Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Black Red Devil

What countries have you visited?

Recommended Posts

Black Red Devil

Apart from Australia, I've been to Europe, to Spain (including Gran Canary Islands), Portugal, Italy, France, UK (only London), Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria.  I've been to the US and Mexico (only Tijuana).  I've been to South Africa, Singapore & New Zealand.  I think that's it.  I loved France, Portugal is nice and cheap, Switzerland and Austria are like postcards.  Singapore is green and probably the best people I found are in New Zealand.  Roads in the US are really well structured and the natural beauty of the Gran Canyon was spectacular.  I found Italians to be a bit abrupt in nature.  I'd love to visit Japan.

Where have you been, what did you like/dislike in those countries and what others do you wish to visit?  Flight stopovers don't count.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then

27 of the 50 states, Canada, China (Beijing and Guangzhou), Italy and Russia.  The Canadians were great except for the overly serious border guards who acted a bit like self-important prigs.  The Chinese were rude in the extreme and the air quality was the worst I've ever experienced. The Italians acted like they'd seen it all and sort of just looked past tourists like they weren't there, only their $ was  ;)  and Russia was truly a surprise.  I visited a small village named Yaroslavl at the junction of the Volga and the Kotorosl rivers.  It had a 1000-year-old monastery and the area was a green, clean and appealing as any place you could imagine.  The people weren't rude but they seemed depressed or angry at life in general.  I was actually treated much better in Russia than in China or even Italy.  The only place(s) left on my bucket list are N.Z. and Scotland.  I'd really love to spend a Christmas and Hogmanay in Scotland someday.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taun
Posted (edited)

Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, The Philipines, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Italy, Germany, Austria (very briefly), England, Wales (does that count?), Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Isreal, Turkey, Kuwait, Iraq and Jordan - Most of those were not really my idea... Courtesy of my Uncle Sam...

Canada was nice, not too horribly different from the US (probably iritate a few with that comment), Mexico was crowded and financially depressed (the parts I was in) but the people seemed nice... Guatemala was during the Disaster relief expedition in 1976 (huge earthquake) so everything was all torn up... The Philipines was hot and humid but the people were nice, Taiwan was really nice - the people were friendly and very easy to get along with plus the scenary was very nice as well... Japan - I lived there for almost 4 years and I really like Japan and the Japanese people - but it is extremely crowded, and the air was full of diesel fumes (probably much nicer now)... Korea - all I really saw was the "field" (tactical exercises - so dirt, trees, mud and the inside of a small tent) but the Korean people I met were also very nice... Singapore was waaaaay too crowded for this country boy! And it was a working visit (civilian job) so all I really saw was the inside of the factory, and my hotel room... I lived in Italy for just over a year - loved it... I was in Northern Italy near Venice... Germany was also nice - though I spent most of my two years there in the field (similar to Korea) - but the Germans I met were friendly and the scenery (The Swartzwald) was beautiful... Austria was brief visit at the invite of an Austrain friend so not much to say except the scenery was lovely and the beer was excellent (everything else is a bit fuzzy)... England - mostly I was in London and hanging out with a Londener who must have been on the all-England Drinking team - some fuzzy memories of London... But Stonehenge was worth the visit... Wales - Southern Wales anyway - was very nice and picturesque although the people seemed a bit stand-offish (might have just been me though) - Ireland... I would love to move there and stay... Beautiful land, friendly people and just enough open spaces to keep me from going nuts... Iceland - all I saw was the inside of a Navy base (and I was in the Army so that was weird) - another working visit... The Navy guys were a fun bunch though... Spain was hot, dry and full of beautiful women (and tough looking men that kept their eyes on me and my firends <_<)... Isreal was a working visit but left me time for sightseeing... The Isrealis I met were friendly and most had a sense of humor very similar to mine... Turkey was a working visit - so didn't get a chance to see much, I attended a military school in Jordan for several months - to acclimate to the regions cultures and languages - just prior to deployment... The Jordanian Soldiers I met were good people... Kuwait and Iraq was a year long (plus a bit) deployment and left me with opinions and experiences that probably woould not make a good vacation advert...

I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand - and oddly enough Antarctica though I would not want to winter over... Poland is also on my bucket list as is China, Norway and Scotland...

