Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'god was female'

Babs

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• zandore

• SilverCougar

• LoVer_Of_GoD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No.. Deal.

*puts Joc in frilly lace*

You all good ol' boys are welcome any time... wink2.gif

This thread is just too sensitive for me. blush.gif

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the 'Women Only Chat' forum? tongue.gif

475077[/snapback]

Joc, you must be trying to get in touch with your feminine side...

(Rumor has it you touch your feminine side too much tongue.gif )

Dai-am Fluffy!

Hotoke...thanks for the link on the amazon warriors. Still going over it.

You asked what this subject has to do with a female god? I brought the warrior women into it in response to Sera's post on how how she thought, or how her studies have led her to think, that the male gender is the better suited or the only gender that can hunt and kill.

I also think that the earth is millions, even billions years old and civilizations have come and gone. We know that many civilizations revered the female and I wonder how much science has swept under the rug.... or not pursued because of their world-views. Science is not prejudice-free, you know. If it doesn't fit their program, they ignore it! Which comes to my point..."god could very well have been a female".

475065[/snapback]

I think the point was being made that Men were "built" for hunting and such, and women kinda have to work at it a little to attain the same physical stature right from the get go. I stand by previous statement that women are built to be care providers. Mothers, Lovers, and Healers. But please don't think I'm a Pig or anything. As I've stated previously on this post. I respect all women and whatever place they choose in our society. We are equal, and we NEED each other. thumbsup.gif

I think that the mens stature and "build" can be atribuited to the hormones. A women whit male homrmones will be equal or more "build" than a regular men. Both sex can be engage in all the works, be hunting, healing or caring the childs. You you see wonens hunting? i see, and they are very good, they have a good sense of orientation and stealth.

I think that the mens stature and "build" can be atribuited to the hormones. A women whit male homrmones will be equal or more "build" than a regular men. Both sex can be engage in all the works, be hunting, healing or caring the childs. You you see wonens hunting? i see, and they are very good, they have a good sense of orientation and stealth.

475575[/snapback]

YES, but men are naturally "built" with more "TESTOSTERONE" than women. This makes the body develope in different ways. When women go and work out all the time, their Testosterone levels rise. Like I said, women for the most part have to work at attaining the same stature as a man (muscle ratio). Men are born with a high level of testosterone and it more than triples when they reach puberty. The chemical which is dominant in a woman, is Estrogen. This also causes their bodies to develope differently (Breasts, figure, skin, etc...). The chemicals in our bodies make for us to excel in different areas of life. But, as mother nature has made it, it can be changed with a little work. thumbsup.gif

the world is 4 + billion years old

* cries  *

a god was not on the earth 200,000 years ago... this has been proven. PROVEN< FACT< FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( sorry bout my childish rant LoL )

it does not matter what you say, the earth is over 4 billion years old. live with it and stop lying to your self you look stupid

471399[/snapback]

Calm down!

Kismit...

I see you are talking about a stage that the battered woman goes through, but I wasn't talking about that. And not all battered women go through this stage. blink.gif  Not all battered women do this, Kismit. And the ones that do, have only the male batterer to blame for this (her) behavior. She is in no way responsible.

The very important point is:  the male is the agressor, and the male does the worst physical damage. A woman can lose her life in a violent relationship...and many women do lose their lives. Every day.

475050[/snapback]

I would beg to differ on this. Yes most of the time the male IS the aggressor but not ALL of the time. The last LADY I was seeing tried to cut me with a knife, run me over with her car, punch me , and kick me while I was trying to get away. I am 5 foot 6inch and 170 lbs She is 5 foot and maybe 120 soaking wet. At no time did it ever occur to me to hit or slap her in any way. I know that abuse happens but it is not always male on female and I stand by my belief that it NEVER SHOULD HAPPEN EVER.

PS We have not been together for 2 years now. I left the abusive situation on a dead run and never looked back.

Edited by zandore

zandore...I have talked before about female batterers before. However, there are not that many! And the female batterer gets her behavior from 'growing up' in a violent home. She saw Dad hit mom or her brother beat up people in the family. Or the entire family fought. And some women after being battered go through a period of 'acting out' in a violent manner (violence is a learned thing, unless you are a sociopath or have a mental illness).

I understand you feeling the way you do, I had a male friend, big guy, that went through the same thing. Men don't get the attention women do in these kind of situations, although you can call your local battered women's shelter and get the number of a men's group that work with batterers... and that work with men who have been battered by other men or women.

The reason men don't get the attention is because of the level of deadly force you have with a male as the aggressor. The male can instill deadly fear into a woman. Even if a man doesn't kill a woman, the beatings and the threats and the false imprisonments (women held captive by their men) and rapes compromise a woman's immune system. Many women over the course of time have developed cancer, heart disease, etc. etc. when they have been in these violent relationships. Many women can't get out of them because a man threatens to kill them and/or their children.

So, unfortunaletly, if a man doesn't kill a woman one way he can get her another. Also, many women are stalked by their men and go through so much stress that they have come down with cancer and other life-threatening diseases.

It is very sad. The over-all fear and chance of bodily harm and rape or murder is ever present with a male batterer.

When was the last time a man was raped? Or had to run to a 'help phone' in the parking lot because a woman was accosting him?

