Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slavery Reparations ?

the13bats

so i happened to glance at the news and saw danny glover involved in something, i clicked it, i like his movies.

Slavery Reparations, i recall this coming up years back and fading away,

the article said something to the effect Lincoln was going to give freed slaves 40 acres and a mule, but he was sadly assassinated and that plan died with him and i guess got more less swep under the rug.

im curious how will this work in todays world, how whould it be determined who gets what and how much?

Edited by the13bats

Double post, I don't know how it happened.

Edited by Manwon Lender

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have no clue, however, I don't believe it's goinging to happen. It would bankrupt the government, and how can you really justify paying reparations to people who have never been slaves. I think in the end this will end up just like postrimatic slave syndrome did, it will never be voted on.

• Like 3

after i posted this i went looking for info, i was confused, i am so ignorant ( on purpose ) on politics that i thought this was a plan in effect, i just learned it was a bill to get voted on that i guess has been shot down for decades, like you i do not believe it will ever get voted in, so my thread is a bit moot. but yeah my questions are just a few of the countless hurdles it would face.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

after i posted this i went looking for info, i was confused, i am so ignorant ( on purpose ) on politics that i thought this was a plan in effect, i just learned it was a bill to get voted on that i guess has been shot down for decades, like you i do not believe it will ever get voted in, so my thread is a bit moot. but yeah my questions are just a few of the countless hurdles it would face.

There were whole Indian tribes who were raided for slaves and mixed with Africans such as my tribe, the Nanticoke but many of us think it's idiotic.

There were whole communities of Free Colored so how will they determine the slaves? 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The biggest problem with it is, if voted in what would it accomplish. Would it end racial strife in America? Because I really don't think it would. I actually think it would create a greater divide, than we already have today. But, I really do wish there was some way to end racism in our country, however, I have no idea how it can be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

There were whole Indian tribes who were raided for slaves and mixed with Africans such as my tribe, the Nanticoke but many of us think it's idiotic.

There were whole communities of Free Colored so how will they determine the slaves? 

I think determining who were slaves would have be left up to Al Sharpton. I am certain he would be unbiased in making this determination.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think determining who were slaves would have be left up to Al Sharpton. I am certain he would be unbiased in making this determination.:rolleyes:

He's the lowest form of waste. A fecal coliform. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

He's the lowest form of waste. A fecal coliform. 

Yes Mr. Sharpton is certainly a unique individual, and I suspect he was involved in the Slavery Reparations bill. The Reverend never lets a chance to gain notoriety slip past him, if it also lines his pockets. Al has made a life as a champion for Black America, and he has become very wealthy doing it. Ai also pushed the theory that Post Tramatic Slave Syndrom is still effecting the Black Community today.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes Mr. Sharpton is certainly a unique individual, and I suspect he was involved in the Slavery Reparations bill. The Reverend never lets a chance to gain notoriety slip past him, if it also lines his pockets. Al has made a life as a champion for Black America, and he has become very wealthy doing it.

He was.

Reparations was brought up at Rowan University. I was the only one with a documented slave ancestor. His name was Cuffee Padget Cuff. I walked in with my family tree and proceed to rip the White SJWs promoting it to shreds. I made them look like the fools they were. 

• Like 5

Will Africans be paying the reparations for selling their prisoners in the first place?  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

The biggest problem with it is, if voted in what would it accomplish. Would it end racial strife in America? Because I really don't think it would. I actually think it would create a greater divide, than we already have today. But, I really do wish there was some way to end racism in our country, however, I have no idea how it can be done.

i have all kinds of thoughts on it, i cant see a lump sum of cash being the answer, its a lightening strike, like a lotto hit for something that took what 200 years + - in the making so you cant heal it in a moment of tossing money and some on either side just arent involved in it and where would the lump sum come from, higher taxes? so by human nature there would be some very angry jealous folks and could we really blame them, so yeah it would make for some very big divides.

racism is a huge problem i too wish there were solutions but there doesnt seem to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

racism is a huge problem i too wish there were solutions but there doesnt seem to be.

Morgan Freeman said it perfect.