(I also had a month long "vacation" in Vietnam back many years ago - but never left Saigon...)

 

In the US, I've lived in 11 states, and visited 13 more (not counting just driving through) plus I lived in Puerto Rico for a year as a small child...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
44 minutes ago, Taun said:

Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, The Philipines, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Italy, Germany, Austria (very briefly), England, Wales (does that count?), Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Isreal, Turkey, Kuwait, Iraq and Jordan - Most of those were not really my idea... Courtesy of my Uncle Sam...

Canada was nice, not too horribly different from the US (probably iritate a few with that comment), Mexico was crowded and financially depressed (the parts I was in) but the people seemed nice... Guatemala was during the Disaster relief expedition in 1976 (huge earthquake) so everything was all torn up... The Philipines was hot and humid but the people were nice, Taiwan was really nice - the people were friendly and very easy to get along with plus the scenary was very nice as well... Japan - I lived there for almost 4 years and I really like Japan and the Japanese people - but it is extremely crowded, and the air was full of diesel fumes (probably much nicer now)... Korea - all I really saw was the "field" (tactical exercises - so dirt, trees, mud and the inside of a small tent) but the Korean people I met were also very nice... Singapore was waaaaay too crowded for this country boy! And it was a working visit (civilian job) so all I really saw was the inside of the factory, and my hotel room... I lived in Italy for just over a year - loved it... I was in Northern Italy near Venice... Germany was also nice - though I spent most of my two years there in the field (similar to Korea) - but the Germans I met were friendly and the scenery (The Swartzwald) was beautiful... Austria was brief visit at the invite of an Austrain friend so not much to say except the scenery was lovely and the beer was excellent (everything else is a bit fuzzy)... England - mostly I was in London and hanging out with a Londener who must have been on the all-England Drinking team - some fuzzy memories of London... But Stonehenge was worth the visit... Wales - Southern Wales anyway - was very nice and picturesque although the people seemed a bit stand-offish (might have just been me though) - Ireland... I would love to move there and stay... Beautiful land, friendly people and just enough open spaces to keep me from going nuts... Iceland - all I saw was the inside of a Navy base (and I was in the Army so that was weird) - another working visit... The Navy guys were a fun bunch though... Spain was hot, dry and full of beautiful women (and tough looking men that kept their eyes on me and my firends <_<)... Isreal was a working visit but left me time for sightseeing... The Isrealis I met were friendly and most had a sense of humor very similar to mine... Turkey was a working visit - so didn't get a chance to see much, I attended a military school in Jordan for several months - to acclimate to the regions cultures and languages - just prior to deployment... The Jordanian Soldiers I met were good people... Kuwait and Iraq was a year long (plus a bit) deployment and left me with opinions and experiences that probably woould not make a good vacation advert...

I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand - and oddly enough Antarctica though I would not want to winter over... Poland is also on my bucket list as is China, Norway and Scotland...

(I also had a month long "vacation" in Vietnam back many years ago - but never left Saigon...)

 

In the US, I've lived in 11 states, and visited 13 more (not counting just driving through) plus I lived in Puerto Rico for a year as a small child...

Wow Taun you HAVE been around.  I had to laugh at your Spanish experience.  Yeah women there are nice  that's why I bought sunnies with blinkers so I could get away with a perv or two before I got sprung by the Mrs (joking).  I was in a few places in Spain but we stayed almost a week in Barcelona.  There's a market inside La Rambla (the mall where a terrorist attack occurred 2 years ago).  Food was great and if you like your ham that's the place.  They've got ham's hanging everywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissJatti

Not many, Originally from India, been to Egypt, Canada, Germany, France, Majorca and Estonia. And so I be going Dubai!!!! UAE

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

I went on a day trip to Belgium once.   And had a holiday in Malta.  Both a very, very long time ago!

Apart from that, never been outside of Britain - and I have a lifetime's worth of places still to visit here!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016

Mostly the major capitals for historical reasons.  England (London), Scotland (Edinburgh), Northern Ireland (Belfast), Southern Ireland (Dublin), France (Paris), Germany (Berlin), USA (New York), and annual summer vacations to the Mediterranean islands Ibiza and Formentera.

