Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conservative Leadership contest down to 4

Setton

With Rory Stewart out of the running we're down to just 4 contenders to be leader of the Conservative party and our next prime minister. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48696619

Depressing, isn't it? 

[Sadly, it seems Sajid Javid is unable to take a bad photo...] 

Edited by Saru
Images removed due to copyright
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

Sadly, it seems Sajid Javid is unable to take a bad photo.

At least he's got the 'pointy head' thing going for him.

• Haha 1

Tory members are willing to destroy their own party, sacrifice the Union and allow Scottish independence and a united Ireland if it means leaving the European Union, according to a new poll.

And from the man who is likely my next Prime Minister:

Boris Johnson once declared that “government by a Scot is just not conceivable in the current constitutional context”, with the Tory MP claiming Gordon Brown suffered from “a personal political disability” as he represented a constituency north of the Border.

Johnson, the clear favourite to win the Conservative leadership race, spelled out his views on power in the UK in the era of devolution in a blistering attack on the former Labour leader, claiming that Scotland was full of “rotten boroughs”.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/boris-johnson-scots-should-not-become-prime-minister-1-4948629

I'm so done with the shady politics of Great Britain.

4 minutes ago, acute said:

At least he's got the 'pointy head' thing going for him.

:lol:

It looks like his head has been rendered in pixels on an N64.

So now there down to FOUR ? :o

How long before there are non left ? :o

Would that mean that Theresa May retakes the throne ? :unsure2: 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So now there down to FOUR ? :o

How long before there are non left ? :o

Would that mean that Theresa May retakes the throne ? :unsure2: 

With Rory gone BBC/Sky/Ch4 already think there are no candidates left. ;) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

With Rory Stewart out of the running we're down to just 4 contenders to be leader of the Conservative party and our next prime minister. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48696619

Depressing, isn't it? 

[Sadly, it seems Sajid Javid is unable to take a bad photo...] 

Well theres time yet.

He still has 1 photo to go tomorrow before he is gone.

27 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

He was the only candidate who might have persuaded me to vote Conservative again. 

Now what do we have? 

A bigoted buffoon, a man who almost ruined the NHS, a journalist who thinks we should go back to the 50s and... Javid. Who's so bland I can't even think of anything he's done. Which I guess makes him the best choice by default. 

The leadership debate reminded me of that scene from Father Ted when their flight is in trouble and there is only two parachutes and each priest has to say why they deserve one.

Father Briefly - "I think I should get a parachute because I'm great!!!  In fact, I think I should get both parachutes in case the other one doesn't work."

• Like 2

Setton - 

"He was the only candidate who might have persuaded me to vote Conservative again. 

Now what do we have? 

A bigoted buffoon, a man who almost ruined the NHS, a journalist who thinks we should go back to the 50s and... Javid. Who's so bland I can't even think of anything he's done. Which I guess makes him the best choice by default. "

It could be worse -

CiLHme-XIAAlKeh.jpg

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 1

My money is on Boris and Jeremy Hunt being the final too.

Right now the media thinks it dictates if Boris is popular amongst the Tory membership when he is not. He has less than 50% support and a lot of us dont trust him as far as we can throw him. He is divisive, manipulative, self-centred, and a control freak. The media are talking him up as someone who will force the EU to give him a deal. In reality when he tries the steamroller approach on the EU they will tell him on his bike.

Jeremy Hunt has a good chance of winning this. But whichever one it is I predict they will be the shortest lasting PM in history staying in office for just 3 months. They will fail to renegotiate the deal as the EU will stand its ground and tell them no. A General Election will follow quickly.

The Labour Party have already realised a General Election is fast incoming and have decided to adopt a remain stance to see off the Lib Dems. The Tory Party is going to get massacred and is incapable of altering direction. No one has committed to a no deal at the end of October if there is no renegotiated deal, and even if they do it will mean proroguing Parliament. The Tory Party are quite literally only going to win 100 seats in the coming election.

The Brexit Party will give them a kick-in but it wont be enough. Jeremy Corbyn is now almost certainly going to win that election.

45 minutes ago, Setton said:

He was the only candidate who might have persuaded me to vote Conservative again. 

Who was their leader when you voted conservative?

46 minutes ago, Setton said:

Now what do we have? 

A bigoted buffoon, a man who almost ruined the NHS, a journalist who thinks we should go back to the 50s and... Javid. Who's so bland I can't even think of anything he's done. Which I guess makes him the best choice by default. 

Boris tells people what they want to hear.

Then does what he wants too.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

That's because there are No Remainer candidates left , The BBC/SKY/CH4 , have all steadfastly backed the remain camp, and are sorry losers ,and so once again they will resort to lies about leaving the E.U.  but the people are not stupid and can see through their  policies . 

• Like 3

Get Boris in so we can see heads explode.

Labour go full remain and we end up with farage as PM.

Lets be in it for **** and giggles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

In reality when he tries the steamroller approach on the EU they will tell him on his bike.

I suspect they need the UK FAR more than the UK needs them.  May seemed to try the cap-in-hand approach and look what it got HER.  Electing Boris might actually shake them up.  They'll think the population has gone daft with anger at the stalling :w00t:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Who was their leader when you voted conservative?

Cameron. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Get Boris in so we can see heads explode.

Labour go full remain and we end up with farage as PM.

Lets be in it for **** and giggles.

William Hill right now predict an almost 100% chance of Boris being the next PM.

They also predict a Hung Parliament led by a Conservative Coalition in the next General Election. The odds of the Brexit Party or Lib Dems winning it are both 20 to 1 so unlikely to happen.

I want to see Boris try and prorogue Parliament. That will be so funny and entertaining. Imagine the lefty tears as they go mental over it! They would react so badly that I suspect the Queen might have to disappear off on holiday via helicopter for a few months while things settle back down lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

Boris Johnson's mate, what did you see in him?

I guess I was naive. First time I voted and all I'd ever known was a Labour government and thought a change in leadership might improve things. 

20 minutes ago, Setton said:

I guess I was naive. First time I voted and all I'd ever known was a Labour government and thought a change in leadership might improve things. 

still naive, Remainers blocking of Brexit as led to this natural conclusion of possibly Boris being Prime minister well done.

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

still naive, Remainers blocking of Brexit as led to this natural conclusion of possibly Boris being Prime minister well done.

Great - isn't it.

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Great - isn't it.

As long as your happy princess.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

tenor.gif

I reason in that case they all secretly like Boris.

Not his politics, but because he is entertaining. Thats how Trump won too. They wanted the entertaining president so they only put Hillary up against him lol.

And if we are all honest its why we like Farage too!

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1