I am totally against "spouse abuse" either way it goes. I have help a fare number of woman over the years to know what you are talking about and I agree with you.

I am totally against "spouse abuse" either way it goes. I have help a fare number of woman over the years to know what you are talking about and I agree with you.

482480[/snapback]

My friend, the battered man, tries to help battered women, too, because of his experience. He sees many in his profession. He is a paramedic. (That's how I met him).

Edited by Babs

Yes Babs, sadly they do . But we can't fix the problem by calling Men agressors. We can however make some head way by calling Abusers , "Abusers" .

Exactly . I just read through this I dont see why Babs is taking such a messed up position .

I have talked before about female batterers before. However, there are not that many!

This info may be old....but I still want to pass it on....

"The most recent government survey under the White House backed National Violence Against Women Act found

835,000 annual male victims of domestic violence as well as 1.5 million women victims. In other words, the largest most recent government survey whose purpose was to discover how much violence there is against women-actually found out that men make up 35% of domestic violence victims.

Some couples engage in a repeated pattern of mutual serious abuse, in other pairings there is only one victim. Many women and men return time and time again to abusive relationships. Women do get injured more often, but male injuries, because of the frequent use of objects by women, can also be serious or deadly. The overwhelming majority of men and women have never been abused by a partner. "

http://www.cyberparent.com/abuse/abuseupdate.htm

I am calling them the aggressor because they are usually the aggressive one. I can call them abusers, batterers, violent men....whatever the situation calls for. You use different words or terms for different situations, but usually we call them batterers (or abusers). But when you say abuser that doesn't cover the abuser very well, because you have physical abusers and emotional abusers... and othen you have abusers that do it all!

Subtemperate: for every documented case there are tons of cases that are not reported. Many male batterers would kill or put a woman in the hospital if she TOLD. There are some statisitcs out there that are deceiving, in that, they don't take into account the true dynamics of domestic violence. I have many statistics going the other direction....Statistics change constantly, also.

There are battered women shelters for a reason. ph34r.gif A man doesn't have to hide or need financial help like a woman and he doesn't have kids. Plus, he's not usually 'on the run' from a violent woman. Not many men have to go underground to get away from a violent woman as many of these poor gals have to hide from an enraged violent man. In fact, I haven't heard of any men going underground to escape a deadly situation at home. No, when a man is violent toward a woman, it is a much different and very serious situation.

I remember a day at the shelter when a badly beaten woman had come in, she had been beaten by her boyfriend. They put her upstairs. The next day I came through the front door and everyone was silent. I asked what was wrong. They told me she had died during the night.

Edited by Babs

I guess I should have started a domestic violence thread. Anyone have anything to say about the topic? grin2.gif

I am not debating you on your position on this matter, In fact I commend it. Have you ever looked to see if there was any thing out there for battered men? With numbers like that there has to be. Just look and see. It is possible your opinion might change on that issue.

PS. we are off topic. original.gif

Edited by zandore

I am not debating you on your position on this matter, In fact I commend it. Have you ever looked to see if there was any thing out there for battered men? With numbers like that there has to be. Just look and see. It is possible your opinion might change on that issue.

482713[/snapback]

Guys get beaten up as well. According to my aunt who's an ER surgeon, they get like 7 or 8 male to 10 female victims of domestic violence...

This seems to be an interesting subject, I posted the same thing on a different topic earlier.

And now on topic:

Anthropologicaly speaking, the first religions were matriarchal and lunar, based on the mysteries of childbirth. It was not generally understod that sex and reproduction were connected - most primitive humans probably had difficulty in remembering random sexual acts for nine months (no Filofax back tehn) but they were aware of the connection between pregnancy, menstruation and moon cycles. So female lunar godesse were the primary divinities.

After centuries of nomadic life people discovered agriculture and started to settle down. Tribes became bigger and better organised and in the meanwhile men figured out they had something to do with reproduction of the species so gradually the balance changed to a patriarchal system. The sun was more important now, for it was he who ripened the crops that kept the tribe alive. The Sun was a terrible and mighty god who rose every morning and died every night. Religion became solar in nature with the mysteries of death and rebirth forming its ceremonies. Jesus dying and being reborn is a good example of a sun-based teaching

482713[/snapback]

No, there are no battered men shelters. Society doesn't see the need for it. There are programs for violent men at institutions like the YWCA. Call your local homeless shelter or YMCA, they will be able to help battered men get connections or contacts that lead to counseling.

Thank you for your post, I really appreciate it. You have made me feel good. original.gif

Aumha....thank you. That is very interesting information about the matriarchal societies.

Guys get beaten up as well. According to my aunt who's an ER surgeon, they get like 7 or 8 male to 10 female victims of domestic violence...
No, there are no battered men shelters. Society doesn't see the need for it.
It is just as sad, FEMALE or MALE.

PS If there is a God, God was a Female back then but it sure thing he is Male now

God is a girl. She's a boy too. and a cat. the moon. our hearts. our eyes. She's everything and all of us are parts of her. We need her and She needs and loves us. We are kinda like tiny molecules that are part of her whole being....each of us so tiny, so fragile....but as important to her as stars. But She does think, I think, and enough to be aware of us and love us. every molecule of her.