Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'god was female'

Babs

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• zandore

• SilverCougar

• LoVer_Of_GoD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my studies,

I remember that men saw the female as the most important gender because she gave birth. Men couldn't bring life into the world, so naturally the woman was dominate or most important to society. The woman had the children and she was the figure in charge or in authority...everything_ property and possessions were in her name. Even her children had her name. (it's sad today women can't have their child in their name and many women can't even name their child, the man does). Everything came down from the female line. When men down through the ages found out that they had a part in the birth process, namely fertilization (conception), things changed. This is when power changed hands. But that took many many eons to do....history was mostly feminine based.

Many men get upset by the fact that women give birth or bring life into the world because they feel it leaves them without purpose. Men have, as a gender, beat woman down because of this fact_ trying to elevate themselves.

I am glad that you will benefit society, Sera, but if you lock yourself away in a lab, you won't get to experience the female role.

Go out and get married and have a few kids, let the old man beat you up a few times and then come back and talk to me about the women's role. yes.gif

However, we digress....do you have any comment on my belief that evolution has affected the development of each gender's role in society?

Great Question Sera , naturally evolution has efected the developement of the role of each gender. Centuries of change and Automation have freed up the time on a womans and mans hands and yet we seem busier .

Earlier you brought up the idea of most caveman style mating being done by force . This doesn't take into account the ability of humans to fall in love . The levels of estrogen in a mans body increase to almost similar amounts of a woman for the first few years of a relationship making them more balanced and gentle . Allthough wewhere obviously less civilised chances are we still underwent the same if not similar physiological changes when we where near someone we where attracted to.

Also if i where being raped and pilliged on a regular basis I would sure as hell be staying away frm anything that even remotely resembled that same danger , in short the kind of by force mating we think of would not have been very productive and probably didn't happen as often as we might think .

Then again woman tend to organise there Men this appears to be a natural balance of things , we treat them like our essential pack mules we couldn't live with out them they are stronger and larger and know how to get the lid of the jam jar when we need it . they are our protectors and would have assumed this role more openly than the role of agressor.

And allthough I understand your distaste toward overly zelous womans liberationists I believe we still have a long way to go before reaching true equallity .

A story to prove a point ... My husband started a job working in a garden center . The only man amongst a staff of 20 . Yes he is envied by many other men but he walked into that job and with out even asking was given a wage $2.00 an hour higher than the ladies who work there . i'm not silly we won't turn it down but some of these ladies had worked there for almost 20 years . The problems still need to be adressed because some of these masculine ideals are still ingrained in society.

Babs working with battered Woman I would think you are aware that there are patterns to that life style and the woman also need to be retrained in the way they view men . Abusive relationships are never one sided and we place to much negativity on Men for this role in society . We need to name the problems so we can fix them , we can't allways go over and over the same territory .My point being I don't know any Woman who do not know abuse is wrong , but I know very few who understand the role of the victim in an abusive relationship.

allright small novel complete and no blood shed lets see if we can keep it that way .original.gif

Edited by Kismit

Surely your mother is just as loving as your father or even more loving.

Note the sexist attitude right there. Babs doesnt accept that a woman could very well be less lovign than a father. She says that a mother is just as loving as a father, or more loving... but not possibly less loving.

My generation did all the hard work for women and Seraphina thinks she can rest on all 'our' laurels.

Your generation? How about you? You seem like a person that sits on the sidelines and takes credit for everything.

You are ungrateful, Seraphina, and you always come off as someone who isn't living in the real world.

Only to you... to people actually living in the real world, she seems like a good member of it.

If that matters sooooo much to you then by all means call god a she.

Yeah, I mean, jeez, theres freedom of belief... you can believe god is a she all you want... that doesnt mean every belief should change their gods to females though.

I have seen men change their sometimes sexist attitudes (not that I am saying you are sexist) when they have daughters. Men see their daughters not given the same educational opportunities... or they see the censorship of women in so manyother areas. Men have seen the bias through their daughters and change their views. It is sad.

Oh please. "The world is such a sexist place!", bs. The civilised world seems quite balanced, especially Canada.