Two countries on my wish list are Australia and Malta.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz
Posted (edited)

Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Scotland, England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Åland (Finnish Island)  Tenerife (Spanish Island) I have relatives in Australia and Melbourne one of my ancestors emigrated from Sweden in 1905 and the familys have kept intouch since then. I have been to Australia twice went to Melb, Sidney, Cairns, Darwin and i highly recommend it. Been to England many times since i have friends there both England and Scotland is a must.  the Scots is much like the Swedes :)

Places thats on my bucket list is the US and Canada, 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz

Loved Australia nice friendly people also went scuba diving on the barrier reef and went fishing in Cairns. Darwin was like being in crocodile dundy i was referring to the scenerys of the nature in the movie. Melb and Sydney was cool :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

Mexico, Germany, Lichtenstein, Texas.  That's it, besides living in the U.S and I have only visited 21 states in the U.S, lived in 5 of them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
13 hours ago, Essan said:

I went on a day trip to Belgium once.   And had a holiday in Malta.  Both a very, very long time ago!

Apart from that, never been outside of Britain - and I have a lifetime's worth of places still to visit here!

France isn't far away, you should try it.  I loved France and I found the assumption that the French are arrogant wrong.  I met only nice people and most of them spoke in English.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

Canada and Jamaica.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
MainerMikeBrown

I've seen a lot of areas in my home country, the U.S.  But I've also been to The Bahamas, Jamaica, Haiti, Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, and a little tiny bit of Canada.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Smoke aLot

A lot of people here traveled much, that's beautiful.

Aside from countries in my region (ex Yugoslavia, Albania, Hungary) I've only been to Spain and it was work related. I had basically same feeling everywhere, it was great especially short talks with elderly people. Traveling is very important and i see it as the only way to lift off some pressure from daily lives. 

Even at 100 kilometers from my city i already feel relaxed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JVG

I've been to Japan, Malaysia, Singapore,Mexico and Canada. Mostly for work and enjoyed the culture and people in every stop. I should have my new passport soon and hope to add to this list. I would love to see England,Scotland,Belgium, Australia and Germany for starters and a few states here that I've missed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

I have traveled alot in the states.

As for international travel I have only been to the Bahamas.

I have a tripped planned for London, and then a train over to Paris since the euro dropped the tickets were way cheaper so I took it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Also, if anyone has suggestions on the must see and do's of London I'm all ears lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissJatti
On 6/19/2019 at 6:37 AM, MissJatti said:

Not many, Originally from India, been to Egypt, Canada, Germany, France, Majorca and Estonia. And so I be going Dubai!!!! UAE

And add Dubai to the list now lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tia

I live in Australia but have spent more time travelling overseas.

Bali is like a second home, 25 years ago it was stunning, now you have to travel to find those untouched spots but if you know what you from the country it's still a great place to visit. 

Vanuatu, another place I could see myself living in, if you love being in the ocean it has the most beautiful snorkeling I've ever seen. People think it's a cheap place to visit but it can be expensive but really worth it.

Fiji heaps when the kids were little, kids club in the resort and pretty scenery, I haven't been there in about 9 years so it's probably changed a lot.

America and Mexico, I only saw a small portion of the west coast. I felt totally safe and found it nice though those freeways are crazy. I'd love a few months to travel around properly and meet a lot of people I know from online so a bucket list thing.

South Korea, loved the way it's very uniformed with public transport and the politeness of the people. I went to visit my daughter who lives there and her idea of showing me around was cafes and shops. I know there's a lot more as I caught glimpses of it so would love to go back though I went in their summer and the heat was horrible, I would never go again in summer or winter.

Bucket list; most of Europe, Ireland and Scotland. South Africa simply to see the Gorillas in the wild, Singapore and a few other Asian countries. I'm part French and Polish and love The Beast of Gevaudan so there's family history to look into and a mystery I would love to see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoseDancer
On 6/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, and then said:

I'd really love to spend a Christmas and Hogmanay in Scotland someday.

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and I can tell you hogmanay is amazing! Let me tell you a story. One hogmanay, after midnight, no transport, two feet of snow, mum, dad and five kids (me the oldest) on our way to 'first foot' grandparents 3 miles away. An ambulance stopped picked us up and dropped us at our grandparents house. Still choke up when I think of that. 

 

Hope you make it one day and have an amazing time. :tsu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.