Stop talking about it and making it a issue.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

That would be a great start:mellow:

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That would be a great start:mellow:

My family are long time colorblind Quakers. It's English, Dutch, Black, Native, Japanese, Korean and one crazy Turkish aunt. 

Won't be long until everybody is tri-racial like myself. Then it might finally stop. 

The problem is "Turanism" in Asia and 'White Plight" in Europe and the U.S. The purists are going to go out kicking and screaming.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

if we each do the best we can, be the best we can to each other in time it will fall into place.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if those pushing for reparations would agree to a one-time payout and the end of all other welfare?  That should give a crystal clear answer about their motives.

• Like 3

I don't really see the point.  You have ex-slaves who went on to be slave owners themselves, who pays who?

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, the13bats said:

if we each do the best we can, be the best we can to each other in time it will fall into place.

I really wish it could be that simple, but I don't think it will ever be. There are to many issues that need to be addressed before healing can ever take place. 

3 hours ago, Piney said:

this ^^^ ....or this ....

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I really wish it could be that simple, but I don't think it will ever be. There are to many issues that need to be addressed before healing can ever take place. 

cant be both at the same time now can it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anything movement like this could lead to constructive debate. To build monuments and museums is not enough for society to heal. There has to be understanding of the struggle and sacrifice of one people for the better of the other.

Unfortunately we are still in the world which is ruled by animal instincts - stronger survives and that is evident all across the world and all nations, regardless if we admit it or not.

• Like 2

The British perspective of the African slave trade.

(1970's - before political correctness)

Edited by Aaron2016

47 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

If anything movement like this could lead to constructive debate. To build monuments and museums is not enough for society to heal. There has to be understanding of the struggle and sacrifice of one people for the better of the other.

Unfortunately we are still in the world which is ruled by animal instincts - stronger survives and that is evident all across the world and all nations, regardless if we admit it or not.

Struggle and sacrifice is very important when considering solutions. But others can not put all the blame for their currant situations on past occurrences. There must be give and take along with accepting mistakes you have made that puts you in your current place in life. But I think the most pressing thing that must occur is a change in the actions of some of the Black leadership in America. Some of these people rely for to heavily on the race card when they are not controlling a situation or to just garner attention. In addition to this, these same people are more concerned with promoting themselves and filling their own pockets than devoting themselves to the plight of their own people. I suspect that there are some who will not agree with my views, we will just have to wait and see.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

But others can not put all the blame for their currant situations on past occurrences.

Yes, that's why debate, an open discussion is important.

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Some of these people rely for to heavily on the race card when they are not controlling a situation or to just garner attention. In addition to this, these same people are more concerned with promoting themselves and filling their own pockets than devoting themselves to the plight of their own people. I suspect that there are some who will not agree with my views, we will just have to wait and see.

Populism. That's the thing now. It's polluting the world and many sectors of society. Usually nothing fruitful comes out of it, at least nothing for ''the people''.

With good and strong academy circles such figures could not surface, ever. But while academic opinion is silenced all attention is given to figures of questionable integrity... If things continue like this conclusion on one side will be that ''people wanted to be enslaved'' and on the other ''we are still slaves''. Bright future we can expect.

• Like 1

It should be a dead issue, since all the people directly involved are dead.  I don't understand how having people who never owned slaves pay people who never were slaves accomplishes anything.  It will only prolong and exacerbate whatever racial divisions still exist.  We hear a lot about racial issues in the media but I seldom if ever see it at street level. Everywhere across America blacks, whites, Hispanics and others work and live together and mostly get along.  Even when the latest headlines try to whip us into a frenzy over the current racial hotspot, most folks just don't buy into it.  We still keep the relationships we have, say hi to our neighbors, etc.  

Technically, fair reparations would be impossible.  It goes beyond mere black and white.  I, like many whites, am a descendent of immigrants who came over after the Civil War had ended.  Many blacks are no doubt the same.  How would they exempt us from something neither of our ancestors were involved in?  Even in the time of slavery it only existed in the south.  There were free blacks in the north who should be undeserving of payments, assuming that the concept makes any sense at all in the first place.  Without answers, or even questions, about the technical aspects, it is clearly another attempt by our handlers to keep us divided for their own purposes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2