Oh, wait... maybe I should start complaining that the worlds biased! I mean, gee, I dont think Hooters is going to hire me as a waiter?!

I don't think women should be on the front-lines in war.

And you're complaining about sexism?

No... women shouldnt be on the front-lines! Send the men there! rolleyes.gif

My husband started a job working in a garden center . The only man amongst a staff of 20 . Yes he is envied by many other men but he walked into that job and with out even asking was given a wage $2.00 an hour higher than the ladies who work there .

Wait, you're saying that the instant he was hired he got a raise?

See? i hate sexistism (doubt that's a word, but you get the idea.) Why is it when i guy is biased towards a guy (let's use a raise for an example) he is respected. BUT, when doing the same towards the female part of the staff it seems he's just trying to get closer to them. Why can someone just give the raise to those who deserve it?

I remember that men saw the female as the most important gender because she gave birth. Men couldn't bring life into the world, so naturally the woman was dominate or most important to society. The woman had the children and she was the figure in charge or in authority...everything_ property and possessions were in her name. Even her children had her name. (it's sad today women can't have their child in their name and many women can't even name their child, the man does). Everything came down from the female line. When men down through the ages found out that they had a part in the birth process, namely fertilization (conception), things changed. This is when power changed hands. But that took many many eons to do....history was mostly feminine based.

Many men get upset by the fact that women give birth or bring life into the world because they feel it leaves them without purpose. Men have, as a gender, beat woman down because of this fact_ trying to elevate themselves.

no no no men beat women because of power. it is a psychological problem,

to men in the past women have always been the lower forms of lives. for example the middle ages, particularly the middle east. men can marry as much women as they want. this woulld not be the case if they worshipped women. Why do you think women had to fight for their rights?

history was mostly feminine based.

show some proof for this claim, what time period, what people, what culture?

What have you done for womankind?

Maybe nothing? Maybe she doesnt want to help a gender, but all people instead, regardless of their gender?

Yes, I'm aware of that...in fact, you remind me of the concept that, as a person tends towards old age, they begin to revert back to a childlike state.

Ooh, I've gotta remember that one!

devil.gif

(it's sad today women can't have their child in their name and many women can't even name their child, the man does)

You do know that many women keep their name... they can give their name to their child or use both mother and fathers name? They can decide on the name of the child aswell as the man... Theres no rule in the civilized world that says that they cant do that stuff...

This, after you just said that women beat men down because they were seen as elevated above men...

Go out and get married and have a few kids, let the old man beat you up a few times and then come back and talk to me about the women's role.

If she's unlucky enough that that happens to her, then she can also divorce him and have him arrested. What, do you think that its legal for a man to beat a woman? What about when a woman beats a man? Be it mentally or physically? What about that? That doesnt happen? Face it, there are women that beat men, and men that beat women. There are bad apples in each bunch, but that doesnt make society sexist.

No Janiel , he never asked for a pay rise he ahd never worked there , they had no proof he would be capable of greater production and he had no experience . Why do you think they gave him a wage of $2.00 more?

becuase he was male , from a female perspective thats wrong . If he had of beaten them fair and squre by being more productive or having a greater knowlege of the job then good on him , but he didn't.

And men probably wouldn't be bigger and stronger than us either tongue.gif

I mean for crying out loud...I'm not a femanist for starters - I believe, by and large, we already have the equality and recognition that we fought for, and I see femanists nowadays as fighting for superiority, not equality...

But anyway, before I digress....society spent as long as it did controlled my men for one simple reason: evolution. If you look at any social mammal in the world, you will find that the males as the leaders of the group...bigger, stronger, and (almost always) the hunters.

There are some notable exceptions, such as lions that, though they live in social groups, the females do the hunting. However, even then, the male is the one that controls the territory, and he's the one that gets first rights to dinner tongue.gif

Why on earth do they think humans evolved any differently? Males would have been the social superior of females right from the get go...that's how the animal kingdom works. All these fantasies some femanists have of some ancient matriachal society simply don't fit in with how our species (and any given mammalian species you can think of) is designed. It simply couldn't happen.

"We women folk are going to take over!" says the 5'4, 120lbs woman, after she's gotten fed up staying at the cave all day, keeping the little ones from running away.

