are saying that a women created man and woman ruled the planet and should still be...........

hypocrite

man=woman

Yeah.. god is a woman because it needs to have sex to reproduce baby gods... rolleyes.gif

Then why shouldn't he be referred to as she, a loving mother? Surely your mother is just as loving as your father or even more loving.

Easy for you to say...you're a guy.  Think about what it would feel like and be like for you if the tables were turned?

What difference does it matter? If that matters sooooo much to you then by all means call god a she. Do you want bragging rights or something? "Hey all you ******* men, bow down and be grateful, because a WOMAN made everything you hold true and dear! Ha ha!" Seriously, who cares?

true. Did you know that in the hebrew, Adam was man,

but woman was also called adam at the time of creation.

Therefore, when God said "rule the earth" it was meant for

both Adams. 'Wo' came from womb. Added the man and you

get Woman. Man is God's first creation, but is no exuse for

sexist.

Babs, femanism, and militant femanism, are very different things. I have no reason whatsoever to be grateful to militant femanists, because I believe they are in fact hurting the image of women in the world.

Besides, how old are you exactly? huh.gif When were you living over here in the UK during the suffragette movement? huh.gif

You don't believe I live in "the real world" because I disagree with just about every word that comes out of your mouth...I might even be willing to entertain the possibility of my being mistaken if almost everyone else on the forum didn't disagree with every word that comes out of your mouth too tongue.gif

joc....

I have seen men change their sometimes sexist attitudes (not that I am saying you are sexist) when they have daughters. Men see their daughters not given the same educational opportunities... or they see the censorship of women in so manyother areas. Men have seen the bias through their daughters and change their views. It is sad.

This article I brought up wasn't about feminism....we're talking history here.

Seraphina...I am not a hard-core feminist, remember what I have said...I don't think women should be on the front-lines in war. Hard-core feminists do. Another thing Sera does, is invoke every one of her friends to her side to 'argue me' grin2.gif because she can't do it on her own. thumbsup.gif

Sera writes:

...because I disagree with just about every word that comes out of your mouth...
That's because you are only 19 years old. Teenagers naturally rebel. wink2.gif

And the suffragette movement was here too Seraphina. You act like a princess. ohmy.gif

I am a lot older than you. ....You know women never tell their age, I am a 'feminine' type. blush.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Edited by Babs

Another thing Sera does, is invoke everyone of her friends to her side to 'argue me

I do no such thing huh.gif They come on their own because most of what you say is so mind numbingly stupid huh.gif Anyway, this from the one who has made a career on the board out of either outright ignoring the questions people pose to her, or simply vanishing from the thread? tongue.gif

How many threads have gotten locked shortly after your intervention? huh.gif The number is truly staggering...however, allow me to impart a couple of facts on you here...

You started a thread full of....your....well, your usual quality of jargon tongue.gif What I posted was a series of facts about the role evolution has played in the roles of each gender in society...

Your responce is to talk about how "ungrateful" I am....although what exactly you've done personally that I'm supposed to be grateful for has yet to be revealed to me huh.gif

Now you could, if you actually have the capacity to understand them, pass some comment on my take on how biology has affected our social development...at the very least, you could try and say something intelligent.

Look to my post above, I added some things.

I have worked for the womens' movement for years and am a women's advocate. I work, still, with battered women and stalking victms. What have you done for womankind?

Seraphina....And talk about patterns...you have a pattern too! Whenever there is an argument on a thread and it is in trouble and about to be closed down, you come on and say, "I see a pattern here...and it's wherever Babs is." I assume this is to give more leverage to you in getting me banned... or to help shut down the thread and say it's all my fault.

Face it, you are intimidated!

Now, so as not to get this thread shut down, which seems to be what you are trying to do, I am going to move on and stay on topic.

Edited by Babs

Babs, are you trying to turn this into some kind of "nah nah nah-nah nah! I do more than you do!" arguement? huh.gif

However, since you asked...

That's because you are only 19 years old. Teenagers naturally rebel.

Babs, your ability to weild sarcasm pales in comparrison to my own. I'd advice you not to try and bring it into this thread, you would likely find it a most painful experience.

And the suffragette movement was here too Seraphina. You act like a princess.

So? I wasn't over there huh.gif You still havn't given me a reason to be grateful to you tongue.gif

I am a lot older than you.

Yes, I'm aware of that...in fact, you remind me of the concept that, as a person tends towards old age, they begin to revert back to a childlike state.

What have you done for womankind?

Unlike you, I make no distinction between mankind and womenkind. If I were to attempt something, I would rather believe it would be for the betterment of humanity in general.

As a biology student...or to be more specific of microbiology and genetics, it's quite likely I'm going to end up working in a lab later in life. There, I shall likely be involved in either research, or production...one way or another I shall be helping to make advances in the feild of science - in layman's terms (that being yours) I'll be part of the huge army moving mankind forward as a whole tongue.gif

However, we digress....do you have any comment on my belief that evolution has affected the development of each gender's role in society?

Face it, you are intimidated!

Woa woa woa woa woa...backing up a moment....what exactly is it you think I'm intimidated by? huh.gif

Edited by Seraphina

Let's have you contribute to the thread instead of arguing all the time. I give you the floor. I would like to hear everyone's opinion as well as learn. original.gif

I have already made full use of the floor Miss Babs, and have asked you several times now for some feedback on the opinion I gave. Instead, you managed to take us several miles off course with some talk about your great contribution to "womankind".

I took the time to read your article...I then posted up my take on gender roles, as determined by evolution...there is nothing more to add, unless you wish me to clarify any of the points I made.

Now...do you, or do you not have anything to answer to it?