Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'god was female'

Babs

I could to a point understand worshiping the moon or even a cat, but our own eyes or heart? To far out there but then to each their own I guess.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• zandore

• SilverCougar

• LoVer_Of_GoD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it would be crazy to worship every little piece of God. Just as we only mourn those we knew when they die, rather than try to grieve at all loss, to keep from going mad. There is a difference, I think, between worship and reverence/appreciation. We can worship the God, and appreciate and love her parts( i did not mean that to sound like perverted or anything)....which is everything else. us.

Do you truly beleive god will be of either gender, knowing of the power, strength, and nature of him? Do you not think he will have an exsitence beyond our minds until we die and experience paradise?

I do think so too. But I feel she is aware. Not male. not female. just everything. And our paradise, I hope, is just to be part of her again and be aware too.

Something I've noticed, Shannon.

Despite the fact we both beleive god has no gender, why did we both refer to him as part of our own gender in those posts.

I think it's :

1: A mark of respect.

2: We want to identifty with him more.

That's a really good question. I think you are right. Or maybe it's just how we identify our own little existence/piece of Her. hmmmmmm. good question.

God doesn't have a gender. Like Walken said, People just say "Him" or "He" ect. because it sounds more better then "it". It sounds more familiar

Beliefs of today are the offspring of the beliefs of ancient times, they developed with us and will continue to grow with us and our understanding of the universe. Some will become obsolete (like the rain and thunder gods of old), some will adapt to the change but the most beautiful thing of all - oh ye people - is that today we are free to believe whatever the heck we feel is right! It does get a bit untidy with everyone having their own version of life universe and everything but what the heck. Who knows, we may soon agree that god is an equation grin2.gif

God doesn't have a gender. Like Walken said, People just say "Him" or "He" ect. because it sounds more better then "it". It sounds more familiar

Could not agree more.

Beliefs of today are the offspring of the beliefs of ancient times, they developed with us and will continue to grow with us and our understanding of the universe. Some will become obsolete (like the rain and thunder gods of old), some will adapt to the change but the most beautiful thing of all - oh ye people - is that today we are free to believe whatever the heck we feel is right! It does get a bit untidy with everyone having their own version of life universe and everything but what the heck. Who knows, we may soon agree that god is an equation grin2.gif

486096[/snapback]

Or maybe the belief of such omnipotent and omniscient entity could have been sparked by a hearing of such entity to a known human in the bible, Abraham. God spoke to Abraham somewhere in the Fertile Crescent in like...a long time ago, so the origin of religion can vary in such...

I too agree, but i'm open to hear why people think he does have a gender...

God is a girl. She's a boy too. and a cat. the moon. our hearts. our eyes. She's everything and all of us are parts of her. We need her and She needs and loves us. We are kinda like tiny molecules that are part of her whole being....each of us so tiny, so fragile....but as important to her as stars. But She does think, I think, and enough to be aware of us and love us. every molecule of her.

485358[/snapback]

This is so beautiful. I imagine I respond to god 'as a she' more because I am female. This opens my heart in a deeply profound way_the way you are talking when you address god as a "she".

I think our emotions are tapped more when you think of 'god as female'_ well maybe mine are anyway, because I am female. But maybe the response is so deep because we all relate to the 'all-important' mother.

I think we've already gone through why people who don't beleive he/she has a gender still refer to he/she as a he/she, but does anyopne genuinley beleive he's a guy or a gal?

Awaiting a response.

wasnt the original interpretation goddess instead of god?I heard that somewhere.But also I think God as a man because of all the **** that happens in the world....suffering and all.

What are you implying, Seeking? Are you saying that men cause suffering? I would be very eager to discuss this with you. As eager as I am to call you a sexist hypocritical so and so.

Hellsteeth if god is a woman i'm in deep sh#t.............i'v been a very bad boy and a woman will only forgive so much HA HA HA

no i am far from a sexist.I am just a male teen from the suburbs.I have discussed this in a differant thread.I just believe most problems are caused by men.Woman start problems too,I just believe men cause more IMHO.

No reason for the name calling innocent.gif

Agreed Seeking.

My response to this thread is that God cannot possibly be a woman, because only a male god could screw up this badly. laugh.gif

Agreed Seeking.

My response to this thread is that God cannot possibly be a woman, because only a male god could screw up this badly. laugh.gif

487931[/snapback]

I laughed so hard I almost coughed my lung up... >.<

yeah I know it's true... please take pitty on a poor sick cougar though!

What are you implying, Seeking? Are you saying that men cause suffering? I would be very eager to discuss this with you. As eager as I am to call you a sexist hypocritical so and so.

487330[/snapback]

Wow, it turns out Seeking is wiser than his years. Walken, were you thinking Seeking was a female? cool.gif