"To hell with that," says the 6'2, 220lbs hunter.

Revolution over.

471759[/snapback]

Here's a link for you....

....amazon warrior women were real! They hunted food, hunted and killed men and were feared and respected by men throughout the known regions of the times. These women were fierce, people thought that this was a big myth. They couldn't understand how women could kill and be aggressive, like you can't understand. Thus, they thought it was just a tale, a myth...folklore.

These women existed and can be traced up to today. How many other things have science said didn't exist... or denied? A scientist has found the lineage. yes.gif

here

Wait, you're saying that the instant he was hired he got a raise?

See? i hate sexistism (doubt that's a word, but you get the idea.) Why is it when i guy is biased towards a guy (let's use a raise for an example) he is respected. BUT, when doing the same towards the female part of the staff it seems he's just trying to get closer to them. Why can someone just give the raise to those who deserve it?

Interesting you mention that. Apparently, some people in this world believe that if a women makes more money than a man, its because she deserves it, but when a man makes more money than a woman, its because society is sexist... and vice versa.

no no no men beat women because of power. it is a psychological problem,

When someone is "built up", in this case, men, they've got more testosterone, which causes aggressiveness.

becuase he was male , from a female perspective thats wrong . If he had of beaten them fair and squre by being more productive or having a greater knowlege of the job then good on him , but he didn't.

472417[/snapback]

Well, I'm not female, but i think it's wrong. If i were offered a raise just because i was male, i would decline...in a heartbeat.

amazon warrior women were real! They hunted food, hunted and killed men and were feared and respected by men throughout the known regions of the times. These women were fierce, people thought that this was a big myth. They couldn't understand how women could kill and be aggressive, like you can't understand. Thus, they thought it was just a tale, a myth...folklore.

These women existed and can be traced up to today. How many other things have science said didn't exist... or denied? A scientist has found the lineage

thats it? all this just based on the amazones?

They couldn't understand how women could kill and be aggressive, like you can't understand

this clearly says something about that men never worshipped women

Apparently, some people in this world believe that if a women makes more money than a man, its because she deserves it, but when a man makes more money than a woman, its because society is sexist... and vice versa.

or more corectly that some mebers of society are sexist and that the issues do arise still from time to time . If I can do the same job as a Man then I expect the same wage , people shouldn't be viewed in all cases as Men or women as Seraphina pointed out earlier . However we also can't blindly believe that equality has been reached when these Woman who are being payed less also have families to provide for .

Well, I'm not female, but i think it's wrong. If i were offered a raise just because i was male, i would decline...in a heartbeat.

No you wouldn't Janiel , more money buys more pepsi tongue.gif

Edited by Kismit

Another thing Sera...

....you say that everyone disagrees with me.... and you have said everyone thinks that I am a moron on this board. These are your words. Well, if that is true, everyone sure wants to hear what I say! wink2.gif

I just put this thread on yesterday and look at the views! w00t.gif

1168 views (there's another pattern for ya' Seraphina.)

Edited by Babs

babs said:

"God was female for the first 200,000 years of human life on Earth."

i write:

well, you mean god had a sex change????? to me your claim is nothing more than a faith based on belief. all these other posts trying to claim "this and that" seems like silly ideas to push females above males and vice versa.

Edited by RaginCajun

or more corectly that some mebers of society are sexist and that the issues do arise still from time to time .

Yes, some members of society are sexist... I did say that... but society as a whole is not.

If I can do the same job as a Man then I expect the same wage , people shouldn't be viewed in all cases as Men or women as Seraphina pointed out earlier .

Exactly. And if a man makes more than you simply because he's a man, you can take the company to court over it.

Please don't turn this into a playground fight Babs.

!!! I had such a good comeback too! :@

Janiel, you would decline a pay raise because of you being a male? Sorry hun, but you probably wouldn't know what the average women was being paid. wink2.gif

My sister is currently in a law suit against a large corporation. She was vice president of the company and she found out that all of the male employees below her were making more than she was. It's a very common practice that I have experienced myself.

However we also can't blindly believe that equality has been reached when these Woman who are being payed less also have families to provide for .

Unfortunately Kismit I can also name jobs men find it harder to get into, because its not seen as a male job to do. There is inequality, but its not jsut to women...whcih I think is what some people do like to believe. There are times when both sides are treated unfairly based on sex.....

Okay, sorry about that, had stuff to do around home, but I'll get back down to stuff here now...

I remember that men saw the female as the most important gender because she gave birth. Men couldn't bring life into the world, so naturally the woman was dominate or most important to society.

Now Babs, this might shock you, but humans aren't the only species on the planet that have the female giving birth tongue.gif Why exactly do you think humans break free of the template that applies to every other social animal?

By your arguement of women "providing life", I could equally argue that men, being the ones that hunted and caught the food, were in fact the ones providing life. That takes us back to square one on that front tongue.gif

So, we're left with biology again...that being the ideas I already put forward.

When men down through the ages found out that they had a part in the birth process, namely fertilization (conception), things changed.

So...you believe that early man had no idea that them....doing the deed...had something to do with birth? The fact that women only became pregant afterwards simply slipped their notice.

Every organism on the planet that uses sexual reproduction understands the fundamentals of it...they understand that, when cave man A bonks cave woman B, that the child that's born will be theirs. If animals (mankind included) did not understand this basic concept, then it is very unlikely that you would see, anywhere in the animal kindgom, males making an effort to protect their young.

history was mostly feminine based.

What version of history is this exacty? huh.gif

I am glad that you will benefit society, Sera, but if you lock yourself away in a lab, you won't get to experience the female role.

Go out and get married and have a few kids, let the old man beat you up a few times and then come back and talk to me about the women's role.

You think that's the human role? huh.gif

Babs, I'm sorry to say, but I think you've been adversly affected by the line of work you're in...very few marraiges involve physical abuse...and only a tiny percentage of men are likely to be in any way inclined to beat up their loved ones huh.gif

I'm beginning to feel that your veiw of the world has been greatly jaded by the experiences you've had dealing with battered wives...this particual veiw of yours sounds to me like paranioa huh.gif

Okay, ever onward...

Earlier you brought up the idea of most caveman style mating being done by force . This doesn't take into account the ability of humans to fall in love .

Early humans would simply have lived in social groups, struggling for ownership one peice of territory or another. Reproduction would have had nothing to do with love, and more "quick, let's pass on our genes, before a predator finds us."

In nature, love is not productive...love is a concept invented by modern society, because we no longer consider it socially acceptable to get down and dirty with the first person you see of the opposite sex, and then part ways and never meet each other again...sex, by most people, is seen as a means of showing a commitment to someone. That doesn't mean that's the way nature designed us.

In any event, forced sex would probably have been a means of tribal warfare. To the males of one group, there couldn't be a better idea that raping the females of another group, spreading your genes further and wider. The natural world is a pretty gritty, unkind place tongue.gif

Only to you... to people actually living in the real world, she seems like a good member of it.

Thank you Stellar, I try my best tongue.gif

No you wouldn't Janiel , more money buys more pepsi tongue.gif

472443[/snapback]

Yes, it does. But, I won't accept money i don't deserve.

Janiel, you would decline a pay raise because of you being a male? Sorry hun, but you probably wouldn't know what the average women was being paid. wink2.gif

472465[/snapback]

I do know, but I'm saying if i were in the same field as a female, same sallery etc. and i got a raise for doing nothing, just being male. I would decline.

I saw this 'amazon warrior women' on tv; it was amazing. blink.gif These women cut off one of their breasts to position the bow and arrow for hunting... and war activities. They would hunt animals and kill men. ph34r.gif

Amazon women would protect their communtity of women and children by killing anyone that threatened it. They would use men to reproduce, then kill them.

I saw this 'amazon warrior women' on tv; it was amazing. blink.gif  These women cut off one of their breasts to position the bow and arrow for hunting... and war activities. They would hunt animals and kill men. ph34r.gif 

Amazon women would protect their communtity of women and children by killing anyone that threatened it. They would use men to reproduce, then kill them.

472511[/snapback]

so what is the topic here??? amazons and how they live? human race and how we reproduce? men and women at work?

the human race is still so "savage". evident on here.